Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby SenorGimp » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 pm

her posts are the best!!!
that's why I called on her to answer...
:D
Image
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: fort collins colorado

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:07 pm

:lol: :lol: . I also want malaz, navarre, HOFJ, and CrazilyObsessed on this one. All of the novel posters come on in please! :lol:
Image
User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby Jazz Girl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:11 pm

SenorGimp wrote:Or maybe it's the fact that the werewolves (shape-shifters) are basically as strong as Vampires when in their human form (witness Bella breaking her hand on Jacob's human face), so the very fact that they can phase at all could, conceivably be considered a quantifiable supernatural talent...
I don't know...
Jazz Girl, help me out here! :!:


SenorGimp, you don't need my help. I'm pretty sure you have the way of it here. Shape shifting is their supernatural talent. But, I do think there is a secondary factor. It seems to me that all of the supernatural gifts we know of, from Edward's mind reading to Jane's burning gaze to Kate's shocking ability, are based in the mind. They are controlled through thought. When the pack phases, two things happen: 1) they are less controlled by their mind and more by their instincts (that's why Alice cant's see them), and 2) they share a common mind. Each of those factors taken individually would make it really hard to control an ability through thought. Put them together, and it would be nigh on impossible. So, their shape shifting ability is the extend of their special abilities.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
User avatar
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Jazz Girl wrote:
SenorGimp wrote:Or maybe it's the fact that the werewolves (shape-shifters) are basically as strong as Vampires when in their human form (witness Bella breaking her hand on Jacob's human face), so the very fact that they can phase at all could, conceivably be considered a quantifiable supernatural talent...
I don't know...
Jazz Girl, help me out here! :!:


SenorGimp, you don't need my help. I'm pretty sure you have the way of it here. Shape shifting is their supernatural talent. But, I do think there is a secondary factor. It seems to me that all of the supernatural gifts we know of, from Edward's mind reading to Jane's burning gaze to Kate's shocking ability, are based in the mind. They are controlled through thought. When the pack phases, two things happen: 1) they are less controlled by their mind and more by their instincts (that's why Alice cant's see them), and 2) they share a common mind. Each of those factors taken individually would make it really hard to control an ability through thought. Put them together, and it would be nigh on impossible. So, their shape shifting ability is the extend of their special abilities.


Bravo Jazz Girl. *claps* :mrgreen: You always have awesome responses and continue to amaze me. :D
Image
User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby Jazz Girl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Awwww! You guys are making me blush! :oops:

Okay, so I have a question to pose to you all. Granted, I am still wondering about the illicit things SM says are kept in the secret basement in the Cullen home. But, this one is the more pressing question. What do you think Bella wrote in her farewell note to Jacob?"
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
User avatar
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby who_needs_fangs? » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 pm

I have another thought to throw in there about quantifiable abilities in shape-shifters. Maybe, if Billy is right in his theory on imprinting, that's what Jacob and Nessie's children would have to make them stronger- individual powers in addition to turning into a wolf. On the topic of what Nessie's and Jacob's children would be like, I see a lot of people pointing out that the kids would be around vampires and guaranteed to turn into werewolves. Maybe that's the point. Maybe their descendants won't need vampires in the area to trigger phasing because they'll have vampires within themselves, and will just turn into wolves at the age of manhood, like the first generations of wolves did.
Image
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
User avatar
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 am
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby SenorGimp » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:50 pm

Excellent points^^^
I never thought of that.
I'm going to go invite the other 'novel posters' here as someone suggested, so that we can really get this thread going!
I'll answer your question late jazz girl.
Image
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: fort collins colorado

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby edward x lover » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:24 am

^^Also those vampire/wolves don't HAVE to be men either. Just look at Leah.

I have another question to throw out there. I know you have been talking about what if Edward wasn't there at all. What if he didn't leave?? Would Bella and Jacob still become friends?? I think they would. He was still drawn to her from the very beginning. Her egg would still be inside her and the male (Edward) to make the baby was still around.

Also-on the subject of babies-what if Edward was just a human...would (being Jacob would still have competition, Edward still could have torn Bella apart by leaving etc.) Jacob still have imprinted on their child or is Nessie's vampire gene what makes her the prime candidate??

