The Woes of Being Spoiled

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Woes of Being Spoiled

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Yes. HECK YES. I was in Junior High (I think) when Harry Potter an OOTP came out (book). We had to come up with themes at camp for each day and one girl suggested a "Remember Sirius Black day". Oh, I flipped. The book had been out for A DAY! and I was at camp all day I didn't have time to peel through a 500 page book in one evening; I had to eat and sleep and use the bathroom!

I felt like I was spoiled with the TW movie. Although, not technically I guess, I watched all the clips they released. And I mean every. single. bit. I felt like I'd already seen the movie by the time I made it to the theater. And I had. It was my own fault this time. I'm not watching any bits from NM. I'm only reading stories or looking at stills. No clips for me this time around.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I am really bad at not spoiling things but I annoy people who WANT (or think they want) to know the ending of a book, my friend was reading BD and she said "omg! does bella die? Seriously, tell me." and I said yes because technically she does become one of the undead . . . but it didn't really work because I kept cracking up and she knew I was lying.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I always asked to be spoiled. I'm one of those people who go "No, don't tell me!!" .... "Ok, tell me!" I think in most cases it's not really what happens but how it happens that's important. Which is why I usually don't mind being given a summary before I read. There are a few exceptions though. I still think about how much more thrilling Deathly Hallows would have been if I'd waited.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I've never been spoiled (cuz I read too fast) but 2 of my friends have.
Once a girl who was just spitting out what her brother had told her and slipped that Dumbledore had died about a week after the book came out and my friend who wasn't done yet was spoiled and got really mad.
Then my other friend spilled that Bella got pregnant to another one of my friends so that wasn't fun for her either. But it had been a week since BD came out and she still hadn't finished the first book.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I can usually guess the ending of a movie or book. But if something comes out that I really wanted to read and I haven't had a chance to yet I beg everyone I know who has read it untill they tell me what happens. Then I read it. And it's all ok. Unfortunately non of my friends like vampires (real vamps not romance and oh yeah one of them's a vampire) so I still don't know what Persistance of Memory is about. Ahar wont post anything on her site, which makes me sad.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.