The Midnight Breed Book Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Midnight Breed Book Series

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I will be out all day tomorrow too. Can we move the date to Wednesday instead?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

una wrote:This is NOT a double post.

Tomorrow we may be able to discuss Niko's book. I have less than sixty pages to finish and it's just SO great!!! Curses, I'll be out of the office at a meeting, but I wanted to pop in and verify if we'll be discussing it tomorrow??
Has everyone had a chance to pick it up, let alone read it, besides GNE and myself?
I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to, una, but last night I finally picked it up at 9 pm and finished it before midnight. Looking forward to discussing it with the group.
My friend at work was reading it and had 60 pages to go. She just shook her head when I said I finished (she started way before me) and she was reading during lunch to finish it up.
I just bought Dead After Dark too, for when I'm done Ash (must ... do ... work ... first)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I'll be honest, Nikko's isn't a priority read. *ducks from slaps of bacon* I'm too caught up in the DH world. I think I will wait to finish up the current DH books and then read Nikko. I've heard great things from others who have read it. Just give me a heads up when you guys start discussing and I'll be sure to avoid this thread. Looks like I won't get to the "Dead after Dark" anthology for a while until I'm further down the line of warriors. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Are you sure CG? We'd hate to leave you out?!? Luckily for me I've had time between my DH's to keep up on the "other" reading. Niko's book was really good. I have seven books from the library. Hopefully I can get through them quickly (although a couple are anthologies with DH short stories in them). :twisted:

So what is the verdict on the discussion of Niko?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I guess we can start anytime. Bring it on!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:Are you sure CG? We'd hate to leave you out?!?
I'm sure Una. As much as I'm interested in Nikko and the Breed, I really need to get through the DH books. I hate asking GNE and LadyDi questions when they know the answer! Thanks ladies for being so vague and biting your tongue. My library has most of the DH books. They're missing Stryker's. So, I thought I could order Nikko's book, "Dead after Dark", and Stryker's book at the same time.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

So are we going to discuss Niko?

What did you guys think of Renata as a heroin?

Niko's power was surprising, what do you guys think of it? He finds it completely worthless, is it really?

What do you make of the "Hunter"?

With the after affects that Mira suffers, will the Warriors use her talents?

Do you think Renata will use her ability in the field with the Warriors?

These are just to get us started discussing...if you have other points you wish to discuss, please feel free!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
LadyDi

Post by LadyDi »

una wrote:So are we going to discuss Niko?
What did you guys think of Renata as a heroin?
Niko's power was surprising, what do you guys think of it? He finds it completely worthless, is it really?
What do you make of the "Hunter"?
With the after affects that Mira suffers, will the Warriors use her talents?
Do you think Renata will use her ability in the field with the Warriors?
These are just to get us started discussing...if you have other points you wish to discuss, please feel free!
Great discussion Qs, una!
Niko's power - yes, quite surprising. For some reason, I didn't think too much about the Breed having their individual super-power, although I should have, with Dante's predicting the future power (is IT Dante, right?) Our wonderful German Andreas has a mighty power, doesn't he? I would have thought that power would have been more suited to a warrior than to a mover and shaker like Andreas. (His poor paramour!) I did wonder how useful that particular power would be in battle, as it seems to take a while to manifest. In his book, he uses it to cover the bodies of the unburied victims, and make a little "love nest" for him and for Renata. What else could be done? It feels a little like Aquaman - great power, but unless you are in the environment where that can help, you're up a creek.
The Hunter is going to be a great, mysterious addition to the team. I love the opposite feel to it - this 7ft + tall naked giant with this petite little girl covered up. I'm glad she no longer has to wear the big veil (no offence to anyone who wears a veil in real life).
I found it interesting having it set in Montreal. It definitely didn't feel like the city I know. Comments?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

I wasn't sure if I would be able to just jump in and remember anything about these books since it's been so long since I've read them but that wasn't the case this time. Having it set alone in Montreal without the rest of the Order made it almost a stand alone book. She did alot of back explaination through out the story.

I don't know if I like Renata or not. I don't know exactly what it was about her but I just couldn't get into her. I think I've been spoiled by the DH girls. I don't think she's just going to sit home and bake (not the gutter kind) whle Nikko goes out and plays hardball. She seem the type to get in the mud and toss it around so to speak. that being said, is Nikko going to allow it. He would be losing his focus all the time just trying to protect her.

As far as Mira's powers go, i don't think she'll use them very much if at all anymore now that she's got the contact lenses. I thought it was interesting that she was so desperate to save the Hunter. Did I miss something there? Like he's destined to be her protector or something. I'm waiting to see how many of the other Hunters he's going to be able to convince to jump sides in this war.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Aha! I knew there was a thread for this amazing series somewhere!

I just finished Taken by Midnight. Really enjoyed it. I actually finally started the series in August. I've had the books for over a year and tried to start them once, but became way too busy with school. But I am in love! This series has worked it's way into my heart.