What are you reading?

kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What are you reading?

Post by kimmyBEE »

I'm not exactly giving up on Pride and Prejudice, but I'm going to read it at a slower pace than I usually read. Because I didn't read it at all yesterday and when I looked at it today I was so confused.

Also, I'm going to start My Sister's Keeper.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Yay! A new what are you reading thred! :D
Well I finished reading the gossip girl prequel so I think im going to start something new later. I fancy something about vampires. Maybe marked the first house of night book? hmm *ponders*
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I just started 'Enchanted. Inc.' by Shanna Swendson.

Then I'll probably start 'pretty little liars' series somewhere this weekend/next week. And I ordered in the 'Gemma Doyle' thrilogy by Libba Bray.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

So I finally decided to give in and read Breaking Dawn. Ill never understood why Edward bit those pillows. :P
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I have tried to read The Lovely Bones and couldn't do it. Since I got it from the library, it took me so long to get through each section, let alone the chapter, I turned it back it. It's almost too emotional for me to read, especially during winter when everything is cold and grey...it was just too much for me. Currently I'm in the middle of the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Keynon and I'm reading an anthology called Fantasy.

If you want something good and a little less emotional, have you tried The Time Traveler's Wife? It's really good.

I liked Eragon for the story and mythology. The writing and flow shows the greenness of the author, but if the story wasn't engaging, I wouldn't have read it. I enjoyed the story, but I will say it has its slow parts. Again, I haven't gotten to Brisinger yet, but I will.

Great Expectations is one of my all time favorite books, up there with Where the Red Fern Grows and Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Great Gasby and Heart of Darkness. All except for P&P were school reading. I find it interesting how some of the required reading is obvious in why it is chosen and required while others I have NO idea why it is. It's even more interesting to see what books are popular and which ones aren't.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ariake76
Wandering Through Town

Post by ariake76 »

una wrote: Great Expectations is one of my all time favorite books, up there with Where the Red Fern Grows and Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Great Gasby and Heart of Darkness. All except for P&P were school reading. I find it interesting how some of the required reading is obvious in why it is chosen and required while others I have NO idea why it is. It's even more interesting to see what books are popular and which ones aren't.
Thanks for your thoughts on Eragon. I'll have to take a look at The Time Traveler's Wife.

I loved The Great Gatsby too and had to read it for school. Heart of Darkness I wasn't as wild about but wow, did it ever help when I took lit classes in college. Apparently writers love to write books based off Heart of Darkness and professors are wild about teaching them. My final semester we literally read three books in one class that were all supposedly inspired by it. If you skip past the dull first chapter, The Scarlet Letter is actually a spectacular novel. It's all about illicit sex and overcoming desires and self-mutilation and hypocrisy. At the time it was a really shocking story.
Yes, my husband's last two names really are Edward Coleman. But his first name is Mike.
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

I"m reading Q&A by Vikas Swarup, the book that the movie Slumdog Millionaire was based on. Actually, they've republished it under the title Slumdog Millionaire for the sake of marketing, but I really wish they hadn't. It is so completely and utterly different from the movie that I feel like it deserves its own separate identity. I'm about 100 pages in and so far only one thing has been remotely close to being the same as the movie. But it's still a good book, although at this point I'm liking the movie a lot more.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I am reading.. a lot of Robert Cormier books. I like him a lot and his books are good. Lois Duncan..

Eragon- I love those books. I am waiting for the 4th! It was just added on.. was supposed to be a trilogy :).

Lol, and I read these books called Percy Jackson and the Olympians.. I guess they are young adult, they were good. Probably because I love Greek mythology so I found the made up stories in the books funny.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

una wrote:I have tried to read The Lovely Bones and couldn't do it. Since I got it from the library, it took me so long to get through each section, let alone the chapter, I turned it back it. It's almost too emotional for me to read, especially during winter when everything is cold and grey...it was just too much for me.
Yeah, I was in the middle of reading that too. I just got mad cause they really weren't finding out who killed her. But I didn't really get a chance to finish it because...well...my sister decides to come over one day and shove a wonder book called "Twilight" in my face. ;)
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just finished reading a book called The Shadow in the Wind...it was a very good read...

I also reread Sense and Sensibility...

I am about to start the Black Dagger Brotherhood which I know nothing about but have heard so many people mention on here that I was intrigued :)

Oh, and I am also waiting for the next book in the Dark Hunter series to come out on Feb 3rd...

Thank you Naureen!!