How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: How do you talk?

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

I'm Australian, so have the Aussie accent.
I consider myself well spoken, I don't like the way some Aussies speak. Especially when they can't even pronounce the name of our country correctly!!!
AUST-RAL-IA not AUS-CHRAYL-YA. Argh!
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

by *Lamb*I*Am* on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:59 am

I'm Australian, so have the Aussie accent.
I consider myself well spoken, I don't like the way some Aussies speak. Especially when they can't even pronounce the name of our country correctly!!!
AUST-RAL-IA not AUS-CHRAYL-YA. Argh!
Hahahaha..I agree.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
*Lamb*I*Am*

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

LOL Speaking of....
My neice asked me about AUSCHRAYLYA Day the other day & I turned around & said, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Bogan....try again & this time speak properly".....LOL
The look on her face was priceless, but it made her think & she's being saying it properly since!LOL
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

*Lamb*I*Am* wrote:LOL Speaking of....
My neice asked me about AUSCHRAYLYA Day the other day & I turned around & said, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Bogan....try again & this time speak properly"
That made me LOL!!!!!
Ahh, that's gold!!

Nothing annoys me more than the way most of the kids I know speak. VERY boganish. Is it honestly that hard to pronounce a word properly?
*Lamb*I*Am*

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Yep...makes me wonder what they teach at schools these days...LOL Does that make me sound old? :shock:
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I tend to st-st-stutter and st-st-stammer when I'm having trouble finding the right words to say. I also tend to get louder and louder gradually as I talk. :?

*Wanderer*
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Well, I'm pretty strange. I'm 13 and I have one of the "larger" vocabularies in my district. I say nuisance and everyone in the classroom will just turn their heads, What does a rooster have to do with this? it to the same side, and say "WTF?!" haha. I love making people confused because I have a large vocabulary. Some girl in my English class doesn't even know what the Doppler Effect is...how sad. I'm also in Texas but I've lived all around the world. Born in Japan, raised everywhere else. That's what sucks about having a parent in the military. But, while in Hawaii, I don't say flip-flops. I call them slippers. I get tortured because of that. Personally, I hate it when people say things like, "ur da dumest prsn iv evr met." or my all-time favourite, "OMFG u da bigst lozr in da wrld cuz u dnt kno wat i go thru evry day. u ned 2 stfu n dump dat atitud down wit ur lif!" Yeah, only got that once XD. But still, who types like that?! There's a huge keyboard, vowels and consonants there FOR A REASON!! I spell color, colour, fairy, faerie, favorite, favourite, honor, honour, etc. my teachers don't like that haha.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I talk kiwi, bro!
I'm assuming I have a New Zealand accent, but I don't really notice it. I'm also assuming our slang is different from slang in other countries, but I've only been across the ditch to Oz so I can't really compare.
xblgirl wrote:I'm 13 and I have one of the "larger" vocabularies in my district.

Same! I read a lot of books, old-fashioned ones too, which probably helped.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

addictedbooklover wrote:
xblgirl wrote:I'm 13 and I have one of the "larger" vocabularies in my district.

Same! I read a lot of books, old-fashioned ones too, which probably helped.
lol, me too!!! I'm a complete book worm. But I read newer books. Old books don't exactly strike me well, unless you want me to fall asleep, the presence of one just makes me a little drowsy. But you gotta admit, there are those few old books that just bore you to death, and there are those that make you happy inside : ) and there are those that are just classics.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Wow.. how do I talk lol??

Well, like a Floridian?! I have been told I talk like a New Yorker.. but that doesnt make any sense. I DO NOT! But I have been there a lot.. Grandparents.

I say y'all! Its the best..

Hmm.. I talk like I write. Just, I dont say Hmm as much lol.

Speak my mind :)!