PS sorry if I interupted any questions. I just love speculating!!!
~Lee~
Image
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
User avatar
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby who_needs_fangs? » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 am

edward x lover wrote:^^Also those vampire/wolves don't HAVE to be men either. Just look at Leah.

That's a good point. In fact that may be why Leah phased in the first place, because the species is evolving to include female wolves. Maybe Leah isn't a genetic dead-end and she'll have a daughter who will also become a wolf.

edward x lover wrote:I have another question to throw out there. I know you have been talking about what if Edward wasn't there at all. What if he didn't leave?? Would Bella and Jacob still become friends?? I think they would. He was still drawn to her from the very beginning. Her egg would still be inside her and the male (Edward) to make the baby was still around.

Stephenie Meyer said that Jacob had actually fallen in love with Bella, not just drawn to her follicle. The love just wouldn't bloom on Bella's end, Jacob would accept that, and if Bella and Edward had a child, he would imprint on the baby. That was Stephenie's basic plan for Forever Dawn, wasn't it?

edward x lover wrote:Also-on the subject of babies-what if Edward was just a human...would (being Jacob would still have competition, Edward still could have torn Bella apart by leaving etc.) Jacob still have imprinted on their child or is Nessie's vampire gene what makes her the prime candidate??

Imprinting is finding the perfect genetic match, according to SM. If Nessie's genetics borrow heavily from Edward's two extra, then she would just be too different if she was completely human and Jacob wouldn't imprint on her, or at all.
Image
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
User avatar
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif
 
Posts: 9459
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:17 am
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Postby Jazz Girl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:43 pm

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edward x lover wrote:I have another question to throw out there. I know you have been talking about what if Edward wasn't there at all. What if he didn't leave?? Would Bella and Jacob still become friends?? I think they would. He was still drawn to her from the very beginning. Her egg would still be inside her and the male (Edward) to make the baby was still around.

Stephenie Meyer said that Jacob had actually fallen in love with Bella, not just drawn to her follicle. The love just wouldn't bloom on Bella's end, Jacob would accept that, and if Bella and Edward had a child, he would imprint on the baby. That was Stephenie's basic plan for Forever Dawn, wasn't it?


This is where I have always had trouble. I do not at all believe that Jacob's attraction to Bella had anything to do with the little microscopic egg that would become Renesmee. I think that his attraction to Bella was genuine. He loved her, plain and simple. His love for Bella and his impriniting on Renesmee were unrelated. If there had been no supernatural elements in either of their lives, Bella and Jacob would have ended up together. I've talked before about how I think that relationship would have played out. But, it would have happened. I always saw Jacob's imprinting on Renesmee as a kind of replacement prize from fate. The supernatural intervened and took away the girl he was supposed to have, but he got Renesmee instead.
To answer your question, Edward X Lover, yes, I think Bella and Jacob would have become friends, would have probably even still fallen in love. But, I also think it would have complicated things much more than they already were. If Edward hadn't left in NM, Jacob is still a wolf and Edward is still his enemy. So, the tug of war between the two would still take place. But, I think it would have been even worse. Edward wouldn't have his feelings of gratitude towards Jacob for saving Bella, protecting her when he couldn't/wouldn't, to mitigate his natural dislike and his jealousy. Edward is very much the thinker. But he is also very very set in his beliefs. Without prior proof that Jacob could be trusted around Bella, he never would have given in so gracefully about Bella spending time with Jacob.
Also, take into account that Bella's feelings/experiences would be very different as well. Bella says at the end of Eclipse, "Jacob's pain seemed too high a price. Cringing at the thought of that price, I wondered if I would have wavered, if I hadn't lost Edward once. If I didn't know what it was like to live without him. I wasn't sure. That knowledge was so deep a part of me, I couldn't imagine how I would feel without it." It is hard to think about the differences in Bella's experience if Edward hadn't have left. They would have had 6 months more time together, getting to know each other, falling love. But, Bella also would not have endured 6 months of agony that helped her to realize, in the end, who her true soulmate was. From experience, I feel I can safely say, when you have that knowledge, it changes you to your core. You can't ever put aside that understanding of what life was like thinking you lost the one you love.
So, in answer to your question, yes, they would have become friends, possibly even fallen in love. And, in the end, I don't know that things would have turned out the same. I hate to even contemplate that thought.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
User avatar
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

PreviousNext

Return to In the Twilight Zone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests