Don't get me wrong, i really do love the twilight series, but this book was reall out of the story line for me. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse ran in a straight line, right down the line , oh we'll call it B. So first three books ran straight down line B, but breaking dawn was all over the board! K, M, D, F, E, X, Z, R!! i agree with previous posts, that it seems very rushed.
HUGEST MAIN PROBLEM:: Read like a fanfic. totally. you know it. don't deny it.
1. I think that the deep emotions and converstations that we loved and cherished within the first three are gone. I mean, think about it. TWILIGHT!: the huge emotion of first love, constant talking and learning about each other and working together and wonderful moments of deep thought. NEW MOON!: the pain, i mean, that was great to read through (the first and second time), and the intense emotion of how much she missed him, the love she felt, the constant self communication, arguing with herself, the complex emotion of what she felt for jacob and how much she could let her self feel?? ECLIPSE!!: do i even have to explain this one? The imense love for the Cullens, the pack, Jacob, Edward. Worry of the fight, extreme anxiety for Charlie, the complex process of preparing to leave her human life forever...... she thought deeply almost throughout the whole book. she Felt deeply too, again, almost the whole thing. Characters where having very important convos throughout the WHOLE book!!! and..... then.... Breaking Dawn. In the beginning it was good, the whole wedding thing, the feelings the worries the love the wonder the beauty of it all.... then it hit the aftermath and went downhill fast. I mean, totally not the bella we know. Where were the deep thoughts? Where were the hugely interesting mind blowing converstations? COME ON!
2. DRINKING BLOOD? come on!! so.... so.... SO FANFIC. I don't even need to jump into that, do i? Is it really neccesary?
3. The whole imprinting thing. Thinking of Jacob and Bella's love for eachother, thinking of the way that she realized that she loved him in the clearing in Eclipse..... sickening. Worth screaming over (which as i may point out, i did. a lot.) laughable, depressing. So, like, ta da? It's done? That is just the way that Jacob was cleared up. Little character growth (showd some as far as Leah is conscerned), he just BANG fell in love. didn't have to work to get over his immense love for Bella..... just, 'oh, there you go. It's fixed, right? ' Not to be rude to Stephenie Meyer, I Totally LOVE HER. but come on! I thought that she would have given one of her very favorite characters more than that.
4. We got no deep insight from the cullens. Like, hardly any. No deep and long conversations on how things were going or how they wanted them to go.... They totally changed. From serious and concentrated (and a bit of fun) to silly, crazy even. To ... i wish i could escape from saying this, but it is just FANFIC. i swear, i read one that the characters were running around, joking on eachother, being immature.... and I was appauled when i read that in breaking dawn.
5. Reneesme the name, and the person. Bella shouldb't be allowed to name a fish after what happened in Breaking Dawn, much less a child. She sort of, like, fixed everything? Is that the word i want? No, she didn't. She totally messed up Edward and Bella's relationship, it wasn't the intense and beautiful thing that it had once been. It was..... dare i say? boring. Nothing new and interesting to think over there. Just the weird change that we couldn't connect to anymore.
6. The whole "I'm going against the whole book of vampire laws of nature, and skipping the newborn phase." TOTALLY JUST SKIP IT? talk about an easy way out.......
7. Everything just tied up into a happy bow at the end. The only problem was leaving Renee out of the loop. I feel that that was not explained and talked about enough by Bella's thoughts and feeling. She was NEVER going to get to spend time with her mother like she would with her dad. She had to leave her mother in a depression because she died, or confused because nothing Charlie said was making sense...... Bella didn't seem to upset about THAT. Charlie seeing Jacob phase- "Oh, yeah, sure, i knew you were weird, and now that i have the chance to see the extent of that, i'm just going to pretend that bells isn't some creepy thing that isn't my daughter, with a child that i just know is not her new neice in law. Pregnant in some bizarre happening? No... no... i'll just avoid thinking about that." UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
quite a few other things, that i'm not going to delve into, cuz it's long enough already, but am i the only one that these things bothered?
OH, i did LOVE meeting all the Cullen friends. they are sooo interesting!!