Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by kimbatron »

Sorry if it's already been said, but I'm split about Dakota being Jane.

She is getting a bit older now, so for new moon she is probably on the border of being the right age for the character. Anyway, my worry is that she might age a bit between that and when/if they start filming breaking dawn, which is why I think they should have chosen someone younger.

She is an amazing actress though, so she will probably pull it off well!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

j_jam wrote:I ran across this pic and I thought he would make a good member of the Volturi. Not sure which one....probably Aro, but he looks like he could fit the part. Unfortunately he is Turkish and probably doesnt speak English, oh well.....he still looks good. LOL!

Whatcha think: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tubabykstn/2594082974/
i agree.. he certainly has a deadly vampire look about him... devilishly handsome, lol.
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

DumBumm wrote:As for Ben Barns i have always pictured him as Demetri... but he is doing the third Installment of The Chronicles Of Narnia... does anyone think he be able to play in New Moon.

If Dakota does get the part, and she pulls it off, it would be great, or we want is someone who can pull of Jane.
but i agree with AliceFan, Dakota is to much of a A-lister, and if you look at Lord of the Rings, there wasn't really big name actors, take Orlando Bloom, i had never seen or hard of him before, then he played in Lord of the Rings, and now look at him... i think it be much better to have unknown actors to play any part of New Moon, we are always seeing the same people over and over again... we need new faces.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Lord of the Rings. Elijah Wood (huge child star and has been in the biz for quite a while not unlike Dakota herself), Cate Blanchett (Oscar winner), Sean Astin ( another child star due to Goonies), Ian McKellan(Oscar winner), Viggo Mortenson and Liv Tyler were all pretty well known BEFORE Lord of the Rings so that whole idea about it not having any big names in it doesn't really hold up. Also, none of the Twilight stars were big name actors until the Twilight movie so the request for fresh new faces was pretty much granted with the first movie, so throwing one better known star in is not going to collapse the whole film. Jane is an important character but not a major in your face throughout the whole story kind of character.
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

littlelamb wrote:
DumBumm wrote:As for Ben Barns i have always pictured him as Demetri... but he is doing the third Installment of The Chronicles Of Narnia... does anyone think he be able to play in New Moon.

If Dakota does get the part, and she pulls it off, it would be great, or we want is someone who can pull of Jane.
but i agree with AliceFan, Dakota is to much of a A-lister, and if you look at Lord of the Rings, there wasn't really big name actors, take Orlando Bloom, i had never seen or hard of him before, then he played in Lord of the Rings, and now look at him... i think it be much better to have unknown actors to play any part of New Moon, we are always seeing the same people over and over again... we need new faces.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Lord of the Rings. Elijah Wood (huge child star and has been in the biz for quite a while not unlike Dakota herself), Cate Blanchett (Oscar winner), Sean Astin ( another child star due to Goonies), Ian McKellan(Oscar winner), Viggo Mortenson and Liv Tyler were all pretty well known BEFORE Lord of the Rings so that whole idea about it not having any big names in it doesn't really hold up. Also, none of the Twilight stars were big name actors until the Twilight movie so the request for fresh new faces was pretty much granted with the first movie, so throwing one better known star in is not going to collapse the whole film. Jane is an important character but not a major in your face throughout the whole story kind of character.
Well said. ITA!!
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

It looks like Lucy Hale tired auditioning for the role of Jane!
http://www.oceanup.com/2009/01/lucy-hal ... l#comments
But since Dakota is (basically) getting the role, she's looking for another one.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

nafereti wrote:It looks like Lucy Hale tired auditioning for the role of Jane!
http://www.oceanup.com/2009/01/lucy-hal ... l#comments
But since Dakota is (basically) getting the role, she's looking for another one.
Wow, I didn't see that coming. She's a pretty good actress. If she try for another role, I would to see what she goes for and if she even gets it.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

I hope Dakota doesnt have a growth spurt between now and if they ever shoot breaking dawn. :?

I do think she suits the role though, I'm slowly seeing that she will be great for it, it's just her age is the problem for me.
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

kimbatron wrote:I hope Dakota doesnt have a growth spurt between now and if they ever shoot breaking dawn. :?

I do think she suits the role though, I'm slowly seeing that she will be great for it, it's just her age is the problem for me.
Well Dakota is 14, the same age as Jodelle Ferland. So yeah, has anyone seen RESENT pictures of Jodelle Ferland? I wonder if she grew up.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

what about dakota fanning's sister? hahaha jk
nafereti

Post by nafereti »