Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

*Lamb*I*Am* wrote:I'm holding out hope that he will do the "right" thing & keep with the emotion of the book & not cave to "what will sell"....
I'm slightly worried, that the movie will skip the most painfull parts for Bella (no edward) and jump to the "action" of the Volturi. Missing too much....

I hope I'm wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rob, and think they can work him into the film (show him talking when Bella does irresponsible things for example), without going too far off track.

New Moon was my least liked book of the Saga....but I am dying for the movie & just hope that it doesn't get butchered, for the sake of pleasing all the Edward Hungry Fans.
I know alot of things need to be missed out due to time restraints (not that I'd care if it went for 5 hours LOL), but the key emotions & moments need to be shown.

GO CHRIS! PROVE YOU WERE THE RIGHT CHOICE!(And not a just a tool for the money hungry "machine").
I'm completely Team Edward but I don't think he should be in the movie more than he was in the book. As someone else said, I think even doing more than just a voice would be a mistake. Having Edward there ruins the whole point of New Moon. They should stick to the book.

If their reason for keeping Edward in the movie more is 'to make the most money' they seriously underestimate the number of Twilight fans out there. The real ones. The ones who fell in love with the books. They would probably do the best if they were truer to the book fans rather than the ones who were solely in it for the movies. I would happily sit through a five hour version of any of the Twilight movies and I know I'm not the only one. If they did it right, Twilight fans would watch it more than once. Ruining our beloved books will only result in VERY ticked off Twi-hards. Do they know mobs are already forming for just such an occasion? They really don't want to upset the fans....Here's hoping they do it right. *crosses fingers and ends rant*
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

*Lamb*I*Am* wrote:I missed that they didn't show the depth of Bella & Edwards' relationship in Twilight. Not enough about his struggle to be with her...
Hoping that the change of director, will change that in NM. That they really get the emotional ride of things right.
Me too!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

I definitely thought that they rushed the whole falling in love part of the film so that people who didn't read the book would be really confused as to why they felt so intensely for each other suddenly. I'm hoping Weitz slows that down for NM allowing for the emotional scenes to really involve the audience!
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Chris Weitz wants DAKOTA FANNING to play JANE. Wtf! XD

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/80655-
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
navarre

Post by navarre »

ShinyNewVolvoOwner wrote:I definitely thought that they rushed the whole falling in love part of the film so that people who didn't read the book would be really confused as to why they felt so intensely for each other suddenly. I'm hoping Weitz slows that down for NM allowing for the emotional scenes to really involve the audience!
I agree. When we left the theater, there were a few that looked really confused about what the big deal was and were was this so-called love that was supposed to exist between Edward & Bella.

I just left pissed off!!! :x :x :evil:

Weitz will have his work cut out for him. I think he is going to need to 'repair' the damage done by Hardwicke & Rosenberg and stupid interpretations of the books that I feel they did NOT really read but skimmed over. :x
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

Black wrote:Chris Weitz wants DAKOTA FANNING to play JANE. Wtf! XD

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/80655-
Ugh. I hope she doesn't get it. As talented as she is, I don't want big names in the Twilight films. :(
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

navarre wrote:
ShinyNewVolvoOwner wrote:I definitely thought that they rushed the whole falling in love part of the film so that people who didn't read the book would be really confused as to why they felt so intensely for each other suddenly. I'm hoping Weitz slows that down for NM allowing for the emotional scenes to really involve the audience!
I agree. When we left the theater, there were a few that looked really confused about what the big deal was and were was this so-called love that was supposed to exist between Edward & Bella.

Weitz will have his work cut out for him. I think he is going to need to 'repair' the damage done by Hardwicke & Rosenberg and stupid interpretations of the books that I feel they did NOT really read but skimmed over. :x
It would be nice if at some point CW addressed some of the fandom's concerns-like showing how much E & B love each other and the connection they have.
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
navarre wrote:

It would be nice if at some point CW addressed some of the fandom's concerns-like showing how much E & B love each other and the connection they have.
i feel the exact same i left the cinema annoyed and left down
i fell bad for chris and all the extra work he HAS (I WONT LET HIM NOT) put into the film to make the love between bella and edward more prominant.
i felt that twilight the book was a love story that happened to contain vampires whereas the film was a vampire film that happened to contain bella and edward.

i liked 'the golden compass' but it was NOTHING like the book and i really hope he doesn't do the same for new moon
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

navarre wrote:

:lol: I love how your smileys progress from angry to devil angry!! Watch out CW!! :twisted:

Imagine how much worse it would be for NM if they don't get it right AGAIN. People will be confused as hell about Bella's reaction to Edwards leaving....I would be too if I didn't understand their relationship. Despite the confidence I have in CW's talents as a director I'm a little worried that the damage won't be repaired, as you say. Especially since SM saw nothing horribly wrong with the first movie....plus they have the same screenwriter...

All my confidence is dissipating fast :(
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
navarre

Post by navarre »

ShinyNewVolvoOwner wrote:
navarre wrote:

:lol: I love how your smileys progress from angry to devil angry!! Watch out CW!! :twisted:

Imagine how much worse it would be for NM if they don't get it right AGAIN. People will be confused as hell about Bella's reaction to Edwards leaving....I would be too if I didn't understand their relationship. Despite the confidence I have in CW's talents as a director I'm a little worried that the damage won't be repaired, as you say. Especially since SM saw nothing horribly wrong with the first movie....plus they have the same screenwriter...

All my confidence is dissipating fast :(
I know. This could be a pins & needles jaunt. We will just have to wait & see. Arghhh!!!