Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by sarah! »

Yes, I can't read anything BUT Twilight theswe days unless it has one of the characters names in it. But even then, I end up comparing the characters in each boo and Twilight wins EVERY time!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Ditto on the vampire books (im honestly not following you Jessica-Louise :lol:)
I never really thought about them much before i read Twilight now im buying almost anything with vampires in.
I've always read loads but now my usual fantasy dominated book cupboard is being encroached by numerous vampire books (dang i just noticed how similar that bit was to your post :oops: )
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I am under total domination of these books!! A total prisoner to my own desire for all things Twilight!!

A prisoner for life! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Yes! I cant read books now without thinking.. these suck compared to Twilight.. or always wanting some kind of romance novel.. but then they are dumb. I used to read a bunch.. now I read A LOT. It is crazy.
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

LadyViolet wrote:Ditto on the vampire books (im honestly not following you Jessica-Louise :lol:)
I never really thought about them much before i read Twilight now im buying almost anything with vampires in.
I've always read loads but now my usual fantasy dominated book cupboard is being encroached by numerous vampire books (dang i just noticed how similar that bit was to your post :oops: )
Haha I have my own little lex stalker! It's ok LadyViolet we just seem to have a lot in common thats all and thats not a bad thing! :)
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Usually I have no interest in reading classics but ever since I read that they were included in Twilight, I suddenly became quite curious. (Like how Edward's name was taken from Pride and Prejudice.) I'm actually thinking of reading Wuthering Heights! Oh the cleverness of Twilight.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

Has Twilight affected your reading habits?
Yes.Drastically.
I will probably think every other book sux from now on.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
uniqueTWILIGHTfan
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by uniqueTWILIGHTfan »

Not really, not as bad as Harry Potter did at first. But I will say that I won't ever be able to read a different series/book about vampires.
Irritable_Grizzly
Settled in Forks

Post by Irritable_Grizzly »

SarahMarie wrote:Affected?
It's pretty much made other reading impossible.
I have this HUMONGOUS list of books I really want to read, but whenever I go to read them, I keep reading Twilight over and over and over...and over.
Wow...uhhhh...I couldn't have said it better myself. I keep waiting for it to get out of my system. Sigh. Looks like I'm in good company.

I am a huge James Patterson/Jonathan Kellerman fan. I've been about the mysteries and blood and guts...I mean, it has vampires, which should mean blood and stuff, but I'm not reading the books to find out when somebody's head comes off. I'm in it for the ooey gooey sparkly vampire romance.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

My answer is a contradiction, but yes and no. I've always been a bookwork, and that hasn't changed. The Twilight Series kind of makes me less interested in some books though. Sometimes I'll just reread a book (or like, one of my favorite chapters) from the series instead of starting a new one. The one thing that Twilight has changed is my speed. The day Breaking Dawn came out, I finished the entire book. Now I don't have a problem with knocking out 200 pages of the books I have to read for school at the last minute. It's pretty sweet!
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier