General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Cullen Beliefs

Post by mlola619 »

I just thought of this but the Cullens do have a cross hanging in the hallway upstairs of their house- remember in Twilight when Edward's showing Bella around?? Thus, Christian, Catholic, etc. :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
starmie_alice_holter
Wandering Through Town
Location: Hoping Cookie Monster does not find Edward's jacket in the closet...

Post by starmie_alice_holter »

Well, I know Carlisle is Anglican. I also think Edward is Christian...he just doesn't know it yet. hahahaha. Hmmm, maybe I could sway him......
"I won't take back my word. That's my way of the ninja."- Uzumaki Naruto.

It just kills me that we here in the little Caribbean are not able to get our grubby little paws on any of that cool Twilight stuff....Hark! Shall I survive?...
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Calicoxx »

Hmmm. I'd think Alice's family to be more Catholic. When you think about it, some Christians believe in spiritual gifts. Unless they were crazy zealot Christians. Catholics seems to fit the "You're insane, time to go to a loony bin" bill, at least in my opinion.
Peace, love, always and forever.
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

princess_sparkle wrote:I always assumed Alice (or Alice's family at least) to be Christian, because I assumed that to be the reason they were so against Alice's premonitions and hence put her in the asylum. As for the others, I agree that Carlisle would be Anglican and I think most of the others would have been Christian to some level. I'm sure Rosalie's family would have gone to church as they were social climbers and they would be gossiped negatively about a lot for not attending, which they would not want. Whether Rosalie actually cared though... no-one knows.
That makes sense to me, about Alice being put in an insane asylum for having her visions. And I can understand how Carlisle would be Anglican as well. And of course Emmett would follow Emmettism. For crying out loud, I follow Emmettism. LOL :lol:
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

JackyO wrote:
princess_sparkle wrote:I always assumed Alice (or Alice's family at least) to be Christian, because I assumed that to be the reason they were so against Alice's premonitions and hence put her in the asylum. As for the others, I agree that Carlisle would be Anglican and I think most of the others would have been Christian to some level. I'm sure Rosalie's family would have gone to church as they were social climbers and they would be gossiped negatively about a lot for not attending, which they would not want. Whether Rosalie actually cared though... no-one knows.
That makes sense to me, about Alice being put in an insane asylum for having her visions. And I can understand how Carlisle would be Anglican as well. And of course Emmett would follow Emmettism. For crying out loud, I follow Emmettism. LOL :lol:
I agree. :) That all makes sense. :)
leahlovetwilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by leahlovetwilight »

I think Carlisle was a catholic, and Edward was Christian too.
Emmett, I reckon followed Emmettism, and Rosalie didnt care much.
I dunno why, but I always imagined Alice as like a zen religion kind of girl.

Carlisle believes in an afterlife, and Edward does subconsciously too.
yes, carlisle was catholic. it says so in twilight. edward, i think might have been christian or catholic, since he pretty much believes in an afterlife. yes...emmettism. hahahahaha thats the greatest. rosalie, i think she was a narcissist. lol. jasper maybe like agnostic, (is that what its called?) alice was insane in her former life, and esme struck me as a mormon type.
"when i got home,all my things were in the garage."-edward cullen
he's probably thinking,love sick morons
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Page 331, Twilight (hardback)
"He was the only son of an Angelican pastor...His father was an intolerant man. As the Protestants came into power, he was enthusiastic in his persecution of Roman Catholics and other religions." Skip down the page and continue:
"When the pastor grew old, he placed his obedient son in charge..."
So as an obedient pastor of the Angelican church, he was Angelican too.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

I think the Cullens aren't religious people except for Carlisle and he has to be a very open-minded anglican, what I'm trying to say is that they may be spiritual and have spiritual beliefs concerning life, god, heaven and so on but those beliefs aren't necessarily framed in a bureaucratic structured religion because many religions are openly against things the Cullen family does in order to live, like fraud :arrow: Jasper... explain! XD .

Normally, we need to have faith in a greater force beyond our understanding to believe in any religion or system of beliefs and as the Cullens are vampires they are leaving proof of the supernatural side of the world in the books, so they have to believe at least in certain myths like the ones referred to in the series but I don't think they follow an institutionalized religion.

PS: I'm christian but I was raised as catholic (yep, just converted ^.^) and almost my entire family is catholic and in the case I became a vampire they'd be all crazy, let's-form-a-holy-inquisition-and-kill-the-Let's Not Bring Our Parentage Into This. crazy :shock: Roman Catholic Church is dead serious with this things, and I'm not blaming them I'd be scared of myself too, thinking I'm a cursed creature and all... and that's why Edward probably isn't catholic now, perhaps he was in his human life.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

porschejacker XD wrote:
Cocoa wrote:What religion or belief system do each of the Cullens believe in? What religion were they in mortality and how did that effect their beliefs in immortality?
I think Carlisle was a catholic, and Edward was Christian too.
Emmett, I reckon followed Emmettism, and Rosalie didnt care much.
I dunno why, but I always imagined Alice as like a zen religion kind of girl.

Carlisle believes in an afterlife, and Edward does subconsciously too.

HAHAH! That's funny..Emmetisim! LMAO! That's so great! I dont' agree with you though on Alice's belief. Zen/Buddhist is too mellow for her. lol
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
JulesCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by JulesCullen »

Ummm.... can I please join The Church of Emmettism??? Please???

Or, I'd also love to join... The Church of Edwardism or Carlislism or Jasperism.

Yes, Carlisle was Anglican, no doubt about that- it is right in the book.

I think that Edward would become more religious after Breaking Dawn. I think he felt kind of like a monster before and that he didn't deserve absolute happiness. Well, now that he has it without any restrictions, I think he would feel that he was good enough and maybe it was a miracle, etc. And that he had a soul, as well.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow. Or two."