People who stare

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Re: People who stare

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Haha, Muffin, I do that, too!

My sister stares a lot, it's creepy because her mouth sometimes hangs open when she does it, and it makes me want to slap her (WOW, I'm a great sister! LOL)

People tend to stare at me, I never understood why. It freaks me out. My mother told me that it's because I walk around with a look on my face that says I think I'm better than everyone else, I don't think that I do, but according to my friends I do... :?
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

I hate it when people stare, it makes me so paranoid like I have to get out my mirror and look to see if I have something on my face. When people stare at me I always think that they must know something that I don't or that I must look particuarly dumb and hideous. It's usually people in cars when I'm walking along. I think it's one of my pet hates, lol.

But saying that, I stare sometimes. I mean I think I do it quite subtley but if I find someone interesting or I like what they're wearing or I spot an attractive guy, I do glance over a couple of times.
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

I was in the airport waiting to get on my plane and I was reading Breaking Dawn. This guy across me was staring at me. He was kinda cute; short but cute =D He dressed nice ;) But he just kept staring so I stared back. Then I went back to reading ( I was preoccupied for a while ) Then I looked up after about 30 minutes and he was still staring. It got uncomfortable after a while. In my mind I was like "Dude, stop looking at me." He would look away once in a while if I ever look up which I didn't do often because I needed to finish Breaking Dawn =D. But still. A little uncomfortable.

On another note, this lady was talking to someone on the phone ( same airport ). She was like "Breaking Dawn came out. This girl across from me is half way done." She caught my attention. This was a day or two after the release. Anyway I looked up at her and she waved and smiled at me and I smile back. I was like "Hmm weird".
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

my sister is always staring at ppl and she can get away with it when she has sunglasses on but i have to remind her when shes taken them off....

and no its not stalker like staring....just kinda funny...she likes to make ppl laugh if that makes sense
JustHuman
Wandering Through Town

Post by JustHuman »

Staring used to bother me, but now I do weird stuff when people stare.
Like if were on a bus I lean over and start pretending to pick out my friends ear or something. The look on peoples faces are priceless
'In Love With All Of These Vampires
So You Can Leave Like The Sane Abandoned Me'
- My Chemical Romance
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

Staring doesnt bother me unless it is one of those very annoying long stares. Once a girl stared at me like I was a freak, and I pulled out my cellphone and took a picture of myself, and handed it to her.
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

When people stare at me...I tend to make really unattractive faces back at them....or just stare back.
Hahaha.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

yea staring back usually makes ppl back off...ya i think most of the times its just ppl spacing out and they dont realize what theyre doing
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

Muffin wrote:Oh god, by the way it sounds I'm gonna get pelted for saying this... but

I stare

*Hides*

However in my defence I don't stare at people. I just stare at nothing. I blank out sometimes, or when I'm thinking. And I just stare. Which freaks my friends out, and I end up having to apolgize to complete strangers. I'm honestly not staring at them, I'm just thinking.
I find myself in the same situation sometimes. lol I've had moments when I'll be riding the train and i'll stare at a poster above an empty seat to the point when i don't realize someone has sat down and then i end up realizing that i'm staring at a complete stranger. Personally, it's quite embarrassing. :oops: It once worked to my advantage though...before i ever spoke or knew my boyfriend, we had a moment on campus when i was listening to my friend's story and spaced out...before i could realize it i was staring at a guy, i looked away but then notice he was staring back at me too, i smiled at him and he smiled back. Couple of days later i ended up finding him on myspace through our college network :D and the rest was history, we've been together for three years<3

However...i really do get irritated when people do the "obvious" stare, you can tell they're not spacing out because they stare, look up and down, and back to stare. I think it even bothers me even more now, after having read Twilight, Port Angeles, when Edward saves Bella from the group of bad men. When i find men staring at me, i wonder what the "hell" could they be thinking?!! it makes me sick to even think about it, so i make a disgusted face....and then i wish i had Edward to protect me. lol
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I get really uncomfortable when people stare at me... this girl in my lit. class this year was in my 7th grade class then she switched to home school in 8th and 9th now she's back, and all through lit. she was staring at me i was like "uh hi.." and she said "hi" and I went back to my reading then I look up later and she was still staring
so I figured maybe she was trying to remember who I am..?? I don't know it was kind of weird

but I guess I shouldn't be talking because I tend to stare all the time not at anyone in particular though I just stare into space and blank out
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.