Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Renesmee

Post by Amethyst1 »

i hope so. I have a feeling i am going to be team: Nahuel. Can I just say that his attitude and the slight dose of arrogance was (unsurprisingly) attractive to me?

and not to mention, the accent. . . they are a weakness of mine (well particularly british) but he's SOUTH AMERICAN! enough said.... south american, I repeat. s.o.u.t.h a.m.e.r.i.c.a.n - i am not really obsessed but i love exotic.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

malaz wrote:i hope so. I have a feeling i am going to be team: Nahuel. Can I just say that his attitude and the slight dose of arrogance was (unsurprisingly) attractive to me?

and not to mention, the accent. . . they are a weakness of mine (well particularly british) but he's SOUTH AMERICAN! enough said.... south american, I repeat. s.o.u.t.h a.m.e.r.i.c.a.n - i am not really obsessed but i love exotic.
:lol:

I am partial to a Scottish accent myself. Gerard Butler anyone? Yow!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I myself am a sucker for an Australian accent
Those australian boys, let me tell you. :lol:
jk
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

good point.

Navarre, we must add Heath Ledger to the list in all his Aussie glory. Too bad he's passed away though, still. Our lovely Joker.
A good chuck of my favorite hollywood hunks are all accented (ralph fiennes, james mcavoy, daniel craig, kevin flamme (model), gaspard ulliel, henry cavil. . .)

LOL - look where the mention of "accents" has taken us...

hmm, new renesmee topic perhaps?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Question TIME! :D

Do you think Bella would be ok if Renesmee fell in love with a human? Would Edward approve?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Okay, before I respond, I am going to shake my finger at all of you discussers of the accented wonders for not mentioning the most obvious one...Rob Pattinson. :D I could listen to that man speak beyond forever, no matter the accent he uses. <Sigh!!>
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Question TIME! :D

Do you think Bella would be ok if Renesmee fell in love with a human? Would Edward approve?
I know it will sound strange, but I think that Bella would have a harder time with Renesmee falling in love with a human than Edward would. Despite Bella's chagrin at Jacob's imprinting on Renesmee, I think she truly sees it as the perfect solution to their strange relationship. In BD, Bella refers to their new relationship dynamic as, "perfect balance," noting the irony that, "the puzzle pieces would fit together just in time for all of them to be destroyed." (p 674) Well, of course, they weren't destroyed. But, the perfect resolution remains. I think Bella wouldn't take to Nessie's falling in love with anyone other than Jake too well, human or otherwise.
Edward, on the other hand, I think will be very similar to Carlisle in his attitudes towards his daughter and her happiness. He will support her unconditionally, whomever her choice may be. We can't be sure that Nessie wouldn't struggle with the choice of a human partner. So, think of the resource he could be to her.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

No. Only because she would out-live the guy, she would have a hard time explaining her 'diet', since she prefers blood. Being in a human relationship would prove dangerous. Anonymity is of upmost importance.

Edward...well that his his daughter - his baby girl. I do not think he would be too cool with the idea.

Besides, Ness belongs in the supernatural world, not the human world, so to speak.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

navarre wrote:

No. Only because she would out-live the guy, she would have a hard time explaining her 'diet', since she prefers blood. Being in a human relationship would prove dangerous. Anonymity is of upmost importance.

Edward...well that his his daughter - his baby girl. I do not think he would be too cool with the idea.

Besides, Ness belongs in the supernatural world, not the human world, so to speak.
Hmmmmm.... Okay, for argument's sake, let's say Renesmee does fall in love with a human. Said human figures out about the secret, supernatural world and, just like Bella before him, is intrigued and belongs. Would Edward turn his daughter's love, if it was her true love?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

I don't think it would be a good idea for Renesmee to fall for a human. Then, it might not have been the best idea for Edward to fall in love with a human either, but that worked out just fine... sorta.

Anyway, as for Edward being like Carlisle in his support for Renesmee's choice no matter what, I have to disagree on two counts.
1) Renesmee is his biological child. While I know Carlisle sees Edward as his son, I know it's a little different when the child is your own flesh in blood. You don't love them more or anything, you just have a different bond to them. So, that's one factor that might make Edward a little more protective of Renesmee than Carlisle was of him.
2) Renesmee is a girl. A father-daughter relationship is much different than a father-son relationship. Dad's tend to encourage promiscuity or at the least, extensive dating with their boys. They take pride in the fact that their boy is "becoming a man". But with their girls, they always see them as their little girl and really don't want them going out with boys at all. In fact, most dad's would prefer it if their daughters had a 10 mile radius around them that deters all young males. It's a huge and annoying double standard, but it stems from love and protectiveness for their baby girl, which you can't really be mad about. I have no doubt that Carlisle never felt that way about Edward, and we even see in MS how he really wants things to work between Edward and Bella... no matter what the consequences.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
Bluemoonlvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Bluemoonlvr »

Okay I have a question. What if she does fall in love with a human. And she goes far in this relationship. And she had a child. What would the child be? Or can she have a child?
Jay to the Nee Image