Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by mikkib »

I'm not offended, but you obviously must not have any children. I think any mother would agree with what Lunna San said. Your love for your child is a different kind of love, but it is definitely not less than your love for your husband. Renesmee is her child with Edward. She sees Edward in Renesmee. She knows Edward loves Renesmee. All of these things contribute to how much she loves Renesmee. Of course she's known Edward for longer. He's her husband, and Renesmee is her child. What mother hasn't known her husband and parents and friends for longer than her child? That doesn't mean anything. A child is typically the most important thing in any mother's life. Remember when (I forget thevampire's name) a vampire was helping Bella practice extending her shield by shocking Edward. Bella didn't like that it was causing Edward pain, but she was OK with it. When that vampire wanted to use Renesmee because she knew protecting her child would give Bella more motivation, Bella was livid. I think that shows who Bella is more protective of at this point. If Bella ever had to choose between saving Renesmee and saving Edward, I think she would choose to save Renesmee, just as any parent would save their young child. If anyone was forced to choose in, say a car crash or a robbery, I'd have to say 99.9% of parents would save their child. I've known people who have lost their spouses and people who have lost a child. While both are devastating, losing a child is much more difficult.

edward4ever-

Good find. I think you must be right and Bella made her decisions based on Alice.
I agree if she decided to go off herself or curl up into a ball like NM because something happened to Edward, that would be selfish. But, she hadn't done that. She opted to fight. She opted to do what is right to defend everyone she loved. Yes, she was taking a risk, a big one, that she wouldn't make it but well, she was doing what she thinks is right. I am not saying I would make that choice myself but it's not a bad or selfish one. It's not selfish for a mother to be fighting in Iraq or be a cop trying to do what's right. Should all "good" mothers do the safest thing possible to never orphan their children? Yes, I am a mother, BTW, a coward for sure :D but I do respect the choices made by other women out there.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

edward4ever wrote:Okay, people! *laces fingers together, turns hands palms out, and cracks knuckles* :D

Something kept gnawing at the back of my mind when we were having the discussion about Bella choosing to die with Edward rather than run with Nessie.

It wasn't a choice she made. She was going by Alice's actions in leaving Bella the information about J. Jenks and getting new ID's. It's on pg 644. She's thinking to herself...

"If Edward and I were running with her, she wouldn't need these documents right away. I was sure IDs were something Edward knew how to get his hands on or make himself, and I was sure he knew ways to escape without them. We could run with her for thousands of miles. We could swim with her across an ocean.
If we were around to save her.
And all the secrecy to keep this out of Edward's head. Because there was a good chance that everything he knew, Aro would know. If we lost, Aro would certainly get the information he craved before he destroyed Edward.
It was as I suspected. We couldn't win. But we must have a good shot at killing Demetri before we lost, giving Renesmee the chance to run.

Somehow my post got mixed in with yours - edward4ever, sorry about that(See below this for my response)
Excellent find, edward4ever!! Bella & Edward would certainly make sure that Renesmee would survive no matter what. They planned to fight & hopefully win, but if not they were going to give their daughter & Jacob every chance possible to make out and survive. To me, that was responsible. I stand by that. :)

Jazz Girl, I concur with your response to Esme echo's question regarding Fire & Ice. He wanted that physical closeness that at this point was too dangerous.

Bella never bet against Alice and her intuitions, so of course, she would see the only course of action for her to take was to make sure Nessie was safe with someone.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
navarre

Post by navarre »

Sorry about this,but for some reason my post got mixed up with edward4ever's. Even that last line about betting against Alice is NOT mine, it's edward4ever's.

I am saying this just in case there might be a problem with posting and someone else has this problem.
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

roseaurora wrote:That little sarcastic remark didn't go over as well as the RV thing, lol.

Sorry... just wanted to lighten the mood... I was not being serious...at all. I'm totally aware there is a difference between the love for a child and that for a spouse...
Don't fret roseaurora...I got the joke! I cracked up laughing! :lol: The tension was high on thinking Bella's choice was wrong. So, I think some people must have skipped right over the part when you wrote

"This is totally just a joke....couldn't resist..."

And all those lauging smilies! C'mon people!!! :D CHILL!! :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Wow, my questions take you people places. :lol: So before we finish and devour this thread here's another Edward*drop dead swoon* question:

If Edward wasn't able to read minds, do you think he still end up with Bella? Ohhh...this is gonna be good.. 8-)
mikkib

Post by mikkib »

I think he would have found someone long before he hit 110.
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote: If Edward wasn't able to read minds, do you think he still end up with Bella?
Absolutely! Since fate and destiny don't give a rats patootie that he can read minds. That has nothing to do with it. It was always in the cards for Edward and Bella to be together. Even if she hadn't jumped off the cliff, he told her he was coming back to beg her to take him back before he heard she had died!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
ariadnee

Post by ariadnee »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:If Edward wasn't able to read minds, do you think he still end up with Bella? Ohhh...this is gonna be good..
Yes. I think it's a vampire thing to be very certain about your mate. I don't think Edward was really even looking before Bella. When he found her, that was it.

-Ariadnee
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, from Susan Kay's Phantom

I've written an Edward POV fanfic for New Moon: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

I agree with Ariadnee and Edward4ever. Edward and Bella were destined to be together.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
navarre

Post by navarre »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Wow, my questions take you people places. :lol: So before we finish and devour this thread here's another Edward*drop dead swoon* question:

If Edward wasn't able to read minds, do you think he still end up with Bella? Ohhh...this is gonna be good.. 8-)
Absolutely!! There were meant to be together - period!! This saga was always about Edward & Bella and their love. As a vampire, he found his perfect mate. I remember Alice saying something in hotel room in Twilight when she told Bella (paraphrasing here) "When Edward found you....." and "Do you think we want to look in his eyes for the next 100 years if he lost you...?"

IDK, that seals that for me.