Twilight Guys

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby CantBreathe » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get my boyfriend to read the series?
He's not a huge reader, but I think he would like them if he gave them a chance, and I would looove for him to learn from them! :D
I ran it by him once and was shot down (but not ready to give up) Maybe you guys have some good points I can bring up to aid my argument?
Image
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
User avatar
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: La La Land

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Calicoxx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 pm

CantBreathe wrote:Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get my boyfriend to read the series?
He's not a huge reader, but I think he would like them if he gave them a chance, and I would looove for him to learn from them! :D
I ran it by him once and was shot down (but not ready to give up) Maybe you guys have some good points I can bring up to aid my argument?


Talk about it.

All the time.

Not obsessively, but enough to get him interested, or at least read them so he'll have at least a clue as to what you are talking about.


Myself, I started reading them because they were books that were there, and the title looked fairly interesting. Here I am, a twiguy. Still a bit on the shy side about it, but I'm pretty introverted anyways. =P
Image
Peace, love, always and forever.
User avatar
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Tamalyn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:39 am

CantBreathe wrote:Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get my boyfriend to read the series?
He's not a huge reader, but I think he would like them if he gave them a chance, and I would looove for him to learn from them! :D
I ran it by him once and was shot down (but not ready to give up) Maybe you guys have some good points I can bring up to aid my argument?



Hey, I'm not a Twiguy, but when one of my guy friends heard how Eclipse made me all blushy, bothered, & swoony, it piqued his interest in the series.

Ha ha, he loves the series now, but I think he went into it assuming that it was a whole different kind of genre.

Also, you could use a compromise method. Say, if your guy wants you to watch a sports game with you that you don't feel like watching, you could counter with, "Sure, I'll do it - if you read Chapters 1-5 with me later." or something of the sort.
User avatar
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Idaho. So Glam.

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby AgentCross » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:45 am

Yeah, I just got my brother to read it. He says he loves it.
Image
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
User avatar
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Lakewood, California

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Nightvision » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey Twi guys. I'm Nightvision a guy also.

Alright have you guys gotten any flack like myself for reading the Twilight series?
Image
User avatar
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: In the woods with the pack thinking of Bella

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Lost Cullen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:07 am

Hey nightvision, good to have you here.
personally i haven't had any "flack" for reading twilight, but i think that might be due to the fact that any guy telling me that would probably be afraid of me feeding on them them :twisted: (haha sorry) but really some girls at school just stare at me weird for reading twilight (which does get kind of anoying) but its really nothing. i personally think you have the right to read whatever you want and be proud of it, and remember if someone picks at you for reading twilight its either because they haven't read it themselves or they just don't read. Either way they are not good enough for you to pay attention to them.
Lost Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Trying to keep it vegeterian in California

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Twilight<3 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:26 pm

So I was talking to some people yesterday and this guy said something about Pride and Prejudice but he said he hasn't actually read it. So then someone says "I was going to say... that's kind of girly." And then I kind of jumped on her and was like "That's so sexist. Who's to say what he can read and what not to read. He can read what he pleases and you shouldn't judge him for that." So, I think this goes along the same lines as Twilight. My brother saw the movie Pride and Prejudice ten times in one week when he first saw it. He loved it but he's not gay. I hate people who judge people by what they read or watch. Guys should be able to read Twilight and not get crap about it. It's just ridiculous. So congratulations to all the guys on here that has read the series or another so-called "girly" series.
Image
User avatar
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby CantBreathe » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Thank you both, Calico and Tamalyn, for your input. I am reading them through for the second time now, which he has teased me about a couple times, so I am hoping his curiosity will get the best of him. I'll definitely try the compromise method as well, or threaten him if I have to... force it upon him. :lol:
As for guys getting flack for reading Twilight- I am assuming this is from other guys and not girls, because I feel any girl in her right mind would love a guy for reading the books. On that note, the guys should eventually see the other side when the girls are all fawning over the Twiguys ;)
Image
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
User avatar
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: La La Land

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Tamalyn » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 am

Twilight<3 wrote:So I was talking to some people yesterday and this guy said something about Pride and Prejudice but he said he hasn't actually read it. So then someone says "I was going to say... that's kind of girly." And then I kind of jumped on her and was like "That's so sexist. Who's to say what he can read and what not to read. He can read what he pleases and you shouldn't judge him for that." So, I think this goes along the same lines as Twilight. My brother saw the movie Pride and Prejudice ten times in one week when he first saw it. He loved it but he's not gay. I hate people who judge people by what they read or watch. Guys should be able to read Twilight and not get crap about it. It's just ridiculous. So congratulations to all the guys on here that has read the series or another so-called "girly" series.



Good for you! That really irks me as well - when people(mainly clueless guys) assume that just because a guy likes something that is identified by pop culture as being 'feminine' (whether it's literature or movies or music or whatever) it must mean that he is less masculine. Personally? I think all of the flack like that stems from envy and insecurity. Being able to connect with a guy over books is HOT! It goes so much deeper than small talk, and is a great icebreaker on a date.

CantBreathe wrote:As for guys getting flack for reading Twilight- I am assuming this is from other guys and not girls, because I feel any girl in her right mind would love a guy for reading the books. On that note, the guys should eventually see the other side when the girls are all fawning over the Twiguys ;)


Totally Amen to that! When my guyfriend read it, it upped his attractive-points like, twentyfold.
User avatar
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Idaho. So Glam.

Re: Twilight Guys

Postby Wolf Boy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:10 pm

You know what since i opened myself up to the twilight universe, I have had a lot more fun at work, I bartend on broadway, at a theatre and thats how I got into reading the books, because we open before the show starts but when the show starts at 8pm we usally have an hour do what we want before intermission, and everyone i work with is young aspiring actors,dancers,singers, well while we were on break a couple of the girls were reading eclipse, and talking about vampires and stuff, and I got interested in why all these pretty girls were gushing over this book, so they filled me in , and they were like please read the first one, so we can talk with you about it, I read all the time so I was like sure, and I love supernatural stuff, so I did and got hooked and it become this really cool way to really get to know the girls I work with better, plus we all had inside jokes from the series, if I did something sweet, they would call me Edward, and if I was a jerk, they call me jake , LOL. Plus a few girls became interested in me, ;) and I wonder if twilight didn't have a little something to do with it. But i will say my much holder house manager, Loves giving me a hard time about it, becuase his daughter loves the series so he knows about them, so everytime he sees me reading he asks if he should recommend the book im reading to his 17 year old daughter since we have the same taste in books..
I will Always be waiting in the wings
User avatar
Wolf Boy
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: The BIG APPLE

PreviousNext

Return to The Cullen Basement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron