Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

It seems like Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz has also warmed up to the possibility of Dakota Fanning being casted for the part of Jane.

More at this link: http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/01/lut ... nning-too/
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
AtomicStar
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AtomicStar »

Lunna-san wrote:I don't normally post over here...I'm usually on other sections of the board, but people over here seem a bit more hostile...hmm. :?

We are just debating the options, AtomicStar. I'm sorry if we sound hostile. I'm sure it wasn't anyone's intentions. I think Taye Diggs is a beatiful man, but I don't see him as Demetri or Felix.

I do recall reading somewhere that Joaquin Phoenix quit on his actor carrer to be.... rapper. :shock: you know, like Eminen. :!:

Well, this is the guys I imagine as the Volturi Coven:

Aro: Ben Barnes
Caius: Paul Bettany
Marcus: Oliver Martinez
Hi Lunna-san...and thank you. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone over here was hostile, so my apologies. There were just a couple of people who responded in a way that was a bit...well, rude. I'm all for debating the options...just don't try to make me look like an idiot in the process, ya know? (like I felt those people did....) :roll:

Have a good weekend!
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxlacantantexx »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
xxlacantantexx wrote: Taye Diggs- a bad choice is won't be able to have onion skin and ughh he's BALD-maybe you need to go back to the descriptions of the Volturi
Only the Volturi Coven - Aro, Marcus, and Caius - have onion skin. The guard is active and has normal vampire skin, which is smooth, hard, and free of imperfections.
Full Name: Felix

Date of Birth:

Originally from: Volterra, Italy

Hair color: Black (NM20)

Eye color: Vampire burgundy

Height:

Physical description: Bella describes him as "very big, tall and thick" and observes that his size reminds her of Emmett. (NM20) Olive complexion which looks odd combined with his chalky pallor. Hair cropped short. (NM20)

And like i said before, Taye Diggs can't play Felix cause he doesn't fit the part physically AT all, and no amount of makeup or CGI will fix that.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything...
Full Name: Laurent

Date of Birth: 1755 (?) (TW19)

Hair color: Black

Physical description: The most beautiful of James’ coven, pale olive-toned skin, glossy hair, medium build, hard muscled. (TW18)

Edi Gathegi doesn't exactly fit that description, but that didn't stop him from being cast as Laurent. I'm not saying I want Taye Diggs as Felix because I don't, but his hair and skin wouldn't be a very big deal.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
AtomicStar
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AtomicStar »

Exactly Who_needs_fangs! You said exactly what I tried to earlier. If we want to get technical, there are certain things that weren't accurate with the actors in the first film. For example, Emmett's hair was curly in the book. (see page 18 of Twilight...it says, "Of the three boys, one was big - muscled like a serious weight lifter, with dark, curly hair." Ashley Greene was much taller than Alice was in the books and Alice had hair that was "deep black, cropped short and pointing in every direction." (also on page 18) I mean, honestly...I hope you're not counting on Summit to find someone with onion white skin and glowing red eyes. I think you'd be really disappointed.
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

Is it just me or does James Hetfield look like a class Demetri?I know he's not an actor but still.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

I can see Paul Bettany as Aro. I always imagined him long, lean, pale and blond. I don't know why, but I think he is the only blond of the Volturi men. I can see him being very jovial when needed (think A Knight's Tale), and we know he can look and be very "bad guy"/fierce/dark/ intense, from the Da Vinci Code and The Secret Life of Bees.....Oooooh, he already knows Dakota!! :D Yup! He is my Aro pick!!! I see Ben Barnes as one of the other Volturi men....I am not sure who yet.
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxlacantantexx »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I'm not trying to start an argument or anything...
Full Name: Laurent

Date of Birth: 1755 (?) (TW19)

Hair color: Black

Physical description: The most beautiful of James’ coven, pale olive-toned skin, glossy hair, medium build, hard muscled. (TW18)

Edi Gathegi doesn't exactly fit that description, but that didn't stop him from being cast as Laurent. I'm not saying I want Taye Diggs as Felix because I don't, but his hair and skin wouldn't be a very big deal.
I get what your saying and no AtomicStar I won't be disappoint because theres no one that looks like that but still Taye Diggs doesn't fit as in body type and why would we want to settle on Diggs when we can find better. I don't care about his hair or skin but if everyones so set on listing people that "fit" physical descriptions, excuse me for stating my opinion.
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

well alice is supposed to be 4'10 but i think ashley greene is 5'5 or something like that. just saying.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

Edi has grown on me, but I picture someone Brazilian as Laurent....like this guy:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... =11a8q30as