Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xxonceuponadreamxx
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by xxonceuponadreamxx »

Meztli wrote:One thing I'm worried about is how they'll show the wolves. They are suppose to be HUGE but I would want it to look realistic not obviosly CG. That is one worry of mine.
if they can make monkeys look like four story buildings im sure they can make wolves look one story. =D no worries. Although, I'm pretty worried of them changing anything...also, will they show Ed's point of view too? And what will they portray Vick doing? But really, just like the last one, im not that worried. The directors and screen writers know that if they change too much they're most likely to be tared and feathered so they'll probably keep it as close as they can, people just need to understand that they cant keep everything, some things need to be changed. What's easy to describe in a book could be pretty close to impossible in a movie. :D
Bella is so lucky, everyone in her world is hot...everyone in mine has pimples.
xxonceuponadreamxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxonceuponadreamxx »

olpatlanta wrote:
lilmisstrouble wrote:
Also, something I hope they kick up a notch or two for New Moon is the special effects department. I understand they had a low budget for Twilight, but I hope they can afford better resources to create the vampire running scenes. I thought those were a tad bit cheesy. We have A LOT of action on New Moon: motorcycles, cliff diving, underwater sequences, werewolves in metamorphosis, speeding yellow Porsches, to name a few, so I hope they splurge for said scenes. I would hate to see some tacky looking werewolf and vampires with cheap, cakey foundation.

I also hope to see a scarier, more menacing Jasper, no more of that constipation gaze. I know he can pull it off!

Also worried: that the movie won't be long enough. Please Summit, for the billionth time: give me a 3 hour long movie! Or longer!
I agree about the special effects. I really hope they don't turn out as cheesy as some of the stuff in Twilight. And I hope that make NM longer than Twilight. I really felt like Twilight could have used another hour.
haha really, its twilight im pretty sure it could have been five hours long and we would still be begging for more. lol
Bella is so lucky, everyone in her world is hot...everyone in mine has pimples.
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

I'm a bit worried about the director.

see i was so psyched about the books becoming films but the director focused on the action scenes rather than the Edward/Bella scenes in twilight.

so we've got a new director for new moon. yay.

but it's going to be so hard to portray the strong emotions when the twilight film was a bit of a letdown.

the new moon directors got a tough job.

also, i thought (as much as it pains me to say it) that some of the worst acting came from Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan) so as the whole film is about her love for Edward so the movie will be pretty pointless if you don't believe she ever loved him in the first place.

but apart from all my worries, critacisms and concerns, I CAN'T WAIT!
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Remmett_Until_Dusk wrote:also, i thought (as much as it pains me to say it) that some of the worst acting came from Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan) so as the whole film is about her love for Edward so the movie will be pretty pointless if you don't believe she ever loved him in the first place.

but apart from all my worries, critacisms and concerns, I CAN'T WAIT!
I agree!There were some parts where her reaction (or lack thereof) really bugged me! Like when Edward first tells her that he's been watching her sleep (nothing?! Bella freaked out in the book.) Also when Mike said his line about not liking her & Edward toghether because of the way he looks at her. (Bella freaked also in the book here. I loved the that's none of your business line in the book.) Those are just the two that come to mind. So I really hope we get better acting, reactions in NM. Especially the pain & depression she goes through!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

I totally agree with you guys! I feel like RP did such a great job portraying Edward, but I didn't feel that way about Kristen. She's got a unique way of acting that I like, but I just wish she added more emotion into the character. I didn't feel ANY connection between them until the scene at the restaurant (which was a let down :() and then it didn't develop too much between then and the end of the movie.

I hope that Chris emphasizes the emotions more...although it's going to be hard to capture the love between Bella and Edward before he leaves and then move onto Jacob. Gah...that's another thing I'm worried about. Don't botch the emotions with Jacob/Bella...

Sigh.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Exactly! I'm worried about how they will show the wolves too. They supposed to be huge. I just can't wait to see what they look like... Especially the scene where Bella is with Jacob and she see the wolves for the second time in her life, and when Jake and Paul get into their little fight. I wanna know if they are gonna do the colors of the wolves the way that SM describes in the book. Like how Jacob is a russet-brown color.
I also feel the same way about Kristen. I mean, that Rob did an amazing job portraying Edward... He did so well. But, Kristen... I just didn't really understand it. She looks like a Bella, but I just didn't really understand it. I hope that she does a better job in New Moon.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

I'm not toooo worried.

My only worries are the director (I'm scared it may become too unreal/big budget style - even without the big budget), and that they might try add more scenes with Edward. I doubt it though.
keds723

Post by keds723 »

In a way, Kristen Stewart brings a unique style to the movie. Some scenes it's great, but others...not so much. I'm banking on (for the sake of New Moon) that the scenes I loved her in were the ones filmed last and the ones I wasn't too much of a fan of were the first to be filmed. That would show growth!

I really, really hope the wolves are cool looking too. If they all look the same, that's gonna suck. I think why I'm so worried about this movie is because of the smaller budget. Seriously, save some money on face make up for the Cullens and use it to vamp up the special effects department. (No more sissy sparkling)

I can't wait for the first time Bella hears Edward's voice. Ack!!! That was probably one of my favorite moments of the book because it's like "oh noez...Edward's gone forever. *sad face*" But then. Wa-La! Edward is back...in a weird...creepy...insane way.
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

I agree, I'm definitely looking forward to Bella hearing Edward's voice for the first time!!

I think all the actors will have grown in their skills by the next movie, so I think the things that we didnt like from Twlight in their acting skills, should mostly have been improved.
keds723

Post by keds723 »

kimbatron wrote:I agree, I'm definitely looking forward to Bella hearing Edward's voice for the first time!!

I think all the actors will have grown in their skills by the next movie, so I think the things that we didnt like from Twlight in their acting skills, should mostly have been improved.

Amen to that!