Athletes Thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Athletes Thread

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Does anyone else do gymnastics here? :P haha, I absolutely suck at volleyball...or any sport that involves making contact with balls. (Oh dear that sounded a tad bit more provoking than I wanted it to.)
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
allieb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by allieb »

haha this is an interesting thread.
um i play soccer (or football) as a forward/ occassionally defense.... and i play field hockey as a goalie...
haha i have so many bruises from field hockey!! =] but it is still fun

i used to play softball (i quit to play soccer), basketball (quit cuz i sucked), gymnastics (quit cuz i hated it, sorry not my thing), and uh tennis but i didnt have time.
haha
E<3B .::. APPC-Team Alice .::. Sheila Delucci- Mafia .::. RANDIE REGULAR SINCE #11
He's just going to get ruined by women. .::. Where's Efron?.::. QUADRUPLETS: Syd Nar & Cocoa
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Ummmm I play a variety of sports.

Soccer.
Touch.
Gymnastics.
Volleyball.
Basketball.
Swimming (Backstroke and Freestyle).
Athletics (100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1200m, 1500m, high jump).
Badmington

Thats it ^_^

I'm not in a club. I just play a variety for/at my school.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by goymer »

I've been a member of Poole Runners (Athletics Weekly's running club of the year 2008 :D ) for about 3 1/2 years. Started off doing 1500m, but gradually increased my distances, the longest race I ever did was 7.5 miles (about 12km!). Just over a year ago I decided I'd had enough of just training with guys, I was 18 and all the girls who did longer distances had either left the club or gone to uni! So I'm now a sprinter, 200m and 400m being my best events, my acceleration isn't really good enough for 100m.

I'm trying to get back into playing football (soccer), I did play for a youth team for one season a few years ago but we were awful! Lost our first match 20-0 (!) and the best result in the entire seaon was a 3-3 draw! Problem is, at 19 (nearly 20, 5 days!) it's a bit late to start taking it seriously. That should've happened when I was 15 at the very latest.
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
PhoenixWhitlock
Wandering Through Town

Post by PhoenixWhitlock »

I've done so many sports throughout my life and only one has stuck: Soccer... or football. Whatever you call it, haha.

Soccer is the one where I can release my anger effectively. Preferably at the goalie... haha. :P
I normally play defense and sometimes right mid. Depends if the coach likes me that day or not. :roll:
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Netball
Long Jump
Triple Jump
Running (I'm good at it, but I don't really like it)
Netball
Tennis
Rounders
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

-Jasper wrote:Netball
Long Jump
Triple Jump
Running (I'm good at it, but I don't really like it)
Netball
Tennis
Rounders
:o Tennis ^_^

Are you watching the Australian Open???

Who's your favourite player??? Out of the girls and guys???
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
-Jasper
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

*breathe* no, I don't really like watching tennis, all that really happens is that the players make weird noises - I prefer to actually play. I just check the score every half an hour. My mum tells me Nadal and Federa (can't spell) were both very good, since I can't be bothered to check, I'll take her word for it. :lol:
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

-Jasper wrote:*breathe* no, I don't really like watching tennis, all that really happens is that the players make weird noises - I prefer to actually play. I just check the score every half an hour. My mum tells me Nadal and Federa (can't spell) were both very good, since I can't be bothered to check, I'll take her word for it. :lol:
Laugh.My.Fcken.backside.Off.

Laugh.Out.Loud.

:lol:

I thought you were like a pro :P And knew more than Rafael and Roger. Then there's Novak Djokovic, then Andy Murray, then someone else, then Gilles Simon, then Andy Roddick then so and so :P

Then Jelena Jankovic, Then Maria Sharapova (I think), then Danara Safrina, then Elena Dementeiva, then Ana Ivanovic, then Venus Williams, Then someone else and so and so...

Hahahaha :P I know more, but I don't know the orders yet ^_^ Tennis is the bomb. And I love it how they make the noises, because they're the noises when they're having.................. So it's funny to what they sound like in bed :lol:

Sorry if I made things disturbing...
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
-Jasper

Post by -Jasper »

lol - I'm definitely not a pro, I used to be on a tennis team though, so I'm not completely throw-your-racket-everywhere-get-hit-by-a-ball bad. :lol: I was in the newspaper a few times - my claim to fame :D
I know Tim Henman, Serena Williams and umm ... that budding young star person

Me and my sister always imitate the noises when tennis is on tv, so we're used to disturbing sounds :lol: