Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by t_feva »

Sleepwalker wrote:I don't understand, wasn't Sam part native American? Why throw him out of NM?
he is native american. i'm assuming the studio is being more "hollywood" and might wanna cast better looking actors for the wolf pack. check this article
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/02/nat ... -uley-out/

its pretty ridiculous. i think if katherine was still directing she wouldnt be replacing solomon. if they put crapon(copon) in (what he calls Twilight 2) NM, i will grab my pitchfork.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

xblgirl wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
xblgirl wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
xblgirl wrote:I think that Jodelle would be better than Annasophia, personally. She has that eerie angel look. idk haha. I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA, lol, yeah I got what you mean. I agree. It's like she puts too much of herself in any character she plays, not the character. She ultimately sucks at her acting nowadays. It makes me mad that she's just a signature away.

Totally agree, i just don't understand why they would want her anyway? Yes she is a good actress, and i respect that, but she doesn't fit the character at all, well in my point of view she doesn't.
Im gonna loose all faith in the movie and in Chris, (I'll hate him for a long time) when Dakota signs.
Mhm. Maybe they should really rethink their choices. I get so mad when I find out that the cast wants her there. At least one of them don't like her! I mean GOODNESS!!! I don't think she is anywhere close to Jane and she'll completely ruin the movie. I must say that Summit is really screwing themselves if they cast Dakota. They won't lose much business because it is still New Moon and Eclipse so, the fans want to watch the movie. I'm just afraid that Dakota will make everyone mad. Hopefully, if she does get the part, she will get lots of bad reviews :twisted: :lol:

Same, when i heard that some of the cast didn't mind her i was like "no, no!"
Which one of the cast don't like her??
Me and my friends have a plan, when she comes on screen (in the movies), were gonna boo her :P
But hopefully she'll do a good job. but i really don't want her to be jane, like really don't want her, and i think alot of people are sick of her, because there is always news about her being jane, and its the same thing over again, people are getting annoyed!
Oh! Brilliant plan haaha. No, I meant that there has to be at least one person that's sick of her, I don't know of there is though. Yeah, I read that Peter Facinelli liked her and my friend and I are like, "WTF!? NO!!! NO!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART! DANG IT CARLISLE WOULDN'Y LIKE HER!! GOSH!" haha. We literally went on as many Twilight websites and booed Dakota. We got people mad at us XD. Dude, I will throw popcorn at the screen and my icee at the person who's happy about her being in the movie >:D. Brilliant plan lol. Maybe she should just drop it...that's a wonderful idea

:lol: i see were you are coming from...

And i don't understand, i wasted $15 to see Twilight, because all the girls were screaming there heads of every 2 minutes!!
So i don't care if i have to boo Dakota, everyone will probably scream in the movie anyway.
Besides, of course I'll see if she is a good jane first, but right now, for me, shes not!!
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

DumBumm wrote:
xblgirl wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
xblgirl wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
xblgirl wrote:I think that Jodelle would be better than Annasophia, personally. She has that eerie angel look. idk haha. I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA, lol, yeah I got what you mean. I agree. It's like she puts too much of herself in any character she plays, not the character. She ultimately sucks at her acting nowadays. It makes me mad that she's just a signature away.

Totally agree, i just don't understand why they would want her anyway? Yes she is a good actress, and i respect that, but she doesn't fit the character at all, well in my point of view she doesn't.
Im gonna loose all faith in the movie and in Chris, (I'll hate him for a long time) when Dakota signs.
Mhm. Maybe they should really rethink their choices. I get so mad when I find out that the cast wants her there. At least one of them don't like her! I mean GOODNESS!!! I don't think she is anywhere close to Jane and she'll completely ruin the movie. I must say that Summit is really screwing themselves if they cast Dakota. They won't lose much business because it is still New Moon and Eclipse so, the fans want to watch the movie. I'm just afraid that Dakota will make everyone mad. Hopefully, if she does get the part, she will get lots of bad reviews :twisted: :lol:

Same, when i heard that some of the cast didn't mind her i was like "no, no!"
Which one of the cast don't like her??
Me and my friends have a plan, when she comes on screen (in the movies), were gonna boo her :P
But hopefully she'll do a good job. but i really don't want her to be jane, like really don't want her, and i think alot of people are sick of her, because there is always news about her being jane, and its the same thing over again, people are getting annoyed!
Oh! Brilliant plan haaha. No, I meant that there has to be at least one person that's sick of her, I don't know of there is though. Yeah, I read that Peter Facinelli liked her and my friend and I are like, "WTF!? NO!!! NO!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SMART! DANG IT CARLISLE WOULDN'Y LIKE HER!! GOSH!" haha. We literally went on as many Twilight websites and booed Dakota. We got people mad at us XD. Dude, I will throw popcorn at the screen and my icee at the person who's happy about her being in the movie >:D. Brilliant plan lol. Maybe she should just drop it...that's a wonderful idea

:lol: i see were you are coming from...

And i don't understand, i wasted $15 to see Twilight, because all the girls were screaming there heads of every 2 minutes!!
So i don't care if i have to boo Dakota, everyone will probably scream in the movie anyway.
Besides, of course I'll see if she is a good jane first, but right now, for me, shes not!!
15 bucks? I spent 7...lol. Well the guy next to me shut them up :) Temporarily that is. I will have more of an opinion when the movie comes out, depending on if she gets the part or not. So far, I hate her. If she screws up Jane, out come the pitchforks...
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

^^^ :lol: :lol: pitchforks...
I live in Aus, and i went and saw it in G-max, and i brought it off line, so it did cost a fare bit... the only good thing about that day was i brought a Nightmare Before Christmas, Christmas stocking, jack has a big head on it.
But yes i really hope she doesn't screw it up, well, with her being 15, she's already screwed it up!
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

shortstuff wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
shortstuff wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
lauren00 wrote:Sam: ahh, solomon trimble would be a great cast for him.
I love Solomon but... did you see:

"However, in a film with such a strong Native American theme, only two actors of Native American decent were hired. But due to reasons unknown, Solomon Trimble (Apache) who played and established the character of Sam Uley, has suddenly lost his role.

Sam Uley’s character has been re-posted onto the Hollywood-casting breakdown, and it is obvious that Hollywood is now looking for a more marketable teen heartthrob celebrity actor to play the more substantial and very desirable part."

I'll be so sad not to see Solomon in NM - seriously, if Taylor can beef up to realistically pull off a werewolf Jacob, then Solomon should be included somewhere - even if it's maybe as Quil or Paul or even Seth!

I think there needs to be a Team Solomon! Who wants an avatar?!
honestly i didnt see solomon as Sam, but i think he would be good as one of the other werewolves.
I thought he did a good job in the movie but was just so impressed with his commitment - i.e. learning Quileute and writing that amazing poem for Emily, etc. I can see how they might want someone different for NM but would be heart-broken if he was just cast aside all together - wouldn't you?
yes i know what you mean. its not so much that i think he is perfect for the part or anything, but it would just suck for him to be shut out of the rest of the movies. thats kinda how i felt about taylor... its not like i thought he was so amazing as jacob.. i just felt really bad if he would be replaced, considering how excited he was about being in new moon..

also, about soloman.. i always wondered why they would make him Sam in the twilight movie (especially if they were going to recast him).. it would have made more sense to have him be Quil since Quil and Embry are the ones who are jacobs friends, not sam...
Exactly! It'd be so wrong to dismiss him for any part in NM - especially after all he did to help Taylor and the fact that he was so committed to the project.
But, it would've made much more sense to say he was Quil - it's not like they're wolves yet, with the long hair and everything - that way, bringing him back as one of the pack would be far simpler.
I'm seriously starting a Team Solomon - please share: www.myspace.com/team_solomon - to try and help keep him from being over-looked in place of more "money making" names - like they need it at this point?!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

Yeah it never really made since to me why they made him Sam, because Sam doesn't hang out with Jacob. Quil and Embry do. If he was one of them then they wouldn't have this big problem. I do think that Sam needs to be bigger than Jacob(Taylor) Because he is supposed to be the first one to turn and there for the oldest and biggest at least for a little while. I still do think that it wrong, if its, true, that they are not looking for real native Americans. I mean they are a wolf pack not models, and personally I want them to look rustic.

