General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Breaking Dawn-I liked it

Post by BeautifulVeins »

Personally, the first time I read it, I loved it. When I first read about Bella being pregnant, I was in denial for a while, it was definately not the direction I had expected or wanted the book to take, but after getting over that I was pretty happy with it. The last two pages were absolutely amazing, I'm so glad that Edward finally got to see into Bellas mind, it seems like a fantastic way to end the series. Jacob's point of veiw was also so good and I'm pleased he got his happy ending too! I think all the loose ends were tied up perfectly.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

When I first started reading, I was absolutely loving it. The wedding was beautiful, and the honeymoon was even better. But by the end of the first book, I was very surprised and a little hesitant to continue, because I wasn't sure about what was going to happen. But, curiosity overcame me, and I continued on.

I absolutely loved Jacob's perspective. Before Breaking Dawn, I was not a Jacob fan. But reading his side of the story really made me realize that I was just in denial. I was glad that we got to read about Bella's pregnancy from Jacob's point of view, because I don't know if I would have been able to stand reading about it from Bella. The end of Book Two left me totally surprised again, but this time I wasn't hesitant in continuing.

Book Three was the part I've been waiting for since the end of New Moon. I could really tell that this was what Stephenie wanted, and this was how the story was meant to be. Unlike some people, I didn't mind that there wasn't a bigger confrontation with the Volturi. What I really enjoyed was seeing all of the many different vampires gathering. That was awesome. It was cool to see that there were other vampires around besides the Cullens. I also loved the happy ending. Edward finally getting to see Bella's thoughts was a very creative and very well deserving way to end the story.
pinkella
Settled in Forks

Post by pinkella »

I didn't just like it, I LOVED it! I have been reading it over and over so I can have it just as memorized as the other books! After I read Breaking Dawn it just made me love the rest of the books even more, it just makes them all better. You really can see how everything else that happened leads up to what happens in Breaking Dawn.
SilverSwan
Settled in Forks

Post by SilverSwan »

Book 1-- i like reading and visualizing the wedding & honeymoon *giggles*. it's so romantic. i was happy that jacob came back. also i thought the feathers was hilarious. but i kind of hesitated that Bella was preggy. how is that possible? i thought. but hey, it's Stephenie Meyer's story. so i just went along with it.

Book 2 -- Finally, Jacob's turn. I actually like it. Very sarcastic & just funny. Great that Jacob gets imprinted by Nessie. I guess it make anything even.

Book 3 -- I think this was my favoite part of the book. Finally get to see how Bella is when she bacames a newborn. Nessie is growing up so much & we get to see what happens with the Volturi. Was kind of pissed that Alice left. I missed her. But she had to do what was important for her family. Loved the out come in the end. & that everyone got what they wanted except for Jane, Alec & Caius. Oh yeah, i love Bella's power, it was what i expected, because it's Bella, no one can get into her head. Also, the very last part of the story, when Bella opens her mind to Edward. I thought that part was so romantic & sweet. The happy ending.

Overall, i thought the book was GREAT. I know there was parts that were predictable and had some unanswered questions. But this was what Stephenie Meyer wanted. I couldnt be more happy about.
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

I liked Breaking Dawn, especially when Edward broke the bed. I laughed so hard. I actually liked Jacob after reading it. It changed my views on him. Quil and Claire were so stinkin cute.
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

I loved it, it was just so fulfilling after three books of anticipation. At the end of Breaking Dawn, I felt like the series was just beginning. Now Edward and Bella are Equals.... and I can't wait to see what happens with Renésmee. I know Stephanie said she was going to write the stories of Leah and Renésmee. The question is whether or not she was going to publish them. I think I might view the series differently then most fans, because... I had never heard about it.. then read the first book in one day after my girlfriend recommended it to me. Followed by the second, third, and fourth all in a week. I've since read them all multiple times( TV What?)and they are my favorite series. But the point I'm getting to, I didn't see how people thought Breaking Dawn was different from the other three books... all I saw was the progression and completion of a beautiful story.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Re: Breaking Dawn-I LOVED IT!!!

Post by Cinderella85 »

When I finished reading it... I felt... Complete. For lack of a better word.
It was the most perfect ending. Everything tied up nicely.

Probably one of the things I was most worried about, was Jake, Jake and his "happy ending"... I admit, I was against him imprinting, I felt it wouldn't work. But boy did Stephenie find a way around that one. I couldn't be more happy about how that turned out :D

And, considering I was somewhat opposed to Bella vamping up (though also somewhat resigned to that fate) I really enjoyed Bella as a vampire. I like how it just fit her well. And I liked that Charlie was still around :)

The only thing that bothered me, was the lack of Alice. I love Alice so there's never really enough of her :lol:
Love Jacob? Join the RDP!
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I LOVED BD
Sure it was different. But thats a good thing isn't it.

I LOVED the twist. I nearly passed out when Bella got pregnant.
Actually, I had to re-read the line where Bella was looking through the suitcase and stares as the tampon pack 6 times before I realised it was tampons.

Anyways, BD is now my second favourite in the saga (Twilight being first)

The whole EPIC FAIL thing is wearing my patience thin. If I see it written in another anti thread I'm going to go bananas. WHHHYYYYY PEOPLE.... WHHYYYYYY?
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Breaking Dawn is my favourite book in the saga, especially the Book 3, when Bella becomes a newborn! I think that Stephenie did a wonderful job developing the characters. I must say that I wasn't TEAM JACOB before, because I thought that he's a little too pushy sometimes, but after reading from his perspective, he's one of my favourite characters now!
I couldn't be more pleased with the plot in this book, everything seemed very natural, like it had been there all along!
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

I'll admit, in the beginning, I really didn't like BD. But after I finished it, I realized I did like it. It had a different mood than the other books. It was dark, yet it was still light. I dunno really what I liked about it. But I did like it.
formally, Ostentatious6277