General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Pronounciation Key

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I have trouble with the Amazon vamps names. Zafrina, Senna, and Kachiri Still do. I think Zafrina is Za-free-na.
Senna is like zee-na. But i have no idea how to pronounce Kachiri. But am I right about the other two?
Next I want to make sure I am saying Kebi right. Is it Keh-bee?
And is Makenna pronounced with a long e or a sound like in mEgan?

Also the different type of vampires. When Bella is looking on the internet about the types of vamps in vampires a-z. I need those.

Thanks
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

spiritwolf32 wrote:I have trouble with the Amazon vamps names. Zafrina, Senna, and Kachiri Still do. I think Zafrina is Za-free-na.
Senna is like zee-na. But i have no idea how to pronounce Kachiri. But am I right about the other two?
Next I want to make sure I am saying Kebi right. Is it Keh-bee?
And is Makenna pronounced with a long e or a sound like in mEgan?

Also the different type of vampires. When Bella is looking on the internet about the types of vamps in vampires a-z. I need those.

Thanks
I always figured that Kachiri was pronounced Kah-sheer-ree. Makenna is pronounced with a long e.
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

ok i kind of skimmed through some of the pages, and these are how I have been pronouncing the names:

Siobhan= shi-VOHN (short i as in "win")--> I actually know someone named Siobhan lol
Nahuel= na-HOO-ull --> just guessing
La Tua Cantante= La TOO-ah can-TAHN-tay --> I am Italian, so I know lol
Kachiri= kuh-CHEER-ee --> again, just the way I have been saying it, just my guess
Zafrina= za-FREE-nah --> guessing
Senna= SE-nah (short E as in "eggs")--> guessing
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

I think Kachiri will pronounce like in Japan :o Ka-chi-ri .

I have a problem with Carlisle too , At first I pronounced it Car-lis ( "lis" like "list" ) but after the Twilight Movie , Alice said "Car-lis" , I happy that I'm a bit right ...
Vampires R Us
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampires R Us »

I always pronounced Carlisle Car-lis-lay (short i) Until I saw the movie, where it's pronounced Car-lile. And I just pronounced Aro with a long a.
When you live forever, what can you live for?
when_the_sun_shines
Wandering Through Town
Location: Helping Emmett shop for new lift kits for the Jeep!

Post by when_the_sun_shines »

I always thought of Siobhan being pronounced as "Sho-ban" because my dad, whose nanny was from Ireland has a friend named Siobhan and has always called her "Sho-ban". Also, I know for a fact that it means "God Is Gracious". Actually it is pronounced "Shih-VON" or "Shih-WAN." Sorry, I get confused, and maybe I was just hearing things with the friend's name. And it is a form of Joan.
Also, my friend ruined Renee, Esme, Renesmee, Emmett, Rosalie, and Carlisle for me. In order, she says: Rai-ny, Ezz-mee, Ren-us-mee, Emmelt (she misread it once and never got over it), Ross-uh-ly, and Car-lizz-le. :evil:
[»] Bex [«]

To Write LOVE On Her Arms
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

hahah
I still pronounce Aro as Air-O. lol
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Sigh - o -ban was how I always said Siobhan.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
naravyn
Settled in Forks

Post by naravyn »

I actually said most things right. That surprised me alot :lol:

I KNEW Siobann was pronounced Shi-van but is still pronounced it wrong in my head, Sie o ban is how i say it in my head for some reason.

and Quilette I pronounced horribly wrong, and I still don't know how my brain came up with the pronunciation I was using. Quay loot was how i pronounced it lol

Carlise I had right, and Esme, I pronounced Esmayee I used both the long a and the long e sound when pronouncing it, which I think is how its described as right. Aro I actually thought Ahrow and I don't remember how my brain formatted the Amazon names when I read the book, but I think they were mostly phonetically or in a way that seemed to sound right.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I got most of them right,and Aro is a Maori word too so I know how to pronounce his name! :D
But I heard Renesmee being called Ree-nez-me (as in the word me) which I thought was strange because Bella said Ruh-nez-may or somehting like that in Breaking Dawn.
With Nahuel I always said 'Nah-hwell' for some reason, sort of rolling it around.
Another thing I got wrong was Quil's last name, Ateara. I've been saying it 'Ah-ta-ray-a' :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D