Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:But they didn't show anything from Edward's POV in Twilight so I really hope they stick to that.
Actually, they did show Edward's POV in Twilight, if they had kept it Bella's POV throughout the whole thing, we never would have seen the fight in the ballet studio, which wasn't really true to the books, since Emmet and Jasper were supposed to have a fight with James outside the ballet studio because they couldn't handle the blood. Edward was just supposed to pull him off...
Back on topic! I'm worried that they won't do a good job distributing the budget for New Moon and spend too much on actors and not enough on special effects.
Its understandable that they did that though since if it were from Bella's POV, you would had just seen a black screen since she was unconscious or screaming in agony.
I suppose you're right, though they could have had a black screen, and come back for the scene when Carlisle, Alice and Edward are 'assessing the damage', that wouldn't be all that interesting. My rant was more about the fight between Edward and James, I would have liked it better if the fight was between James and Jasper and Emmet. Since when are the best fighters in the family so wimpy that they can't dismember James without Alice's help?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

[/quote]
I suppose you're right, though they could have had a black screen, and come back for the scene when Carlisle, Alice and Edward are 'assessing the damage', that wouldn't be all that interesting. My rant was more about the fight between Edward and James, I would have liked it better if the fight was between James and Jasper and Emmet. Since when are the best fighters in the family so wimpy that they can't dismember James without Alice's help?[/quote]

I really didn't see it as though the boys needed Alice to kill him, but rather that Carlise didn't want her next to Bella's blood. what else was she going to do just stand there and watch. lol
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

navarre wrote:I just want him to stay true to the book. My biggest problem is with the screen writer - Melissa Rosenberg. She destroyed Twilight and along with Hardwicke and their crappy interpretation of the book, gave us that sorry excuse of a movie. :evil:

Rosenberg has no idea how to adapt a movie from a book. So, yeah, I'm concerned with this. I am hoping that Chris will live up to his letter to the fans and stay true to form. We need Edward gone for the length of time he was in the book. We need and the audience needs to understand why Bella was so heart broken and we need to feel it. The whole purpose of all of this is to show Bella & Jacob's budding relationship and the possible threat this becomes to the Edward/Bella relationship and to feel the excitement and joy that comes from us, the fans, finally seeing Edward once again from the Chapter 'The Race' to the end.

If the core elements of the book are not written in the script and performed right by the cast, we could be in for another 'crap-fest' that was Twilight. :x
Navarre had the guts to say what I probably didn't. I've watched Twilight a few times, to try to let it grow on me. But truth be told, the movie was a joke to a lot of people. The good scenes, for most part, were the awesomely bad scenes. I've said this before - watching Twilight felt like watching a good episode of The Hills. You know it's embarrassingly stupid, but there you are - you can't take your eyes off of it.

But because I'm such a big fan of the books, and I respect the actors for their previous roles in other movies, I have somewhat of an unrealistic expectation that New Moon will turn out to be a decent movie. If for anything, maybe the actors watched themselves on screen and felt the same way about some of those goofy scenes we all know we saw in the movie.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
Navarre had the guts to say what I probably didn't. I've watched Twilight a few times, to try to let it grow on me. But truth be told, the movie was a joke to a lot of people. The good scenes, for most part, were the awesomely bad scenes. I've said this before - watching Twilight felt like watching a good episode of The Hills. You know it's embarrassingly stupid, but there you are - you can't take your eyes off of it.

