Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by SenorGimp »

Here's food for thought.
What if Benjamin and Zafrina had a kid?
Would the coupling of ability to manipulate the elements and ability to create illusions combine to make the ability to literally remake your environment, in whichever way you can imagine?
Maybe not, but that would be cool...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

SenorGimp wrote:Here's food for thought.
What if Benjamin and Zafrina had a kid?
Would the coupling of ability to manipulate the elements and ability to create illusions combine to make the ability to literally remake your environment, in whichever way you can imagine?
Maybe not, but that would be cool...
That would be cool. However, I think the children of the vampires have like the OPPOSITE of their parents power....so, I can't think of the opposite of these two powers, but any kid of Zafrina would be awesome!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Yea, Zafrina rules!
Ben is a great guy too
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, if we're going with reversal of parental talents here...

Zafrina's reverse would be the ability to take someone's thoughts and project them so others can see them (because her power lies in projecting what she wants others to see into their minds). Sort of like Renesmee, except Zafrina's reverse can project anyone's thoughts, not just their own.

Benjamin's reverse... More difficult. He manipulates elements. I suppose the reverse would be the ability to prevent manipulation of the elements: keeping a fire burning despite a strong wind, for example- or preventing a rockslide from occuring due to heavy rains.
twilight4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight4eva »

lydiane wrote:Some of these vampires, the changed ones, that is - their special talents came from what they did best while they were still human, right?

Edward's talent - I wonder what was the closest thing to "reading mind" when he was still a human? The ability to read people through gestures and body languages ... or eyes? Or just plain pricky ears?

Like Bella, what she did best while she was still a human was blocking others out, which turned out to be a very cool talent indeed after her transformation.

So, any thoughts on this?
i think he read body language and eyes
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Some people, and I am privileged enough to include myself in this category, have the uncanny ability to pick up on what people are feeling through a combination of reading their body language, knowing how they think and picking up on subtle little indicators like abnormalities in speech patterns, etc., and just an intuitive feel for the inner workings of others.
I imagine if I were to be turned, and my love agreed with me on this when we were talking about it earlier, I would have something of a combination of Edward's and Jasper's talents, which would be super fly!!
Twilight_Sabii
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight_Sabii »

lydiane wrote:And anyway, Carlisle deserves to be gifted. But then again, if you think about it, he IS gifted. The only difference is that, he worked for this gift (being a doctor, helping others - I consider that a gift, not everyone can be a people-person whatever) while others were born with their talents, get what I mean?
I agree with you Carlisle definetly should be gifted [when he was "born"] even thought in a way he is. He did work to become a people-"person", but when you mentioned that he had to work 4 a gift i thought of him having the gift to refrain from drinking human blood and teaching the others how to do so as well.
яєηєєѕмє cuℓℓєη
.:[ℓα тuα сαηтαηтє]:. ‹3
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Carlisle is gifted with bringing forth an unprecedented new way of life, and allowing that way of life to be passed on and offered up to any who were willing to try.
That, to me, is Carlisle's gift, and it is more potent than Edward's Alice's Jasper's and Bella's combined!
:D
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Agreed. If not for Carlisle, there would be no Cullen family at all! And I probably would never have come up with my cast of characters, either. :)

Twilight_Sabii: Just wanted to say- that's a beautiful image you have in your sig. :D
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I agree, Rings!!
Who made your banner, "..._sabii?"