General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Sequels

Post by Kachiti »

tricia wrote:i feel so bad for her. She must feel so violated. Writing is so personal and to have something put out there when she isn't ready for that.

There was HUGE guilt on my half but i did read it. It is her best yet. I actually cried at my computer in a half dozen places.

Please Steph, please don't let this stop you. I understand so much more about Twilight now from reading this. It really is the best one yet. Some of the best parts are yet to come... i want to know what is in his mind when he finally kisses her, when she is touching his arm in the meadow, when she is begging for immortality. I want to know what he thinks of her mother. I want to hear what Esme says to Edward when she first meets Bella.

The first chapter has been out there for a while... it was a tease, it made you want more.. but the first 12 chapters!!!! it is sheer torture to not be able to read the rest.
I agree with you. I found it more enjoyable then Twilight. It started to answer some the questions that had been swimming in my head about certain characters. If she decides not to finish it, I really do understand. However, I hope over time Edward will convince her to finish his story.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I'm reading the 12 chapters through again for the 3rd time. This is so much better than Twilight. I loved Twilight, but Midnight Sun has depth that Twilight didn't have. Edward is just so tortured, so torn between what he wants and what he thinks is best for Bella.

There is also that Darcy arogance that makes it so much fun to read.. fun because now that we all know everything turns out great, it's funny to read how important what he wants is to himself.

Like everyone else i just adored Edward... After reading this, i am totally in love with him.

I hope SM not only picks this back up again but makes it about 700+ pages. I want so much to know EVERYTHING that no only he thinks but everyone else.

I saw that the "complete Twilight Series" is comeing out as a collectors set. Sorry but i'm not buying it till Midnight Sun is part of it.. the Twilight Series is only partly done in my eyes till this is on the shelves in a beautiful hardcover right next to the rest.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
VampgirlWolfgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampgirlWolfgirl »

I really like the idea of a book being in Nessie and Leah's point of view. Stepheine Meyer threw that idea out in an interview (on MTV) and I'd love to see that happen. We have so much more to learn about Leah and Nessie. I want to hear if Leah ever does or can imprint and I want to hear where Jake and Nessie's relationship goes. Oh, I would just jump up and down and scream for hours if Stephenie would write that. I know she said she would write it for herself but it was a question if she would release it to the public or not. I would really hope she would. There could be so many different stories told. Everyone in Twilight has a background. But I would be happy with any spin-off if there was one made.
"I am a vampire girl, and yet I am a wolf girl. Don't make me ever choose between the two."
~VampgirlWolfgirl
BiteMeEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeEdward »

Well, aside from Edward's point of view in Midnight Sun, I would also love to see a book in Alice's point of view. She has such a great personality and I would love to get to know her charachter a bit better. I would also really like one from Leah and Nessie's points of view.

In addition to that, I thought it would be kind of neat if there were shorter books that were about the Cullens' life before they were vampires and how they became vampires. I know we have already learned all their stories but it would be neat to read it from their points of view and look a bit deeper into their human lives.
taltosgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by taltosgirl »

4 months!!! that's all i can think about. There are 4 M O N T H S missing from new moon. SM HAS to finish midnight sun...and then write 3 sequels for it! Like most of you, i too read what SM posted on her website. How could i stop myself? i'm addicted...and i would never have read it illeagally, she posted it, and MY brand of heroin is anything edward cullen. Just to know FOR SURE what he was thinking the whole time. First Sight...the way edward is planning to kill Bella first, and witnesses later/ or vice versa. It brought all the emtions back! I instantly went home and re-read twilight. I will even admit the depth of my nerdom b/c i sat with midnight sun open on my labtop, to refernce while i read twilight. It's brilliant. Every time Bella blushed, or looked at him...gasp.... Now that the story line is complete SM can really get into the details of it all. I LIVE for the details and i LIVE for the entire series! and being that edward is my favorite character, (and as i jokingly/seriously tell my girlfriends "the only thing i'm living for") and his mind is so unique to the character list, i want MORE. I especially liked the way he did not instantly think of Bella as beautiful...he put it off as a curious/interesting face. I mean GOD!!! does it only remind me of the way i felt the first time i realized i liked the man who is now my husband? i can remember telling my roommate that i was just curious to figure out who he was and what he was about...i would never admit to ANYONE the real thoughts i was having.
back to the point at hand. i do feel deeply for SM, theivery is the most terrible of acts, especially when the item stolen is a persons creativity. but PLEASE stephenie...PLEASE find it in yourself, to give edward a voice. Midnight Sun...it has to be.

And then...if it's not too much to ask... start another series about Jacob and Renesme. What great tension there will be!!! how would they even get by in life once she "grows up" i mean...she will still look like a teenager her entire life no? aaahh!!! it makes me want to scream just thinking about it.
i've gotten too worked up now and must post this before i ramble even more. my question to you all though is... what chapter out of all the books whould you most want to read from edwards point of view??
swimming w/ my edward
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

taltosgirl wrote: my question to you all though is... what chapter out of all the books whould you most want to read from edwards point of view??
Ever since I read the 12 chapters, I want to read the last chapters in New Moon, starting when he goes to the volturi and wants to die...think about how awesome it would be, to be in his head when Bella runs up and tries to push him out of the sunlight and he thinks he's died and gone to heaven....I still cry everytime I read it. And the plane ride home.....sigh. That would be so perfect.
TheVampwolf
Settled in Forks

Post by TheVampwolf »

Well, I was thinking something more along the lines of werewolf related. Steph did say something about Leah. It could get interesting. ^_^

But really, I want a Renesmee and Jacob themed book. Pruddy shweet if you ask me! :'D
Oh yes, Thats James right dar. (:
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Hey guys, I want Midnight Sun published SO badly that I started a petition -- one to Stephenie telling her that we will abstain from reading the leaked chapters and we LOVE her and will support her with whatever time she needs to be able to get back to that project.

I've already got over 200 signatures -- I would love even more!!! Spread the word!! Get your fellow Twilighters to sign and I will mail this onto Stephenie!

Go show her some LOVE!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/midn ... index.html
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Hey guys, I want Midnight Sun published SO badly that I started a petition -- one to Stephenie telling her that we will abstain from reading the leaked chapters and we LOVE her and will support her with whatever time she needs to be able to get back to that project.

I've already got over 200 signatures -- I would love even more!!! Spread the word!! Get your fellow Twilighters to sign and I will mail this onto Stephenie!

Go show her some LOVE!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/midn ... index.html
signed it! great idea!!
AliceMarieHale
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceMarieHale »

Well I know of Midnight Sun and cant wait for it!!! But It would be nice if she did continue. I mean to see if Jacob and Renesme will be together or if she thinks of him as a friend later on? Its a thought that antaginizes me...But sadly I know that it wont happen and no sequal will be made........ :( But I will keep praying. It would be great. Also to have a sequal in Renesme's point of view from when she in bella (when bella started to dink blood to keep her and renesme alive) to when the book ends. It would be a litte book but cute at the same time.
ImageImage
~*AliceMarieHale*~
*JaspersMine*