Edward Cullen #3

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Great answers. I completly agree. Nobody and nothing messes with fate. They were meant to be together cool mind reading or no cool mind reading.
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

mikkib wrote:

I'm not offended, but you obviously must not have any children. I think any mother would agree with what Lunna San said. Your love for your child is a different kind of love, but it is definitely not less than your love for your husband. Renesmee is her child with Edward. She sees Edward in Renesmee. She knows Edward loves Renesmee. All of these things contribute to how much she loves Renesmee. Of course she's known Edward for longer. He's her husband, and Renesmee is her child. What mother hasn't known her husband and parents and friends for longer than her child? That doesn't mean anything. A child is typically the most important thing in any mother's life. Remember when (I forget thevampire's name) a vampire was helping Bella practice extending her shield by shocking Edward. Bella didn't like that it was causing Edward pain, but she was OK with it. When that vampire wanted to use Renesmee because she knew protecting her child would give Bella more motivation, Bella was livid. I think that shows who Bella is more protective of at this point. If Bella ever had to choose between saving Renesmee and saving Edward, I think she would choose to save Renesmee, just as any parent would save their young child. If anyone was forced to choose in, say a car crash or a robbery, I'd have to say 99.9% of parents would save their child. I've known people who have lost their spouses and people who have lost a child. While both are devastating, losing a child is much more difficult.

edward4ever-

Good find. I think you must be right and Bella made her decisions based on Alice.
I agree if she decided to go off herself or curl up into a ball like NM because something happened to Edward, that would be selfish. But, she hadn't done that. She opted to fight. She opted to do what is right to defend everyone she loved. Yes, she was taking a risk, a big one, that she wouldn't make it but well, she was doing what she thinks is right. I am not saying I would make that choice myself but it's not a bad or selfish one. It's not selfish for a mother to be fighting in Iraq or be a cop trying to do what's right. Should all "good" mothers do the safest thing possible to never orphan their children? Yes, I am a mother, BTW, a coward for sure :D but I do respect the choices made by other women out there.
No, I don't think that cops or soldiers are selfish. I think they are very selfless for risking their lives to protect others and I respect them and their choices. I hope I didn't offend any of these people. What I said was directed specifically to Bella in this mystical situation. I do think that parents should try to leave their child with at least one parent if at all possible. In this case, someone mentioned that Bella would not have been track-able by Demetri and would be able to protect Renesmee. The quote from BD that this person posted suggested that Bella wanted to die if Edward was going to die. I do think that quote makes Bella sound selfish and irresponsible. That quote makes is sound as though Bella would rather die and not have to suffer through living without Edward than be there for her daughter. Looking at the entire situation, I think it would be a very difficult situation to be put in, having to choose between fighting with your family who is fighting because of your daughter or staying with your daughter. After the entire discussion, though, I do not think Bella was basing her choice on believing Edward would die and not wanting to live without him, so I no longer think she was making a selfish choice. I think Bella was, as someone else said, doing what Alice meant for her to do because she believed Alice had seen both Bella and Edward dead. I don't think Bella was considering that there might be other options because she trusted Alice's visions.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Alright guys we're at 100 pages. Better catch a mod. We'll continue on Edward Cullen*swoon* #4! :D
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

I’ve been off this thread for about a week and missed so many excellent discussions! – Gutted!

Sorry if these are a little old now but just wanted to really quickly throw in my tu’ppense worth!

Edwards best points: Jazzgirl – I agree with you 100% - after she punches Jacob, how sweet and understanding he is and how everything is about her, amazing!
Worst: Same as everyone else: When he leaves in NM, morning after on Isle Esme and his reaction to the pregnancy.
Weaknesses: The way he seems to always put a negative on everything, can never allow himself to be happy. He’s always killing his own buzz (and then everyone elses along with it!)
Strenghts: The sheer amount of love he has to give. I know he doesn’t belive it of himself but his selflessness and caring and all round goodness comes out of just how loving he is. He’s also a truly honest judge of character. He also (on the whole) tries to see the best in people. Oh and hes honest “gentlemen-ness” He’s not trying to be a gentlemen – he is one, its how he was brought up. The lines about “protecting their virtue” – HOW sweet and wonderful (and uncorny) were they?

Physical attraction/lust: Completely agre with you SeniorGimp. Also as Edwards stated himself “I am still male” and various scenes such as when he sees her in the prom dress or in MS when he talks about her blue shirt. He is completely smitten with Lust – another credit to him. I don’t know how many blokes would be able to control those kind of emotions let alone hegitend ones by being a vampire!

