1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I knew Edward was a vampire before starting the book...so I figured it had something to do with feeding.
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I definitely didn't like Lauren, probably because I was 100% on Bella's side!
I had a feeling Lauren's dislike was somehow related to jealousy.
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I really liked Jacob from his first appearance in the series. I thought he seemed pretty genuine and friendly. I didn't think he was more intersted in Bella than any of the other guys in town seemed to be...everyone seemed to be attracted to her, between Eric and Mike and Tyler...I wasn't surprised Jacob was attracted to her. I thought he was much more subtle than Mike though...Bella flirted with him to get the story so he probably believed he had every right to be attracted
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I think Jacob was young and carefree. I don't think he put much stock in the old stories. I think Jacob was sort of a realist before all the events took place in New Moon to change his mind. I don't think he believed in mystical beings and Bella was ready to accept the idea so she readily listened to the stories, hoping they'd give her the answers to what Edward was.
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I have to admit I was so taken in by the idea of vampires and their existence that I didn't think about werewolves at all. When I saw the movie though, I thought Taylor Lautner really looked like he could be someone who could turn into a werewolf...that was what made me think about it before I read New Moon.
I have a special love for this chapter because it was the chapter where they met and the chapter that started me into this wonderful world. I think the first chapter was amazing, well written, and so exciting!!