What is your best (or favorite) memory?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

My favorite memory is when my baby cousin was born. It was almost a year ago and I went up to go and see his mother (my first cousin) in the hospital. The nurse brought my baby cousin back into the room, ( cannot remember why the took him) and I was asked if I wanted to hold him. I said yes, but I was a little nervous. (he was soooo tiny!!) Once in my arms, his eyes opened (small and still dark. His eyes are now blue!) and I placed my finger into his hand. He grasped it and would not let go. Gently removing my finger from his tiny hand, I brought him closer to me and her turned and nuzzled the place were my heart was, and he listened to it.

Yeah... It seems pathetic, but I love children!!
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: What is your best (or favorite) memory?

Post by Crooked_Rose »

My favorite memory was coming home after being hospitalized for my back surgery.
For me, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders, and I loved the feeling of knowing I had defied my scoliosis.

Oh, and if you are going for a happy one, I loved it when I made a region choir on a whim, making it into the honor's choir.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

my best memory was when i was at a concert, my first, with all my friends. the music is listen to is addicting then i had and after party to go to, the next morning i was treated to breakfast. life's awesome
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

when i bought my horse, and then 3 years later..brought him back to life(nearly literal), and jumped him 4 feet, an lived to tell about it.

-dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Okay, you can't take this the wrong way.

My favorite memory is probably making my ex-boyfriend cry. I know that sounds mean which is why I am going to explain now.
First of all, he was still my boyfriend at the time. He was going away to college next year (this year) and we were talking about the future and whatever. He started singing "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. So we ending up singing together and whatever, and it was really sad. The words were appropriate, heh.
So I'd been crying already, lol. Then, he started crying, too! I don't think I've ever felt closer to someone than I did in that moment.
Sigh.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Chrisyina
Settled in Forks

Post by Chrisyina »

One of my favorite memories is when I was five years old and visiting my mothers family in Louisiana.

My grandmother's house was near a forest on one side and one the other side there was a garden with roses, pansy's, marigolds, etc.

Toward twilight you could see butterflies and fireflies. The sky was a really beautiful variety of colors, purple, blue, pink, orange, yellow. My memory is chasing the butterflies and fireflies and running through the garden under such a sunset.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

My favorite memory is when me and my best friend were riding her four-wheeler through the forest. We stopped and I got off at this one place to take a picture. Then this conversation takes place:

friend: Get on
Me: why?
friend: Caleigh, get on the four-wheeler
me: but, why?
friend: just get on!
me: No. Why?
friend: just listen to me and get on the four-wheeler right now!
me: tell me why

Then i look over and theres this red jeep driving through the forest, coming towards us! We obviously didn't know who it was, so we both freaked. I screamed and jumped onto the fourwheeler screaming "Go, Go, Go!". She sped through the forest and we were screaming and the guy in the jeep was following us. But then we lost him. We got back to her house and we started laughing so hard. We still crack up about it to this day.
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

I think my best memory was the day I adopted my dog from the pound. He is a pitbull, and everybody knows about their reputations, well the first time I saw him was when my brother took me to the pound to look at him so I could help convince my mom to let us get him, well I completely fell in love and started playing with Gus (my dog) when my mom walked in and saw this huge, fierce looking dog licking my face, she started screaming, "GET THAT THING OFF MY BABY!" I held onto him with all my strenght and refused to leave, just like my brother, my mom kept demanding that I leave with her, but I wouldn't go, so she left me and my brother and I was crying my eyes out, after about and hour the people at the pound took Gus and locked him back in his cage and told my brother and me that we had to leave. So we did and then every day for a week after that my brother drove me down to the pound, and even though the pound people wouldn't let us take him out we would still stand there and talk to him through the glass.

Eventually we managed to convince my mom that he was safe and she followed my brother and myself to the pound to adopt him, what really sticks out in my mind about that day is sitting on the floor next to Gus, while my mom signed the papers for him, all the while Gus was licking my face and waging his tale, I was laughing and at least 3 people thought that he was such a great dog, they wanted to adopt him, too. I felt so proud that he was mine. That was back when I was 8, so 7 years ago.

Wow, that's a lot.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

one of my favorite memories would have to be just the other day when i went to see sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. my mom and i started crying, and we just kept going. we went to the car, (we went to the latest showing, so hardly anyone was in the parking lot) and just kept bawling our eyes out. we just sat there and hugged eachother for what seemed like hours. we finally decided that we needed to go home, and when we got there, my dad and my brother were at the store, so we kept crying. i cried more than i have ever cried before, and it just felt so good. i haven't had that kind of good cry in so long, so it was nice.

another memory that i probably won't forget for some time, is one that happened tonight. my dad, brother, and i all sat together while we had the biggest storm i have seen in a very long time, and watched the movie elizabethtown. for those of you who haven't seen it, its one of those movies that just makes you want to go out and dance around like nobody's watching. my brother and i went outside in the pouring rain and just danced. i tasted so much rain, and ran up and down the street with my pajamas on. my clothes are now soaking wet, but i haven't felt this good in forever. its like rain washes all your worries away. :)
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

My favourite memory was when me and almost everything in grade 6 went camping for 3 days. It wasn't really camping because we lived in a cabin and we got electricity, but whatever. It was soooooooooooo much fun because everything was so simply and all the drama was left at school. Everyone was nice to each other and very chilled out.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3