Agree with almost everythin Eclipserox except this bit: “He was willing to sacrifice Bella in the fight if it meant saving Renesmee. He had never been willing to sacrifice Bella before. At this point, Renesmee was the person he loved most and would do anything to protect” – when was that said???

For me one of the most beautiful scenes is when Edward hears Renesmes thoughts. Even though it’s subtly written you can practically hear Edward glowing with pride and excitement!

Jazzgirl – again you amaze with your answers! “But, more importantly, Renesmee preferred to communicate silently, rather than speaking. I know that she could not read others thoughts as Edward could. But, I always imagined that, in that moment when Edward kisses her forehead and cheeks, she is telling him fervently how much she loves him. And, he is telling her in a different way, a quieter yet so much more powerful way.”

I also feel a bit disconnected from Edward in book 3 of BD. Its like he blends into the background almost....book 3 from Edward POV would help reconcile that I think! :)

"If Edward and I were running with her, she wouldn't need these documents right away. I was sure IDs were something Edward knew how to get his hands on or make himself, and I was sure he knew ways to escape without them. We could run with her for thousands of miles. We could swim with her across an ocean.
If we were around to save her.
And all the secrecy to keep this out of Edward's head. Because there was a good chance that everything he knew, Aro would know. If we lost, Aro would certainly get the information he craved before he destroyed Edward.
It was as I suspected. We couldn't win. But we must have a good shot at killing Demetri before we lost, giving Renesmee the chance to run."

Bella knew she was needed – to use her shield to give they a chance to kill Demetri. Without her they probably wouldn’t have stood a chance – Bella knew she couldn’t run with Renesme, that’s why she had to see Jenks and why she trusted Jacob. Of course Alice knew all of this which is why she left clues for Bella!

Sorry for the mamoth post. Onto the most recent question...

I think their realationship may have developed slightly differnently. He was so interested in Bella because he couldnt read her. But fate is fate is fate - you cant screw with it. If two people are meant to be together then they will no matter what. The story just would have played out very differnently!

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

edward4ever wrote:
roseaurora wrote:That little sarcastic remark didn't go over as well as the RV thing, lol.

Sorry... just wanted to lighten the mood... I was not being serious...at all. I'm totally aware there is a difference between the love for a child and that for a spouse...
Don't fret roseaurora...I got the joke! I cracked up laughing! :lol: The tension was high on thinking Bella's choice was wrong. So, I think some people must have skipped right over the part when you wrote

"This is totally just a joke....couldn't resist..."

And all those lauging smilies! C'mon people!!! :D CHILL!! :lol:
Sorry I didn't get the joke. It was too early in the morning and I was hirring to go out. My apologies.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

The story that BuffyGrl3 and I wrote is finished and posted on fanfiction.net.
here's the link if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4820154/1/The_Delajio
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
roseaurora

Post by roseaurora »

Lunna-san wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
roseaurora wrote:That little sarcastic remark didn't go over as well as the RV thing, lol.

Sorry... just wanted to lighten the mood... I was not being serious...at all. I'm totally aware there is a difference between the love for a child and that for a spouse...
Don't fret roseaurora...I got the joke! I cracked up laughing! :lol: The tension was high on thinking Bella's choice was wrong. So, I think some people must have skipped right over the part when you wrote

"This is totally just a joke....couldn't resist..."

And all those lauging smilies! C'mon people!!! :D CHILL!! :lol:
Sorry I didn't get the joke. It was too early in the morning and I was hirring to go out. My apologies.
No worries... my attempt to lighten the mood in here failed... am definitely no Jasper :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!

Everyone stop posting I contacted like 5 mods( :lol: ) And pretty soon we'll have Edward Cullen #4. See you there. NO MORE POSTING!!!!!!!!

Edit: JUst look at my avvie. Do what Edward says. He approves. :lol: :lol:
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

I don't get what the major catastrophic consequences are if we go over 100 pages while we're waiting for a Mod to start a new thread? It happens on the Rob Pattinson Thread quite a lot! I know they like to keep them at 100 pages but really...is the world going to implode or something if we go over???? :?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Everyone stop posting I contacted like 5 mods( :lol: ) And pretty soon we'll have Edward Cullen #4. See you there. NO MORE POSTING!!!!!!!!

Edit: JUst look at my avvie. Do what Edward says. He approves. :lol: :lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I've waited patiently and avoided posting in here, but I'm starting to get anxious..
Where's the new thread at??? I figured this one would be locked and the new one started hours ago...
Guess I shall just have to continue to be patient...
But it's so hard!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp