Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by Black Rose »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?

I know most poeple think he imprinted on Bella, but I never thought so. I thought that that would be a new twist in Eclipse or Breaking Dawn.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

There were the legends that were later learn about. Other than that, I dunno.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

No, I didn't surprise me at all. Jake not only has a temper but he also feels very strongly about keeping Bella human. I like to think that I have better control of my temper so, if I were in his shoes, I think I would have been upset but not out right mad.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?

I've never thought about it before, but I think they'll right. It was a little bit of harsh teasing on Edward's part, but he was only thinking about keeping Bella of the rez. He probably never thought of it as teasing.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
-I really hoped he would ! That way he could leave Edward and Bella alone.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
-I honestly have no idea haha.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
-Nope, I knew he would be super mad. If I was him, I don't know what I would do, haha.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
-No! Edward was just trying to be a gentlemen and not make Bella sleep on his couch. If, later on there is another use for it, then the better (:
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I was hoping that he would imprint on someone and I thought it was going to be someone random. But no such luck in Eclipse.

I had no idea what he was talking about. Of course we find out about others later.

I knew he was going to be extremely upset about the whole thing so I wasn't surprised when that happened. If I were Jacob I would try to be a little more understanding because there is more to the transformation than he thinks.

I could see why people would think that he was teasing her by buying the bed, given that he won't be intimate with her because of the consequences. I don't think it was intentional whatsoever, he bought it for her own comfort.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? I didn't think he would but I hoped he would!

No idea what other legends there are, I'm interested to find out what they are though.

It did not surprise me it seems like a lot of his actions are fueled by whatever insticts he' s feeling because of his change

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? I agree with most PP's that he was not trying to tease her, he just ended up teasing her and us! LOL I think he got the bed with her comfort in mind as he knew she'd be there while he was away, even though it was against her will. A PP mentioned that this part of the book/chapter made her melt and I have to admit that it had the same effect on me. Imagine Bella! LOL
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn? Yes, it would make everything right.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be? I don't know...maybe there are other mythical creatures?

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob? Kinda, I mean I thought he knew that's what she wanted. As me, I support Bella's desire to become a vampire. But as Jacob, I think I may have been upset, not not rude like he was.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way? I think he just wanted her to be comfortable while being held hostage, and thought that Bella would know that they can't do that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LilyMorgana

Post by LilyMorgana »

Yeah, I did. I thought it would all be part of the perfect happy ending.

I would LOVE to know that. Maybe there could be a new series about those other legends? :D

It didn't really surprise me. I think that I would've reacted exactly the same.

No, he just wanted her to be more comfortable. It's the stuff he did later in the bed that bothered me. That must've been very confusing for Bella.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
-veiled-

Post by -veiled- »

- I thought that he had imprinted on Bella at first, until he says (not sure where in the book, sorry!) that he wasn't, but he wanted to be. Then I thought, well....hell?! :mrgreen:

- There could be anything at this point such as aliens, witches, etc!

- Of course, he was going to be upset, but I would have been a bit more understanding towards Bella.

- I think he was just looking after her. Making her as comfortable as she can be. Of course she needs sleep, and he did the right thing to give her a bed. But if I were Bella, I would have been thinking "time to tackle my man! *growls*!
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I figured he would at some point. It's clear that he's trying to force himself to imprint on Bella (when he stares at her) - I thought that was funny.

I wasn't really sure what other legends there were...I figured there had to be more about the vampires and the wolves and all the background of how the treaty developed.

Not really, I figured he would get mad at that...given the fact that he loves her I am not at all surprised that he would get mad.

It does feel like kind of a tease. But, Edward is such a gentleman that he recognized that if he's going to have Alice kidnap Bella and watch her whenever he's away it is a bit unfair to make her sleep on a couch. And...I figured that Edward may be swayed too (or hoped!) to change his mind on that subject. ;)
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Can't answer that one now that I know what happened. But if I answered it before I read breaking dawn I would have said that he would. I just wanted him to so badly so that he would stop torturing himself over Bella.

Way to many legends to list here. If you are talking about more than just this book series. I am into legend and there are a lot out there.

It didn't surprise me. Since Jacob believed what he did and plus he blames what he is on the vampires existence, it wasn't such a shock. If I believed what he did I would have probably reacted almost the same way.

I don't think Edward was taking all that other stuff into consideration. Maybe he was trying to make up for having Alice hold her hostage by making her more comfortable. It could happen. Edward was so shocked that it was sex she wanted anyway, remember so that is why I don't think he was considering that when he bought the bed.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I don't think Edward would tease Bella like that. I think that he was just trying to be accommodating - the same way that he wants to buy her nice things all the time. I think he wanted to make being there as appealing as possible. He probably really wishes she had no desire to go be with Jacob. He may have had a smidge of "normal human boy" in him and tried to outdo the competition - make her want to stay. I think he also couldn't help liking the idea of her being in his room, sleeping in his bed. He's always felt regret about the way he can't be with her the way a human could - a normal human boy would have a bed in his room, and could sleep in it with his girlfriend. He can't, but I think he wanted to try and have things be normal for her.

Image Image