Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by DumBumm »

BaylorBear12 wrote:I don't think that it has been confirmed yet.^^^^ Also the article that I read quoted summit, that they have talked to her but there are other actresses that up for the position. So i don't think that they are desperate but rather keeping there options open. I Still do not want Dakota as Jane though.
Really, thanks!
I went on a number of sites and they said it was confirmed.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Hey everyone. Just read this article about Dakota Fanning and the role of Jane.
A summit rep says, "We are considering all actors that have the unique requirements for the look of Jane — Dakota being one of them"
So it seems she wasn't just "offered" the role. Summit is still looking for the perfect Jane. Hope everyone is happy with this news.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/dakota-f ... icle_13239
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

Yeah, I would say that Dakota Fanning would not be my choice for Jane (as if my opinion mattered). She's too A-List stuff and I've never really imagined she could play someone as deadly as Jane, although I think with dark hair she might look better...not so cutesie. But it's a real stretch for me to see here as a Volturi. Then again, I recall Rob Pattinson saying he had a lot of people that didn't want him in the role of Edward either, and I think he did a very creditable job.

And I don't like the adding of Big Names to a film just for the sake of trying to draw more box office money. How incredibly stupid! Myopic thinking, imho! Look at Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films. No huge name stars there (although lots of great actors with lots of experience...and some with little experience) and what incredible films they were! If you have a good story, good scriptwriting, and great production (including special fx, makeup etc), and a good director to pull it all together, you don't need the Stars to come out! In fact, in my opinion they can detract from the film, because all you see is THEM, not the character they portray.

That being said, I would love to see Ben Barnes as the Volturi Aro. He has the looks, the talent, and would make an awesome....uh, bloodsucker! And he isn't such a household name that people would say, 'oh, it's Dorian Gray" or "oh, it's Prince Caspian". And as much as I love Alan Rickman, he's way too...Alan Rickman....again because he is who he is. I love to see actors disappear into their roles. I know few can do that. Viggo Mortensen can do that. So can Gary Oldman and Edward Norton.

Well, whoever is cast in New Moon, I suppose we will hear soon. Let's hope Summit doesn't take the low road by going for who they think will have mass appeal as opposed to who will do the best job in the role.
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

Its quite funny, how there are other actresses besides Dakota who are in talks for the role, and yet all we know is that Dakota is going for the role... its like whoever found it out had to tell everybody that Dakota might be getting the role as Jane, as were they don't know the others who are going for the role, i think the reason for this is she's over known. (just a thought)
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

AliceFan wrote:Yeah, I would say that Dakota Fanning would not be my choice for Jane (as if my opinion mattered). She's too A-List stuff and I've never really imagined she could play someone as deadly as Jane, although I think with dark hair she might look better...not so cutesie. But it's a real stretch for me to see here as a Volturi. Then again, I recall Rob Pattinson saying he had a lot of people that didn't want him in the role of Edward either, and I think he did a very creditable job.

And I don't like the adding of Big Names to a film just for the sake of trying to draw more box office money. How incredibly stupid! Myopic thinking, imho! Look at Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films. No huge name stars there (although lots of great actors with lots of experience...and some with little experience) and what incredible films they were! If you have a good story, good scriptwriting, and great production (including special fx, makeup etc), and a good director to pull it all together, you don't need the Stars to come out! In fact, in my opinion they can detract from the film, because all you see is THEM, not the character they portray.

That being said, I would love to see Ben Barnes as the Volturi Aro. He has the looks, the talent, and would make an awesome....uh, bloodsucker! And he isn't such a household name that people would say, 'oh, it's Dorian Gray" or "oh, it's Prince Caspian". And as much as I love Alan Rickman, he's way too...Alan Rickman....again because he is who he is. I love to see actors disappear into their roles. I know few can do that. Viggo Mortensen can do that. So can Gary Oldman and Edward Norton.