But because I'm such a big fan of the books, and I respect the actors for their previous roles in other movies, I have somewhat of an unrealistic expectation that New Moon will turn out to be a decent movie. If for anything, maybe the actors watched themselves on screen and felt the same way about some of those goofy scenes we all know we saw in the movie.
I totally agree with you. Hopefully Chris will do a better job of directing the actors so NM is not as bad as Twilight. :D :D :D
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

That is so true.
I mean, when I saw Twilight I really wasn't expecting Jacob to deliver her truck.
She said she has read the books before but she could've put Jacob in until the scene with the beach to make that effect because that was a main point in how Bella found out about Edward and she already met him as the guy that delivered the truck. Not as the guy she tried flirting with and surprisingly made it work. Kudos to her for at least putting in some quotes from the book like when Edward tells Bella," As if you could fight me off." And goes mad. I tried to look for that part in the book and when I found it I was telling my brother about it and my brother doesn't care at all about Twilight or anything that has to do with it.
She should do a better job in New Moon and not screw it up so much. I rest my case.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I agree with you ^^^^ The Writer needs to try to stay more true to the story line. Like why did she tell him that she knows what he is in the woods VS in the car like she was supposed to,and what was up with the bad vampires being through out the movie they arn't supposed to show up till the baseball scene. Oh and Yes the movie did say "he looks at you like your something to eat" that was not suposed to be out side of the diner but at the gym. Why did she change scenes around that didn't need to be changed?!? I am glad that the good lines did appear in the movie I just wish they were where they were supposed to be.

Oh and omg! What was up ith Bella's and Edward's first kiss likethe day before the baseball scene? It looks like they just fell in love and are having a real romance while in the books there is a huge time lapse! It worrys me that people aren't going to understand why she is so upset about him leaving kind of like she is bing over dramatic.

It kind of makes the movie look like a movie about Vampires that just happens to have a love story rather than a love story that just happens to have Vampires like the books. I really hope that they can change this around for NM and sick it out through Eclipse and BD.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

The movie would have been SO much better off if they had dropped the extra human scenes and that useless greenhouse scene, and spent that time with Bella and Edward having lunch together. There was no progression of the romance. They were barely acquaintances, and she suddenly feels she's in love with him and tells him he's a vampire in the woods for no reason? And why not let Jacob tell her the vampire story, how will that work out in New Moon? In the book, the only reason she doesn't remember about the wolves is because the vampire story overshadows it. In the movie, there's nothing to overshadow the wolf story, because that's the only story he told, then they felt the need to have Angela get chased by something slimy resembling an eel on a stick. Why was Bella suddenly into woman's lib? She tells Angela to be a strong, independent woman, but was has she done to show herself to be self-sufficient? They took out her maternal instincts, which would make Breaking Dawn make sense. She didn't even remember the pepper spray on the one occasion it could have been useful.

I hope that New Moon puts the focus where it belongs and prioritizes what's important to the movie.

Excuse the rant brought on by lack of sleep.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I think that the problem with the Twilight Movie wasn't the script, but the Director's interpretation of the script. I read the script beofre I went in to see the movie, and I was very satisfied with I read. In fact, I felt like I was reading Twilight for the first time all over again.
I hope that Chris Weitz can do a better job at interpreting the script, and making the script and book appear as wonderful on screen as it is on paper.

Catherine Hardwicke is an alright Indie director. I loved Lords of Dogtown, and I guess Thirteen was alright... but when it comes to Mainstream Film, she's pretty amateur.

*crossing fingers for Chris Weitz*
"and the boy loved the tree"
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I suppose you're right, though they could have had a black screen, and come back for the scene when Carlisle, Alice and Edward are 'assessing the damage', that wouldn't be all that interesting. My rant was more about the fight between Edward and James, I would have liked it better if the fight was between James and Jasper and Emmet. Since when are the best fighters in the family so wimpy that they can't dismember James without Alice's help?
Yeah...I guess they were trying to find a way for Bella and Edward to be alone (with the exception of Carlisle) for the part where he has to suck the venom out. So that's probably why they sent Alice to "help the guys out". Though I wonder, where was Rosalie for this? :roll:

Naureen, I so totally agree with you on the unneccessary scenes. The green house thing, uh, yeah, kind of pointless. They WERE just aquaintances and then you have Edward telling her that he feels very protective of her. -shakes head-

-crosses fingers for a better stick-to-book movie-
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

I don't know about the New Moon's Trailer but I think it's rather good about Italy and so bad about wolves .... They're so small as dog , not a horse ... :( .... I love all Twilight Saga trailer ...