Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Post by Black Rose »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?

I thought that it had something to do with using the term 'werewolf', but now that you mention it, it was probably because he wasn't allowed to tell the true number.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?

I think that he just fnally realized that Bella would never be happy until she had Jake were still allowed to be friends. And that he couldn't keep her safe from this 'visitor' without the pack help.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?

It was the dispair that he keeps hidden because he still thinks there is a huge chance that Bella will leave him for Jake in the end.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?

I usually found it quite funny. But I also found it slightly annoying how neither one of them ever stopped being at each other's throats.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?
-I think the pause was because Jacob is forbidden to reaveal the number of wolves there are.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?
-Awh ! I thought it was sweet ! Edward doesn't want to do anything that will make Bella unhappy, even if its against his better judgement.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?
-I think sadness and worry, because Edward was sad Bella liked spending time with someone who was like obsessed with her, and worry because he didn't want her to get hurt.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?
-I thought it was kind of funny (:
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

At the time I truly believed it was because he didn't want to use the name but now that I think about it, he would probably be proud to say it in that context and it probably was about the orders.

I was happy that he allowed it because it makes her more safe than trying to sneak away from him. It shows that he trusts that she knows what is best and what will be ok.

Jealousy, fear, worry.. probably all of those things.

It's stupid. Really only Edward has the right because she belongs to him, but even still it's immature. Jealousy calls for ridiculous measures sometimes though.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I never thought about that, but it would make sense that he couldn't reveal the true number of his pack.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgement when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?
Finally!

I don't know. A mix of emotions probably.

GROW UP!! :lol: Can't even immortal guys get past childishness these days? Ah well, it was kind of funny though.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing? Haha, I'd always thought it was because he was counting in his head and he couldn't remember how many of them there were.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob? Understandable, because Edward usually comes around, at least for Bella's sake.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237? Worry, maybe.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other? I thought it was kinda funny actually.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

Hmm?...I didn't think of that. I assume it could be both. He is forbidden to tell many thinks about the werewolves, but he finds his "loopholes", haha. However, I think his pause was more or less because of Bella.

- I'm not a big fan of Jacob, but I'm glad that Edward is accepting that Bella wants Jacob as a friend.

- *grabs her book & reads* Hmm...I think he could have been worried.

- Both are being immature and VERY childish. Edward should know Bella loves him, and does not have any where near that sort of relationship w/ Jacob. He is a loving friend, that's all.
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I thought it was his discomfort with using the world werewolve.

I thought it was likely due to the fact that by him worrying so much about it and creating "rules" about Bella's ability to see Jacob and go to La Push that it was causing a rift between him and Bella. By accepting her friendship, he essentially disolves the issue but I think that he's insanely jealous too.

I think it truly was PANIC. He's worried that she's interested in Jacob.

Typical males...ugh.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

It could be a little of both. I mean maybe he still hasn't excepted his fate and he could also been told not to share certain information to keep Bella safer. Not sure about that one.

I don't think he had much of a choice since she is so determined to go and like he feared; she might end up getting hurt trying to come up with new ways to go see Jacob. Besides I think he could have been thinking of the saying, 'Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer things' maybe. At least he would know that if Bella was with them and she was hurt then he would know who may have been a factor in that and then he might be able to do something about it. Not sure. Just a thought.

Worry maybe; that if Jacob tells Bella what that he is in love with her that maybe she might figure out that she was also in love with him and he might lose her.

Ewww and funny at the same time :lol: . As accentuating their relationships in front of each other; if I was Bella but thought like I do then I would have told both of them that if they could grow up that I was going to ignore them for a while. It would get on my nerves :)
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

Oh, I definitely think its because he's been forbidden to tell Bella that the werewolves have been growing.

I think Edward finally realized that by "forbidding" Bella from seeing Jacob, he was only going to make her run to Jacob even more. Bella's stubborn, and Edward knows that. I think this is especially apparent in later chapters when Edward says he's going to be fighting for her. This is one of the ways he is going to fight for her - by not getting in the way of her friendship with Jacob. Kind of an oxymoron, but a very smart move.

I think he was reading Jacob's thoughts, and hearing how strong Jacob felt about Bella. Also, Jacob's young and immature, and was probably bragging in his head about how much Bella wanted to see him. Kind of like a "na na na na na naaa" haha.

Peeing on her would've been easier. -rolls eyes-
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I think it's genuine. I think he just brought himself to admit that he can't be so protective of Bella that he stops her from doing what she truly wants to do.

I thought it was hilarious, adorable, and very entertaining. Very normal, very human, very *rolls eyes* "BOY."

Image Image