Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by CastMeNotAway »

I posted a while ago that my mom was reading the series... well she just finished a few days ago! :D

She really really loved it! It was SO funny...

This is the conversation we had once she finished:

Me: "You finished Breaking Dawn? What did you think?"
Mom: "I really liked it! I liked all of them! Now, which one's the last one?"
Me: "Mom, that was the last one."
Mom: "Oh... I was hoping there was more!"

:lol: I'm so glad she liked it so much!
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Ifeellikerain, good call on going the "girls like it" route, though with an 11 yo, it's always a toss up as to whether or not you catch them on a day they are still convinced girls have cooties. :D When I convinced my husband to read it, I actually had him start with Midnight Sun. The mind of a 17 yo girl can be a bit overwhelming, even for the most understanding of men. I figured getting a bit from the guy perspective first would wet his appetite enough to get him into it and wanting more. Plus, especially for an 11 yo boy, it starts out with Edward planning a mass murder. The love kind of sneaks up on them. :lol: Good luck.
hahaha yes! thats a good idea i bet it will work, i may even try this on some of my male friends who i had given up on. thanks! :D
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Yes! My aunt is currently reading Twilight and seems to be enjoying so far. :D

I also lent the books to my mom's friend and she got addicted. She got so addicted, that she bought the books for herself and then got other of her girlfriends to read. It's a domino effect. :shock:

My cousin - a guy - read too and thought it was okay. But since I just have the books in English, he gave up on reading the rest. He said it's too lazy for it. :roll: English is not our native language, you see.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I got 7 people to read it! I'm on a roll!!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

i have got loads of peeps to read twilight
dani
molly
anna
sophie
zoe
asher
jay
sam
sam
sam (yes they're three dif sams)
jenny
aimee
sammy
my sis
sarah
and afew more i can't remember LOL
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
MeglovesTwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by MeglovesTwilight »

So far I've only convinced my 23 year old cousin. She borrowed my copy of Twilight and then she bought New Moon. After she finished New Moon, I borrowed her copy! Then I got the rest of the series for Christmas. We have both finished it since then and are in love!!

I told two of my friends that I had read Twilight. One refuses to follow the book trends that everyone else is following. The other just borrowed my copy today!! I'm soo excited for her to read it =)

My roommate also read Twilight and loved it. I didn't have to get her to read it. She has New Moon, but hasn't read it yet. I'm going to have to get her read that soon, or I'm going to spoil it for her =/
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I convinced my best friend. But thats it. I tried to convince my other best friend but she is so far from the book type she's practically in a different world.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

So my best friend borrowed my copy of Twilight and I'm so stunned that she hasn't read it yet( she burrowed it many weeks ago), when I bought my copy of Twilight I read it in 1 day...

And not just that, I want my book back. I'm so worried she will kill it :D
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

Umm.. No... :|

I'm trying to get my sister and mom to read it but OMG.. i'm having a hard time
specially since my sister is a harry potter fan... :lol:
ariake76
Wandering Through Town

Post by ariake76 »

OK... JUST the thread I wanted to post in.

I got one of my best friends to read Twilight. She lives one state away. When I recommended it I meant "go borrow this book from the library, but she persuaded me to lend her MY copies, which I did with great reluctance. I could not bring myself to part with Breaking Dawn but the rest I lent to her-- PAINFULLY because I hated to let them go and knew it would be a month before I could get them back!

Make that TWO months, and in the meantime she lent the first book to her teenage son! She promised he would take good care of it, but when she finally returned it the cover was pretty much crapped up. I was MAD but I forced myself just to set it aside and not think about it or else I was going to just be seething through her entire visit.

So yeah, I got two people to read Twilight. Grrrrrrrrrr!
Yes, my husband's last two names really are Edward Coleman. But his first name is Mike.