General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Bruises

Post by Esme echo »

Jacob did not bruise Bella. If he had, they would have shown up by the time Bella and Edward got to Isle Esme. Edward would definately have noticed! No, Bella's bruises were the result of her and Edward's activities of the night before!
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

Yeah, Edward matched his hands to them... unless Edward and Jacob have the same sized hands. But tbh I think it was Edward. Jake wasn't bruising her when he squeezed her. It was like a tourniquet, Bella said, and they dnt bruise you.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Esme echo wrote:I know I'll hear howls of disbelief for saying this, but in my opinion, it's not criminal to accidentally bruise your beloved. It happens; the important question is, was it deliberate? Uncaring or careless? How do each of you feel?

Consider that Edward:
--is a vampire,
--his physical reactions are more intense than a human's, and
--his super strength is an ever-present danger to Bella.

No one could have tried to be more careful than Edward during that night; he could not have been more remorseful that he didn't have perfect control during his first sexual experience.

At the same time, Bella could not remember a single moment when she felt that Edward was holding her too tightly (p. 89). She acknowledged that she marked up easily (p. 95) and she was less sore afterwards than when she'd over-done it at the gym (p. 91). Bella was totally joyed that their very unequal physical characteristics were not a greater factor in their physical relationship. I appreciated her comment, "Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other."

For me, the most important part of this incident is that in subsequent "practice," Edward did not bruise Bella again! One of the things I love most about Edward is his total commitment to keeping Bella safe and happy.
Ok, you should get some kind of award for this answer!!! *CHEERS* ;)
Anyone who thinks that Edward did this on purpose is out of their mind! The bruising wasn't intentional, uncaring, or careless. He has only ever had the best intentions at heart for Bella and has always put her safety as No. 1 Priority. There is no way that he would have lost control of himself and intentionally hurt her.

This was his first sexual experience, and even though he talked to Carlisle and the brothers about it, that information couldn't have been very helpful because none of them had ever had sex with a human. When you're in the throes of passion, :oops: you get a bit tense... *cough.* If you've never been there before, well then, just take the word of some of us who have...

On another note, I seriously doubt that the bruises came about by rough-housing or by his throwing her on the bed, or by some sado-masochistic experience. I would imagine that their first time was just very passionate and intense- their first expression of just how much they love each other.
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Esme echo wrote:I know I'll hear howls of disbelief for saying this, but in my opinion, it's not criminal to accidentally bruise your beloved. It happens; the important question is, was it deliberate? Uncaring or careless? How do each of you feel?

Consider that Edward:
--is a vampire,
--his physical reactions are more intense than a human's, and
--his super strength is an ever-present danger to Bella.

No one could have tried to be more careful than Edward during that night; he could not have been more remorseful that he didn't have perfect control during his first sexual experience.

At the same time, Bella could not remember a single moment when she felt that Edward was holding her too tightly (p. 89). She acknowledged that she marked up easily (p. 95) and she was less sore afterwards than when she'd over-done it at the gym (p. 91). Bella was totally joyed that their very unequal physical characteristics were not a greater factor in their physical relationship. I appreciated her comment, "Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other."

For me, the most important part of this incident is that in subsequent "practice," Edward did not bruise Bella again! One of the things I love most about Edward is his total commitment to keeping Bella safe and happy.
Yep, I think that's the truth of it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I'm pretty sure that all the bruises were from Edward, and even if some of them were form Jacob, Edward would have taken the blame. He knows how much Jake means to her and he would probably want to hide that he bruised her from her... if that makes since.

But I'm pretty sure I screamed when Edward put his hand over the bruises and they lined up perfectly.
dcluver04
Settled in Forks

Post by dcluver04 »

I was thinking that too.
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

AliceLauren wrote:
But I'm pretty sure I screamed when Edward put his hand over the bruises and they lined up perfectly.
I'm sure Edward was doing enough of that in his head, waiting for her to wake up.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Kohtakumi
Settled in Forks

Post by Kohtakumi »

Considering that at least half of Bella's bruises came from Edward the damage has been done either way regardless of where the others came from. She still looks like she got the rough end of mugging by kickboxing kangaroos and Edward still felt guilty. So what's a bruise or two in the name of the nasty? Or in the name of looking like a crazed sex junkie in the eyes of someone who just happens to be strong enough to bruise you just by squeezing you. Either way...they didn't matter.
xoPearl_Angelxo

Post by xoPearl_Angelxo »

I'm pretty sure that Edward would have figured out that Jacob had done some damage to Bella the second they were unclothed. Even though he may have been "in the moment"there is no way he would have not figured out Jacob had done something. Maybey there were some small bruises that he hadn't caused but in the morning after he was so upset that he basically just knew everything was his fault.
APPC

avatar by *cullens & converse @ Vesperarium

Read My All Original Twilight Fanfic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4277830/1/T ... everything
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i pretty much agree with everything that esme echo wrote.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin