Phobias

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Re: Phobias

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ Ahahahahah! I need to see that show...
List, Gnat ♥
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

You can see them on YouTube! Just search "Maury Phobias". They are pretty funny!!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Jasper<3 wrote:I can't stand chickens. They scare me to death!
Chickens! God. I can't stand them either. My cousin has a chicken running around her yard and I can't walk outside when it's around- especially in bare feet. I'm certain it's going to chase me around and start pecking at me. I hate the way they move and smell too and dead birds scare me almost as much as dead fish do.

I remember one time when I about 4 we were sitting in the van in my aunt's driveway and two birds flew into the side of the vehicle (one died instantly and one flew away). That night I absolutely could not sleep. I was lying in bed crying, too afraid to cover up because I kept imagining the dead birds underneath my blankets. My mom couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong with me, lol.
\/Brittany\/ wrote:This thread reminds me of the Maury show! They have episodes about weird phobias, and one chick was supposedly deathly afraid of mustard! They had someone who was scared of chickens, and then they brought out 2 guys dressed as big chickens! It was mean.
I saw an episode where a lady was afraid of cotton balls because she couldn't stand the noise they made when they rubbed together, hahaha. Poor lady.
Last edited by Black on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ I love little baby chicks, but once they start to get big, I get totally freaked! And I can't stand dead fish, either... my goldfish was sick and kept swimming in circles and was about to die, I ran away screaming EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWWW!!! I just couldn't take it...
List, Gnat ♥
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Jasper<3 wrote:^ I love little baby chicks, but once they start to get big, I get totally freaked! And I can't stand dead fish, either... my goldfish was sick and kept swimming in circles and was about to die, I ran away screaming EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWWW!!! I just couldn't take it...
Baby chicks! ^.^

Oh god. Please don't even talk about fish like that. Seriously. I don't even like saying or typing the word. I have no idea where this fear came from but I remember the first time it became a big issue.

One of the goldfish I'd had for about 8 years finally died and-- oh god.. I don't even want to describe this. Ugh. It was laying in the bottom of the tank, eyes blue, color gone... My mom told me that it was my fish so I had to scoop it out. Well, I couldn't. I looked at it and I started screaming, crying, shaking, etc... I kept dipping the net into the water only to take it back out and start crying again.

I was huddled up against the wall, practically hyperventilating and my mom told me that if I didn't get it out soon she was going to make me use my hands. So I finally got around to touching it with the net and the damn fish started falling apart. Oh my god. I don't understand how any mother could just sit there and watch her kid freak out like that, but mine did. There was no sense in it. Nothing was stopping her from walking her @$$ over there and scooping it out herself. There I am in a ball, 10 seconds away from having a heart attack.... and all she can think to do is threaten me with taking away the net?
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Argh! Dead fish!!!! YUCK!!!

Chickens don't scare me....but their FEET do! Chickens have THE freakiest feet I've ever seen, they are disgusting!!! I have a farm....but we are a STRICTLY poultry free zone! No way are chickens with their freaking feet coming on my property!
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I have......

-arachnophobia-(fear of spiders) I literally start like hyperventalating and run away screaming. OMG one time I was getting dressed and a spider fell out of my bra *shivers*
-claustrophobia-(fear of closed spaces) It's atchually only my feet, neck and hands, like if they get hot or are touched or constricted in any way I FREAK OUT.
-Ichthoyophobia-(fear of fish) well only them toouching me in a lake or something.
-Thermophobia -(fear of heat) I freak out like alot ^ relating to my claustrophobia one.
-Autonomatonophobia-(fear of ventrilequist dummies) EEEEK they are freaky!
-Aichmophobia (fear of knives or sharp objects) I'm scared of people holding or using knives in any way.
-taphophobia (fear of being buried alive) I couldn't stand that confined space and feet of dirt above me. I would probably have a heart attack before I would die form no oxegen.
-Textophobia (fear of volumes of fabric or hot air balloons) I would HATE to be in a hot air balloon, like the baskets only come up to your waist, and your crowded with like 4 other people, and you could fall any second!
-Hydrophobia-(fear of water) I'm not scared of water I LOVE it but I'm scared of a boat tipping or being submerged so I don't like going fast on boats but there is no name for that yet so that is what I used.
-hippopotophobia(fear of hippopotomusses) I don't like them they are vicious!
-herpetophobia(fear of reptiles) I don't like crocodiles or alligators.
I'm also scared of volcanic eruptions.
-Achluophobia(fear of the dark) Yeah childish I know but it's scary.(only if I'm alone.)
-Ankylophobia(fear of immobility of a joint) I have dreams of not being able to run I am petrified!

Arachibutyrophobia- (ear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.) OMG LOL!
ImageImageImage
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Cullen_Lover wrote:I have......

-Ankylophobia(fear of immobility of a joint) I have dreams of not being able to run I am petrified!
Me too ! I have dreams that I can't get up from like sitting down in like school hallways, and in the middle of walking and slowly sinking down to the floor :lol: Yeah, they're like the perfect moment for "I've fallen and can't get up" :lol:

And according to some dream website, dreaming your immobile means you feel trapped ? :? Uh oh. ahah.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I have a fear of falling down the stairs! My friends think it's so funny :/, but I think it's really scary lol! I'm scared that in my college dorm stairwell I'm going to fall down the stairs and it will be such a long time before anyone finds me :S!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^