Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I totally agree. I love Rob but Edward needs to stay away like he is supposed to. If they show more if him that means less of the La Push scenes and the Werewolves which are vary important in the two books after New Moon. If we dont see that then you wont feel what Bella feels.

I am also worried that if they hire Dakota that she will take up a huge part of the budget which they need for things like better CGI and a longer movie.

Chris better not screw this up, its really important to a lot of people and the fan base is still growing. I really think that they are pushing it close with casting and then with filming to get it to come out on time and still be amazing.
ScreamingFanGirl
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by ScreamingFanGirl »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:The scene where he's describing the meteor that is Bella would be pointless if we already knew he was dieing inside from being away from her. That scene must be swoon-worthy. If the movie has already shown him curled up in a ball, then all that night back in Forks will achieve is making Bella look like an idiot.
EXACTLY!
It would totally ruin the effect.
especially for those who haven't read the books(and yes, there ARE in fact people who haven't, lol)
there really isn't any reason for edward to show up.
if steph wrote that he was out, he should stay out.
and anyways, what will that do to the effect of the voices in bella's head?
it'll be like yay, we hear his voice.. oh.. but there he is, curled in in a ball like a little baby..
STUPID
but I just know there going to add it. ewhgfuirhturehuri

EDIT: oh, and did i mention,
THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE WEREWOLVES AND JACOB!!!
it will be as if he never existed?
guess not!
ughh I hate ruined moviessss...
Skank Pack:Tay's Left Thigh/Tongue | Dork Squad | I'm on The List
MySunJB21
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MySunJB21 »

So I just got back from seeing Underworld and I really hope they don't make the wolves look anything like the CG in it. It works good for that type of werewolve/vamp movie...but I really just see the wovles looking like normal wolves (just HUGE). They have to be just right amount of scary and gentle at the same time. I really hope they get that right.

Banner and Avator by the talented ForJazz
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

"It will be as though I never existed"

I worry they won't stick to those words. As I read the book for the first time, little did I know how Edward's true feelings were. He left Bella in the middle of the woods and that's the last we hear from him for three-hundred-and-something pages. It was agonizing. It was like the empty hole carved out of Bella's heart, like she describes. It was painful - so give the fans some pain Chris Weitz, Melissa Rosenberg, Summit, etc!

I honestly think it will be VERY cheesy if they decide to show Edward all depressed in South America or wherever the heck he was when he left. The only Edward I want in New Moon from the time he leaves, to Volterra is a voice-over in Bella's imagination. Sure, I may want to see his face underwater when she's drowning, but that's it.

Even on the part where Jacob picks up the phone to say Charlie is at the funeral, there should be NO SIGN at all that it could be Edward on the other end. COME ON!

Now, the fact that a new director might change things completely from Twilight to New Moon is actually a good sign, in my humble opinion. Obviously there's only so much a director can do with the script he is given to work with. But I think a new direction will do wonders for the cast and crew of Twilight/New Moon.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I agree with you. But they didn't show anything from Edward's POV in Twilight so I really hope they stick to that. Also, I'm worried about how they'll portray the hallucinations. I mean, are they going to make his voice over the scene or show his little head floating? I really hope they don't make it cheesy.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
jessi437
Settled in Forks

Post by jessi437 »

i am so so happy that most people feel the same about edward in the movie. i thought i was going to be attacked when i made the post about not having him in it till the very end. lol i just remember the way i felt when i was reading the book, how i was so0o0o sad when he left, and how extremely EXCITED i was when alice came back, and how my heart started beating so fast when bella first saw edward, its going to be ruined if they show edward through the movie.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:But they didn't show anything from Edward's POV in Twilight so I really hope they stick to that.
Actually, they did show Edward's POV in Twilight, if they had kept it Bella's POV throughout the whole thing, we never would have seen the fight in the ballet studio, which wasn't really true to the books, since Emmet and Jasper were supposed to have a fight with James outside the ballet studio because they couldn't handle the blood. Edward was just supposed to pull him off...
Back on topic! I'm worried that they won't do a good job distributing the budget for New Moon and spend too much on actors and not enough on special effects.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I just want him to stay true to the book. My biggest problem is with the screen writer - Melissa Rosenberg. She destroyed Twilight and along with Hardwicke and their crappy interpretation of the book, gave us that sorry excuse of a movie. :evil:

Rosenberg has no idea how to adapt a movie from a book. So, yeah, I'm concerned with this. I am hoping that Chris will live up to his letter to the fans and stay true to form. We need Edward gone for the length of time he was in the book. We need and the audience needs to understand why Bella was so heart broken and we need to feel it. The whole purpose of all of this is to show Bella & Jacob's budding relationship and the possible threat this becomes to the Edward/Bella relationship and to feel the excitement and joy that comes from us, the fans, finally seeing Edward once again from the Chapter 'The Race' to the end.

If the core elements of the book are not written in the script and performed right by the cast, we could be in for another 'crap-fest' that was Twilight. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
jessi437
Settled in Forks

Post by jessi437 »

navarre wrote:I just want him to stay true to the book. My biggest problem is with the screen writer - Melissa Rosenberg. She destroyed Twilight and along with Hardwicke and their crappy interpretation of the book, gave us that sorry excuse of a movie. :evil:

Rosenberg has no idea how to adapt a movie from a book. So, yeah, I'm concerned with this. I am hoping that Chris will live up to his letter to the fans and stay true to form. We need Edward gone for the length of time he was in the book. We need and the audience needs to understand why Bella was so heart broken and we need to feel it. The whole purpose of all of this is to show Bella & Jacob's budding relationship and the possible threat this becomes to the Edward/Bella relationship and to feel the excitement and joy that comes from us, the fans, finally seeing Edward once again from the Chapter 'The Race' to the end.

If the core elements of the book are not written in the script and performed right by the cast, we could be in for another 'crap-fest' that was Twilight. :x

ouch, harsh, but i have to admit that i agree. when i really think about it critically and maturly, twilight was not a very good movie. It had its moments ill admit. but all in al it could have been a lot better. but anyways lol i have my fears about the screenwriter too. i do have my hopes for the new director though just because i think that katherine destroyed the concept of the first movie. i thnk that a lot of my problems witht kristen playing bella probably come from direction issues.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:But they didn't show anything from Edward's POV in Twilight so I really hope they stick to that.
Actually, they did show Edward's POV in Twilight, if they had kept it Bella's POV throughout the whole thing, we never would have seen the fight in the ballet studio, which wasn't really true to the books, since Emmet and Jasper were supposed to have a fight with James outside the ballet studio because they couldn't handle the blood. Edward was just supposed to pull him off...
Back on topic! I'm worried that they won't do a good job distributing the budget for New Moon and spend too much on actors and not enough on special effects.
Its understandable that they did that though since if it were from Bella's POV, you would had just seen a black screen since she was unconscious or screaming in agony.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.