Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Feathers »

Hi Nima!! I totally understand about that bothersome thing called life getting in the way! :p

Welcome, fanMNM! Welcome to the gutter, and the lexicon! :D

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Welcome fanNMN, I'll forgive your statement about the snow and the cold. ;) I would gladly trade places with you today.

We're headed into another two or three days of seriously cold weather before the next snowstorm hits on Tuesday or Wednesday. Like -30C. I forgot my scarf in my office on Friday! I need to find another one, lest my already chapped lips and nose fall off my face from the cold.

I'm feeling like a drama queen today.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Feathers good to see you again! Hope you are doing well and glad you are able to come back to visit the purple screen of heaven!

I know what you mean FanMNM, I'm in Cali and cold here is maaaaybe 32 degrees F (and that's the low). We are typically in the 40s to 50s for a high. Oleander - I'm sending you sunshine!

Vamplover Isaw that commercial too and started laughing! My hubby thought I was possessed until I explained it. Hubby and I can't stand how they insist on "yelling" at us. It's recorded...why are you yelling - it's called VOLUME CONTROL! Sheesh!

Nima glad you are doing well and the family too! Good news about LG - we'll still keep in prayers!

I take the weekend off of PSDs and questions - due to spending time with hubby. But...to get us to Monday where I'll post something tasty...uh, I mean, good, What do you spend most of your weekend doing? I spent mine baking. :twisted: Ha - not that kind! We had a church dinner today and I "owed" our choir director cinnamon rolls. So I spent Saturday making a NICE dinner for hubby, cinnamon rolls and tator-tot casserole.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

we had snow flurries today but nothing stuck. Thanks goodness. I love snow days but the wrath of the parents is often too much. Sorry I have not been around. I fell down, but I have picked myself up and dusted me off. Now I have to dust off my surroundings and I will be back in full force. I miss the gutter. I've discovered it's on of my favorite places to play!

oh and lookie me, I just hit a new rank. I don't like it. Hmpf!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Good Morning! Gooood Mooorning! (Singin' in the Rain, anyone? I <3 that movie.)

I like your new rank, Spooky. There's nothing wrong with being a newborn vampire. I say newborn because you aren't out there eating people. Unless you are like Lestat and only taking the "little drink" from bad people. In that case, have at it.

We have a 100% chance of a wintry mix tonight and all day tomorrow. 60% on Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed (and Oleander - your toes). Thanks!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

What did you spend most of your weekend doing?

I spent most of my weekend hunched over my laptop writing. Four hours Friday night, at least 6 on Saturday, and another 6 or 7 yesterday. I blinked and the weekend was gone.

I went to see a movie too...Revolutionary Road. Kate and Leo were fantastic in it, but I found the ending to be *meh*.
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my kids about the snow we're suppose to get tonight so they can go sledding tomorrow after school; so I'll keep them crossed for you too GNE.

Hi Feathers *waves*

Nice to see you peeked in Nima and I'm so glad to hear about LG.

Well, my oldest is taking a ballroom dancing class for his gym requirement and he came home on Friday and told us he has a date. His first. He was so funny because the first day of this class, he told me there were 28 girls to 3 guys. Yes! He said that, not me. Then on Friday, he told me he thought this girl liked him. When the teachers told the girls to pick who they wanted to dance with, she walked right up to him, so he asked her out and she said yes. i don't know who was more excited, me or him. :lol:

What did you spend most of your weekend doing?

Writing mostly. Inbetween I finished Nikos book and started Wrens. Took my mom out for our birthday dinner. Started my taxes and watched DVR'd stuff. Oh and I worked for 3 hours on Saturday.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Mine are crossed for you as well, Bewitched. have you been on the D-H thread yet? We're slowly covering the series. We're up to Valerius' book as far as discussion.

I don't think anyone has discussed Niko's book on the MB thread. My mind is occupied with those hunky dark-hunters.

Una: Have you began reading Singh's Angel's Blood? I've read 4 or 5 pages. So far, I really like it. Interesting new concept (for me anyway) to the vampire mythology. If you have started it, or like me, and are just peaking, did you mix your series. The lead character in Angel's Blood is named Elena Devereux. I'm thinking to myself "Which one is she? She sounds like Tabby." There are 8 Devereux sisters in the Dark-Hunter series. For fear of bad bad spoiling, I'm shutting up. One more thing: I think this will be another "must read" series though.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Bewitched, I took a dance class all 4 years of HS and there were just a few guys over those 4 years. They were pretty smart though being in a class with girls in leotard and tights. We didn't have ballroom dancing, but that sure sounds like fun for a gym credit. I would take that over basketball, running, weightlifting, etc. But that is just me. Let me dance and I am happy. :)

Welcome FanMNM!

Weekend...reading, tv, playdates, cleaning the house, some errands, church...really it doesn't sound that different from my every day (except church). Oh well. GM has had the weekends off the last few times so that has been nice. I like having a husband around on weekends and for dinner at night. I have 2 more weeks of him being around and then who knows. His schedule changes every month. I will be glad when this training is over and we have a little bit more of a stable schedule.

I posted this on 30 something also, but I am on my way to the YMCA for Zumba so I give myself inspiration with this
http://www.newfaces.com/supermodels/sup ... yson2.jpeg
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

GNE I haven't received my copy yet *pouts & stomps foot*. Hopefully it will arrive today. I have a couple of meetings in the south valley so I'll be out of the office - I hope it comes today! I have read the excerpt on Ms. Singh's site so I knew about the character name connection. I'm very excited for it!

I must pout further (please indulge/forgive me). I just check my library account - Upon the Midnight Clear and Dream-Hunter are there waiting for me. But Dark Side of the Moon, Devil may Cry, Dream-Chaser and Unleash the Night are "in Transit". Grrr.... :evil: I SO wanted to continue on the next one!

So in response, it's name that character! PSD1 PSD2 PSD3 See how cleverly I combined PSD and QOTD???? :twisted: :lol:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!