Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by nissanmama »

Ok! Time for a Question of the Day!
What is your relationship with snow? Are you a Lorelai Gilmore? Are you Santa Claus? Snowbird who leaves when the snow flies? Conned into eating yellow snow?

We are swimming in snow. What a mess. I'm happily cacooned at home with a kitchen full of groceries and lots of books to read. If I'm feeling productive at some point, I might work on some paperwork and filing that I've been putting off for months.

By way of PSD: Here's an idea for Talon.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Ok, so I've neglected the Lex over the past 5 days...slap me! *sigh*

What do I spend my weekends doing? It varies. We usually go to visit either of our parents, go grocery shopping, or just lay around the house. This past weeked we went to my brother's house to have birthday cake for my dad.

What is my relationship with snow???? LOL, that's a good one!!! I live in East Texas, and we don't get much at all. I don't remember the last "good snow" we got. It snowed twice last winter, but no accumulations that stuck. I'd love to get some1!! When it does snow, I like to go outside and just watch it fall; it's so peaceful.

WELCOME, fanMNM!!!!

I am a few chapters into Z's book of the BDB. My friend M called me yesterday to tell me that she read Rhage's book in ONE afternoon!!! She went out and bought Butch's book on her lunchbreak; I have her Z's. We were talking about how boring the Lessers' part is. I was at my mom's house for this. After the phone call, my mom asked what we were reading. I hesitated to tell her... "uuuuuuh, vampire romance." For crying out loud, I'm 33, been married for 10 years, can read whatever I want, but just felt like she'd judge me. Anyway, then she asked what the name was. When I told her BDB, she about choked on her chicken salad sandwich! My first thought was that some of the younger nurses at work talk about this and then mom would know how smutty the books are. I asked her why she was laughing. She said, "that name is corny." Oh well!!!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Hey Nima, glad to see you back.

Spooky you cracked me up with your comment about PSD 2. I thought the same thing when I first opened it. It's what I always say when I see these kids running around like that but mind dropped to the gutter rather quickly after my initial shock.

QOTD: I think most people already know. If I could leave this state and move further north, I'd be in happyland. We always seem to get passed over for snow. We got down graded last night so we only got a half an inch. Boo. :cry: I seem to recall SITT offering to send me some not too long ago. The kiddos and I are going to attenpt to go sledding this afternoon anyway. I think we have about 4 inches on the ground. Sadly, it's going to warm up and will probably be all gone by Thursday afternoon.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

In answer to the QOTD, I don't mind snow, and would love to have lots of it but this round I've gotten more ice and sleet than anything else. What isn't fair is that my sister got five inches, and she's an hour and a half a way.. I'm hoping that before this system moves out we will get enough snow and or ice to keep me away from work tomorrow, that would be nice.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I love snow. Being in the valley we don't get it. However, I've been in the mountains at my parent's cabin and been in snow. One time we got 12" and it was heavenly. I loved it, playing in, walking in it, even working in it. I'm sure it would be different if I lived in it, but vacationing it in was fantastic. It's so beautiful. When were were up for Christmas Dinner at Jeff's parents (who live in the mountains just 40 minutes north of us) it started snowing. They laugh because every time we are up there when it snows, I go outside and enjoy. I'm such a sap!

Nima, thanks for returning to QOTD and PSD duty! We have sorely missed you and tried to fill in your shoes. I love your pick for Talon - he's eyes are mesmerizing! Is it Kyrian who's blond or is Talon blond too? For some reason I think all of them are blond except Zarek, Ash (because of his powers), Vane and Fang.

I found this possible Ash. Vicious anyone? How about Tohr?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Those eyes are incredible in that PSD Nissanmama. Wow.

We got enough snow last night (and it is still sort of sleeting) that the kids are off school today. I am hoping to feel productive at some point. It is now noon and I have done some work on my family blog and that is about it. Kids are playing and busy and here I sit at the computer. This is the most snow we have gotten since we have lived here so I will take them outside at some point to "play" in the snow. I think we will last about 10 minutes since we don't own any snow clothes, only hats and gloves.

I like looking at snow. I think it is pretty. Let me stay inside in the warmth of my home with hot cocoa and it is great. Don't make me drive in it or play in it, I just get cold.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm afraid I haven't spent enough time in the snow to know what kind of a relationship I have with it :( Right now I'd have to say I long for it...but everyone I know who lives in areas that get snow tell me I wouldn't quickly get sick of it. I've been in snow a couple of times, but only really for short periods...even my one skiing trip was so warm they had to use man made snow!! lol

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Snow... I have a love-hate relationship. I used to love it - I was skier, loved sledding, playing it, etc. Even when I was living where we didn't get snow very often, I would still ski when I could. Now I am not a big fan. Of course, this winter we have had snow storm after storm. We are supposed to get 8-14" tomorrow. I shovel. I don't ski anymore, but hope to soon. It's so cold here, and I HATE cold weather. If it would snow and stay "calm" around 32* I'd like it more.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

nissanmama wrote:Ok! Time for a Question of the Day!
What is your relationship with snow? Are you a Lorelai Gilmore? Are you Santa Claus? Snowbird who leaves when the snow flies? Conned into eating yellow snow?
I am a southern gal. So I say Just say to No to Snow. I fear the snow. Sure it's pretty to look at but if it gets below 60 degrees I am getting the electric blanket out and hibernating until spring. :P :P :P
Last edited by olpatlanta on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Snow - Let's just say I hate it.

Here in MD we get snow but normally it's a mix of ice, rain and snow. I can't remember a really good snow storm. I use to go to college where it snowed all the time (why I went there don't know) but I'm not fond of snow.

I don't ski, can't stand cold weather so basically right now I'm pretty miserable.

If I don't have to drive or be outside when there is snow then it's perfectly fine and as a kid I loved playing in it but now it's just a hassle and very annoying.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!