The voices in my head

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Re: The voices in my head

Post by Movielover22 »

Ok so this one time, I thought I was seriously going crazy. I was at work and all of a sudden it was as if my own voice was narrating everything I was doing like I was writing a book in my head. And I couldn't turn it off, which was one of the weirdest parts, the other was that this voice that was actually my own voice seemed to know more about me then I knew, it was like my subconscious was trying to talk to me in a weird way or something. That's when I first started to think I was truly crazy.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

^ I've done that too... And sometimes I'll start constructing stories like like this one time, a kid at my school was taking around a marker and giving his friends "vampire bites" with two dots on the neck. I then started thinking of a scene in a vampire book, where the vampire is walking down the hall of her school, sees the 'vampire bites' being given, and smiling ironically to herself. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

^^ Haha that's hilarious. That would be a really good scene in something vampire-related. Or if the marker spots were done really well and the vampire didn't realize that they were fake and for a short time until they do realize that they are fake they're on the look-out for another vampire, starting to panic and wonder who came there.
"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." ~ Jasper Hale
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

^ That would be great!!! I have a whole notebook about these weird scenes that come into my head...
Looking back I found this one interesting one...
It started out with my friend and I discussing how the werewolves in Twilight are actually shape shifters, so they could technically shift into any creatures they want. Then suddenly I got this play by play image of Edward hunting, and just as he is about to pounce on a mountain lion, it turns around and in a British accent asks, "do you mind? I'm hunting here" :lol: I could just see the confusion on his face!
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

In all seriousness, when I am really concentrated on something (like reading) or concentrated on nothing at all (ie: lying in bed and staring at the ceiling), I will hear things in my head. Like... phrases coming from nowhere. The first time I ever heard anything was a few years ago when I was reading Harry Potter. It said "Oh, my God" and I was really freaked out because it was so clear and it was not me. Then I started hearing things more often. Just random little things. But it's been pretty quiet for awhile now.

Lol, run and hide? :P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Movielover22
Settled in Forks

Post by Movielover22 »

SethisMine wrote:^ That would be great!!! I have a whole notebook about these weird scenes that come into my head...
Looking back I found this one interesting one...
It started out with my friend and I discussing how the werewolves in Twilight are actually shape shifters, so they could technically shift into any creatures they want. Then suddenly I got this play by play image of Edward hunting, and just as he is about to pounce on a mountain lion, it turns around and in a British accent asks, "do you mind? I'm hunting here" :lol: I could just see the confusion on his face!

Haha he would get so taken aback by that! Or it mentions in Midnight Sun how Emmett likes to "play with his food" as in let the bear or other animal think it's got a shot at winning the fight and then swoop in, if he was toying with an animal and all of a sudden it turned back into a human and was like, "what's up man?" Oh man, now you've got me started on this I'm probably going to end up thinking of a lot more random scenarios.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Apparently about 2% of the population in the Netherlands hears voices in their heads. A few days ago they said that on the news here in Belgium. (There has been this incident with a guy who heard voices in his head, dressed up as the Joker and killed innocent little babies so now everyone's interested.) They said it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing and that most people can live just fine with those voices but some people do indeed need some special care. :?

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone else who likes to 'rehearse' conversations in their head before actually having them? Or is it just me who does that? :?
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think we all do that. I even rehearse things I don't have to rehearse. :P
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

^ Now I feel better. :D I also rehearse things I don't have to rehearse. I sometimes rehearse having conversations that I just know I'll never have in my life. :lol:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

^I always think of these little scenarios that I know will never happen, but I plan them out anyways with people who most likely don't or won't ever exist. But how else can I entertain my mind? :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May