Well, whoever is cast in New Moon, I suppose we will hear soon. Let's hope Summit doesn't take the low road by going for who they think will have mass appeal as opposed to who will do the best job in the role.
I'm not sure if I agree with you about Dakota. Your right when you say that she is too cutesie. But, I think (this is just my opinion) that it is too soon to take sides yet. I'll make my decision when I see more pictures and possible footage of her as Jane. But,I will say this, I can't see her playing someone as evil as Jane. Jane is cruel and selfish and she has this deadly power....I just really can't see her playing that role.
As for Ben Barnes...Yes, I think that he would make an awesome Aro. He was awesome as and in Prince Caspian as the good guy. Now, I would love to see him play someone like Aro, a whole different character and character personality. He would be awesome for the part.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
AliceFan wrote:Yeah, I would say that Dakota Fanning would not be my choice for Jane (as if my opinion mattered). She's too A-List stuff and I've never really imagined she could play someone as deadly as Jane, although I think with dark hair she might look better...not so cutesie. But it's a real stretch for me to see here as a Volturi. Then again, I recall Rob Pattinson saying he had a lot of people that didn't want him in the role of Edward either, and I think he did a very creditable job.

I'm not sure if I agree with you about Dakota. Your right when you say that she is too cutesie. But, I think (this is just my opinion) that it is too soon to take sides yet. I'll make my decision when I see more pictures and possible footage of her as Jane. But,I will say this, I can't see her playing someone as evil as Jane. Jane is cruel and selfish and she has this deadly power....I just really can't see her playing that role.
As for Ben Barnes...Yes, I think that he would make an awesome Aro. He was awesome as and in Prince Caspian as the good guy. Now, I would love to see him play someone like Aro, a whole different character and character personality. He would be awesome for the part.
I haven't heard anyone say that Dakota would be a good choice JUST because she would draw in more money. I said that it is an added benefit. It seemed to me that the naysayers needed a silver lining. Hardly stupid and myopic, but thanks for that... ;) It is just a movie!!

IMO, Dakota is perfect for the role. LOTR had a-listers in small roles!! If the entire Twilight franchise was done with no-namers, these movies would be lucky to be ran on Sci-Fi. It ended up working out for Twilight (thanks to the fans), but some of those trailers screamed that it was a TERRIBLE B-movie. All of the big movie franchises have big names in at least a few parts. I knew it would happen, and I was afraid of what direction the big names would come from. We still don't know for sure, but if the Dakota rumor is true, then we should be happy they are going with someone who has worked with a bazillion Oscar winners, and not someone from HSM. When I first saw the posters for Twilight back in the summer, I would have NEVER thought someone like Dakota would end up in these movies. I never though the thing would make it to theaters! She is not going to over shadow anyone, any more than Cate Blanchett overshadowed Elijah Wood in LOTR. And, Elijah Wood is no Rob Pattinson. :lol: :D If we are all freaking out over Jane, imagine how the rest of the cast is going to freak us out. Everyone "sees" the characters differently.
BeautifullyTragic
Settled in Forks

Post by BeautifullyTragic »

Liv Tyler and Elijah Wood weren't no names when they went in for LOTR. Yet it wasn't a success because of them, not entirely anyways.

I can see Dakota as Jane, but I imagined Jodelle Farland as her when I read the books. As for Aro... I don't see Ben Barnes playing him. I don't know.. Aro always seemed older to me.. and pasty and well not attractive. Ben Barnes is too hot.. maybe a role like Demetri or Felix. x_x;;

The Forbidden Fruit Always Tastes The Sweetest...
Vampire4eva

Post by Vampire4eva »

I kind of agree with RussetRose having too many A list celebrities can detract from the film making it become less believeable audience can't immerse themselves into the story.
Personally I think if Dakota was chosen I think she would be able to pull it off from what other roles she has played in the past. She does look cutesie but I think given the right costume and make-up she would look fantastic.
jacob fanboy
Settled in Forks

Post by jacob fanboy »

dazzled_101 wrote:I personaly think that Racheal Leigh Cook would be a PREFECT Jane :)

Heres a picture :

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/ ... cook_3.jpg
hmm i am not so sure, i mean she is older then me and i am 26, plus she is really cury isnt jane supposed to be a teenage stick girl ?
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Post by josierose »

Everyone keeps mentioning Dakota being too cutsie. I though it said something like Jane was really pretty but had a skinny guys body... Jane isn't meant to be ugly or plain.
I have no signature so I decided to credit my icon that I got from HERE.