Analyzing the XY thread - for XX only

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Anyalysing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by -Jasper »

We now have a thread to discuss a thread?
I'm guilty of reading the XY thread ... It's interesting and it makes me laugh :lol:

Why do you ladies think that they tend to like Alice the best?
I think it's because we actually find out more about Alice than some other characters, so there is something to base an opinion on. Alice is desribed as quirky, funny, cute and pixie-like, and she is generally likable. There aren't any bad qualities to her that I can think of, and she isn't just a pretty face. Basically, I think there is nothing not to like about Alice.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Why do you ladies think that they tend to like Alice the best?

I am sure that what I am going to say may be a repeat but oh well. I think guys might tend to like Alice more because she makes this awesome first impression and then when you get to know her, you realize that she has substance. Unlike Rosalie, Alice genuinely cares about the people around her. She loves having fun even if it isn't centered around her. Alice is who she is. She doesn't really put on much of a show, other than acting human, but like her personality doesn't change while they are in public compared to when she is at home. She can see the future which is just totally awesome! And we know she can truly, genuinely, and passionately love. Who doesn't want that!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

jlbower79 wrote:Also, how does one take a quote from the XY thread and bring it over to this thread to comment on?
One would simply copy the post from XY (including their name), go to the XX thread, click "post reply" and paste their comment. Easy-Peasy :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

edward4ever wrote:
jlbower79 wrote:Also, how does one take a quote from the XY thread and bring it over to this thread to comment on?
One would simply copy the post from XY (including their name), go to the XX thread, click "post reply" and paste their comment. Easy-Peasy :D
But then she'd have to do the codes for quoting herself, and she says she's not good at the techie stuff.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
But then she'd have to do the codes for quoting herself, and she says she's not good at the techie stuff.
I suppose you're right but I think we should mention that it came from the XY thread because a lot of the names are generic so it would be hard to tell with some of them that the quote came from their thread. *shrugs*
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

navarre wrote:Also, how does one take a quote from the XY thread and bring it over to this thread to comment on?
You could either just copy and paste the text and then put a name next to it, or you could use the 'quote' button, which is quite easy to use. If you need help, pm me.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

Ok I have another question for you ladies :)

So the guys have gone thorugh a number of topics in rapid pace but one struck me as....interesing? They were dicussing their favourite kinds of icecream and how that relates to the type of women they like. So:

What kind of ice cream flavour would you be and why? -OR- What is your favourite icecream flavour and how does that reflect your taste in guys?

OH! and to make this pertain to Twilight we could also ask what kind of flavour Edward would be and what kind of flavour for Jacob? (And all the other hunks in Twilgiht :D )

My boyfriend said I would be strawberry if I were an icecream flavour. (He's also confused as to what we actually talk about on these threads :lol:) He didn't say why strawberry though...maybe cause I'm sweet?

I think Edward would be Vanilla....so pure!! Jacob maybe Rocky Road...a little bit of everything altogether. When all's said and done though, I still prefer Vanilla! (it actually is my favourite flavour!! :P )
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

edward4ever wrote:
actually if you like read my post you had saw that's not what i was asking.... i was just saying the it's a bit not the point of this thread to go copying and pasting everything the guys say.

woot woot to cookie and cream ice cream!

Jaime
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

jlbower79 wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
actually if you like read my post you had saw that's not what i was asking.... i was just saying the it's a bit not the point of this thread to go copying and pasting everything the guys say.
Jaime
Actually, if you like read the mod's post below from the beginning of this thread, it's exactly like copying and pasting (or at least summarizing) what the guys say. :D
Alphie wrote:One of the guys in the XY thread suggested this thread for us girls, and I think it's a great idea. So here is how this will work. Ladies - those of you reading the XY thread - and I KNOW there are lots of you - you must pick a comment from the XY thread to discuss. Copy it or summarize it and credit the author so we can all find it and then we get to discuss it without bothering the guys. But the comment MUST come from the guys thread. I don't want this thread turning into a free for all. If it does, we will shut this down. This can only be used to discuss what is going on over there in the guys thread.

A few addendums... I think this goes without saying, but guys, you can't post in here.

And please no short posts celebrating the fact that the ladies have their own thread.
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

omg i also think Edward would be vanilla... with the tiny black bean specks! That expensive vanilla bean favor! :D

Jacob... Rocky road.
Emmett... Bear Tracks of course!
Alice... I have to say sweet strawberry (though i hate that ice cream)
Rosalie... black cherry (ewy)
Esme... butter pecan
Carlisle... mint chocolate chip
Jasper... vanilla chocolate swirl
Charlie... chocolate
Bella... cookies and cream

ok so that was a bit off topic of the question... sorry, I was bored. And I LOVE ice cream.

Jaime

OH and I would like to thank DYLAN for eating ice cream and sharing his ice cream question, even if my answer is off a bit.
Last edited by jlbower79 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*