I don't think that Dakota is the right Jane, but since she is sooooo close to getting the role I am trying to accept her. I think that once we start seeing the trailers and interviews with her looking like a vampire we will be able to tell if they did the right thing by choosing her.
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I think you have the right idea. I mean how many people were upset about Rob playing Edward? Today on GMA Dakota did say that she was a fan of the books, so that means, hopefully, she understands what so many people think about the Twilight Saga. I don't have a lot of experience in acting or anything so I dont really have a great idea of who could play jane. But I applaud your tolerance. :D
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

clark415 wrote:I would love to see Irene Bedard play in it, maybe as Emily.

side note: I wonder how she'd look with those scars on here face???? (thinking)
she's like 40 something. i think she's too old for Emily!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
.La.Tua.Cantante.
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by .La.Tua.Cantante. »

This is the cast I would like to see for New Moon.
I feel much stronger about some than others.
Leah, for example, is one of my favorite characters. I would really love to see Genevieve Cortese cast as Leah. Shes got the perfect look and shes an amazing actress. Not to mention, anyone who has seen Wildfire know shes got the bitter, smart-Why are we talking about a donkey? thing mastered.
Also, I know Solomon Trimble was meant to be Sam Uley in Twilight, but it hasn't been confirmed if he'll continue with that role in New Moon. I have nothing against him, I just can't see him as Sam - he doesn't seem serene enough. I would love Sam to be played by Ignacio Serricchio, I think he has the ability to appear serene but still project the leadership required for such a role.
Anyway, heres my choices. (The links below will send you to their IMDB profile, sense you can only have 5 urls a post - i only put them under my favorites)

The Pack:

Ateara, Quil: Reece Ritchie, 10,000 BC

Brady: Justin Chatwin, The Invisible

Call, Embry: Rudy Youngblood, Apocalypto

Clearwater, Leah: Genevieve Cortese, Wildfire
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1298809/

Clearwater, Seth: Tyler Posey, Maid in Manhattan

Collin: Rafi Gavron, Inkheart

Jared: Steven Strait, The Covenant

Paul: Ramon Camacho, Gran Torino

Uley, Sam: Ignacio Serricchio, States of Grace
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1579445/

The Volturi:

Alec: Michael E. Kurowski, Gran Tornino (for lack of a better choice)

Aro: Shane Brolly, Underworld
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0111274/

Caius: Clive Ashborn, V for Vendetta
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1599755/

Demetri: Kerr Smith, Final Destination

Felix: John Turk, The Dark Night

Gianna: Katie Cassidy, Click (she usually has blond hair, but I've seen it darker as well - perfect for Gianna)

Heidi: Kate Beckinsale, Underworld

Jane: Dakota Fanning, Man on Fire

Marcus: Sam Derence, The Dark Night

Other:

Ateara, Quil Senior: Marco Akiaten, Shadow Heart

Cheney, Ben: Young Woong Jaejoong, Vacation

Claire: Suri Cruise, N/A

Clearwater, Harry: Ray Tracey, Seems Like Old Times

Clearwater, Sue: Debby Gaudet, Deja Vu

Kim: Summer Bishie, Days of Our Lives
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1974397/

Mallory, Lauren: Amber Heard, Pineapple Express

Young, Emily: Jessica Szohr, Gossip Girl

Feedback? please :D
Peace.Love.Twilight
Kayla Marie

"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." - Jasper Hale, Eclipse
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

Okay here's my "Ideal" wolf pack.
(I tired my best to find actors/actress who are all Native or at least had some Native blood in them.)

Jacob Black: Taylor Launter
Sam Uley: Solomon Trimble
Embry Call: Krys Ivory

-----I like to keep things the same, so I kept the same wolf pack members of Twilight for New Moon-----

Emily Young: Sarah Weston or America Young (<<--she was rumored to had audition for the role)
Paul: Rudy Youngblood
Jared: Alex Meraz
Kim: Q'orianka Kilcher
Quil: Kainoa Kilcher
Harry: Wes Studi?? (IDK!)

-----I think this is everyone in New Moon-----

Leah: Tinsel Korey
Seth: Tyler Posey
Sue: Grace Baine?? (IDK!)

Any thoughts??

I had all the URL for everyone but I'm only allowed 5 in one post. So if you don't know, please google them or something.

I DO NOT WANT Michael Copon or Vanessa Hudges anywhere near the Twilight films. If they are casted, I will seriously send Summit a "heated" email/ letter. LOL :lol: But for reals, I will send them something if either of those two are casted!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/