Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by roseaurora »

Oooo.. new thread!

Hi all! Haven't been around much these last few days, classes are already kicking into gear and I was asked be a mentor to first year law students, which I think is pretty cool, but that adds 8 hours of "office hours" to my already packed schedule.

I LOVE the new banners! I am envious of people who can do computer graphic type stuff... I don't have a brain for things like that, lol. Fantastic job MRK!

CantBreathe: I think it totally reasonable to be sad to say bye to your turtles! At least your mom will be near by to look in on them and let you know they are doing well :)

That news story is so heart breaking. Can't even imagine how much more damage could have been done if he had a gun! I am very much an anti-gun (pro-gun control) person! I'll have to be sure to share this story next time I find myself in a debate over the matter.

Has anyone heard from Dazzled by Cullens? Hope her operation went smoothly!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Siberian Kiss
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Siberian Kiss »

Yeah, I meant that we write a lot, so very soon we´ll catch the amount of threds about R.Pattinson (are 8 now I think), but we´re quite more interesting that wow, how cute, I want to marry him :lol:
love my banner, love MRK even more!!
What kind of man you are, if you are a man at all?
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

actually it was 6 last time i checked but it was at page 99 so probably 7 by now..
close enough though :lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Yay for a new thread. Yeah the rob pattinson thread is epic. I have been known to post over there from time to time. :) I happen to have a slight crush on him. hehe Okay, enough of that.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Woot woot, new thread!!!

I was planning to write a lot of things, mostly ranting that would be to "mature" to fit into the vent-thread, but also some things that would make sense.
However, now that it comes down to it I'm too tired, and too sad.
Lily knows why, MRK can guess, Paulinha can also guess if she remember what we talked about on msn a while back.
Cappu, I like your new hair!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Feel better Wingtear! I would hate for you to be sad! :cry:
I may not know you exceedingly well, but if you need someone to talk to, I've been told I'm a good listener (listening to the words on a screen?), and you can PM me anytime!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ninna~ You know your random 25 things on FB? The whole 14 thing? There's a time for everything...

*HUGE BLUSH* thanks guys for all of the kind compliments about the banners *clears throat, steps out of limelight*

So...I was thinking...who do you think are the

A. three hottest female actresses
1. Angelina Jolie (duh, she has it all)
2. America Ferrera (she is amazingly gorgeous and confident)
3. Kiera Knightly (I think shes a touch too skinny, but her eyes have a real depth)
B. three hottest male actors
1. Johnny Depp (YUM)
2. George Cloooney(YUM)
3. tie between Vince Vaughn, Jimmy Fallon, and Jack Black (I know, I know...I just adore funny men!)
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Hey new thread! OK, thought I'd wait for the start of the new thread to publish the birthdays, so everyone can find it. Here it is

CappuGirl Jan 21 1982 Aquarius
Lisette Jan 21 1984 Aquarius
Vampire_elf March 21 1982 Aries
Holly March 29 1980 Aries
Kim April 17 1986 Aries
Eddie April 18 1988 Aries
Rose April 29 Taurus
Tabs June 1 1980 Gemini
Cas June 2 1985 Gemini
Paulinha June 20 1981 Gemini
Liezie June 20 1984 Gemini
CiaoBella June 23 1986 Cancer
Sam July 12 1985 Cancer
OktoSink Aug 5 1989 Leo
SenorGimp Aug 17 1985 Leo
Jasmine Aug 28 1981 Virgo
MRK Aug 28 1979 Virgo
Ninna Dec 5 1983 Sagittarius

I do have it in a proper MWord table, but I can't work out how to put that on here. Damn post window.

Um, few questions. MRK PM'd me a banner, can someone tell me how to use it please. :)

Also, what's ETSY?

OK, I found a new book completely by accident yesterday. It's kind of Twilighty in that it's paranormal type stuff, but not completely about vampires. It's also, in the young fiction section of the bookshop. But anyway, it's called The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones. And the second one is called TMI - City of Ashes. They're about a girl called Clary, who meets these Shadowhunters, powerful humans who fight demons, and evil 'Downworlders' (vamps, werewolves, faeiries etc. but only the bad ones). It's pretty cool, and has an Edwardish sort of character, but there's a slightly odd twist at the end. Don't know if anyone else has heard of them, but they're worth a read.

Sam, I'm so sorry about your turtles. We had to give away our dog and our cats when we moved to Australia, and even though we found the perfect homes for them, it was really, really hard. We've actually never got another dog over it. I hope they're happy in their new home though. :) At least your mum can keep you up to date about how they're getting on.

Oh, and yeah, I'm sure the fact that they're shooting Twilight in Vancouver had nothing to do with my deciding to visit. ;) Whistles innocently.

Oh, and A. Hottest female stars
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Kate Winslet
3. Anne Hathaway (I just think she's beautiful)
B. Hottest male stars (not really in order, I love all of these guys equally :))
1. Jackson Rathbone (I just can't get over it :))
2. Andrew Lincoln (For those who don't know him, he's the guy in Love Actually who's outside Keira Knightley's door with those signs.)
3. Ryan Reynolds (Go figure, just love him), or Richard Armitage (vicar's boyfriend on Vicar of Dibley)

In case you can't tell I'm kind of partial to English guys. :)
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

A. three hottest female actresses (I am going to equate hot with beautiful)
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones
3. Kate Hudson

B. three hottest male actors
1. Hugh Jackman!
2. Ewan McGregor!
3. Michael Vartan

My hubby's list just for giggles:
1. Megan Fox
2. Reese Witherspoon
3. Kate Hudson

1. Will Smith
2. Tom Cruise
3. Josh Duhamel

His taste is pretty good, I think :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Siberian Kiss
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Siberian Kiss »

Three hottest actors
1. Jared Leto
2. Edward Norton
3. Ewan Mcgregor

Three hottest actress
1. Reese Witherspoon
2. Audrey Tautou
3. Kirsten Dunst

I have to make an honour mention in the men category to R.Pattinson, as since I bought a Twilight poster I´ve dreamed once with him (and was the most geekiest dream of my life as he said "sorry for the bad films I do and you as fans has to se") as I never dream with famous people!
love my banner, love MRK even more!!
What kind of man you are, if you are a man at all?