Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Anna
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Anna »

Ah, Midnight Sun was pure bliss. I can't begin to explain how incredible those twelve chapters were.

I find myself dreaming that Stephenie wrote the whole saga in Edward's point of view. Ah, how much more facinating! It's great to finally NOT be the weak vunerable human, rather the shadow stalking the weak vunerable human. I had always enoyed a dark, depressing climate and Midnight Sun was...wow. Amazing.

I would give everything just so see it published. *sigh* I wonder if we can get some guy fans throught it? Plus I completely ADORE this line.

"My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must always, by necessity, be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?"

Wow. Just...I'm speechless.
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Anna wrote: Plus I completely ADORE this line.

"My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must always, by necessity, be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?"

Agreed!
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

mandustries wrote:
Anna wrote: Plus I completely ADORE this line.

Agreed!
True! It's so nice to read the theme of the novel. *sigh* Edward's mind is just amazing! :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I loved the chapters. And not just becaue I'm in love with Edward, either.

I loved how they showed his vulnerability. In the Twilight Books, we always heard from Bella's perspective that Edward seemed bothered or upset, but the detail in the chapters was awesome.

I kind of feel like it "humanized" him, for lack of a better phrase. Making him say things in his mind like, "Oh, by the way, I'm wretchedly in love with you" was just awesome.

IF the book is not going to be published, I must admit there is one thing I wish SM would have posted online: THE MEADOW CHAPTER!!! That would have rocked my socks.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
sleepingfear
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingfear »

Oh, you guys.

I think my heart is breaking at the thought that this book might never be finished! It was so incredible and that was just the FIRST 12 CHAPTERS. Think how amazing the entire book would be!

I didn't think it was possible to be more in love with Edward than I was, but, boy, was I proved wrong. The scene when he went to Bella's room for the first time... Can a stone heart break? Ah! It's so lovely! I felt like it was almost poetic in places, too. The whole "Run, Bella, run" but yet the "Stay, Bella, stay." I like Bella a lot more than I used to, seeing her through his eyes. Beautiful, with her tiger-kitten anger! I think I would be friends with her. =) The way she's "the girl" to him. The only girl in the world.

I am such a romantic sap that sometimes I am ashamed of myself. *hides*
Oh, and also? I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Breathe Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Breathe Bella »

sleepingfear - I just really wanted to say that your avatar is thigh slappingly funny. I'm still chuckling now.
sleepingfear wrote:I am such a romantic sap that sometimes I am ashamed of myself. *hides*
And rest assured you are not alone in this sentiment.

Her existance alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world. ~ Midnight Sun
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

Wow, it was amazing seeing Edward's side of Twilight.

I found so sweet that he felt that she couldn't possibly love him the way he loved her and yet there she was thinking the exact same thing. Just hearing conversations from the other side is so interesting. The inner workings of Edward's mind are so beautiful... I think, no wait, I know I could stay there all day!

So annoyed and sad for Stephenie about what happened though.
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

la_tua_cantante wrote:I kind of feel like it "humanized" him, for lack of a better phrase. Making him say things in his mind like, "Oh, by the way, I'm wretchedly in love with you" was just awesome.
And the silly creature says he doesn't have a soul. Pshaw. ;)
sleepingfear wrote:Oh, you guys. I like Bella a lot more than I used to, seeing her through his eyes. Beautiful, with her tiger-kitten anger! I think I would be friends with her. =) The way she's "the girl" to him. The only girl in the world.

I am such a romantic sap that sometimes I am ashamed of myself. *hides*
I feel a little less annoyed with self-depreciating, always-second-guessing Bella when I see her through his eyes too. It's not always swooning ... she obviously gets mad at some of the things he does. Maybe it's easier to see her true personality from the outside. Critics like to get on SM for not showing more of Bella's personality even though the books are all from her perspective (with the exception of Book 2 in BD, of course). I guess having the perspective of the watcher allows us to see more of her nature, because the inner workings of her mind sometimes cloud that.

And sleepingfear, please don't be ashamed. I am as much, if not more, of a romantic sap. I think a lot of us are with you there. :D
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

mandustries wrote:I feel a little less annoyed with self-depreciating, always-second-guessing Bella when I see her through his eyes too. It's not always swooning ... she obviously gets mad at some of the things he does. Maybe it's easier to see her true personality from the outside. Critics like to get on SM for not showing more of Bella's personality even though the books are all from her perspective (with the exception of Book 2 in BD, of course). I guess having the perspective of the watcher allows us to see more of her nature, because the inner workings of her mind sometimes cloud that.
This is very true. Throughout the series we hear of how private Bella's mind is, but being inside her head, it was difficult to grasp that concept, but being able to see her reactions through Edward, we can see how her expressions and actions don't always match up with what she's thinking at all.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

la_tua_cantante wrote:I loved the chapters. And not just becaue I'm in love with Edward, either.

I loved how they showed his vulnerability. In the Twilight Books, we always heard from Bella's perspective that Edward seemed bothered or upset, but the detail in the chapters was awesome.

I kind of feel like it "humanized" him, for lack of a better phrase. Making him say things in his mind like, "Oh, by the way, I'm wretchedly in love with you" was just awesome.

IF the book is not going to be published, I must admit there is one thing I wish SM would have posted online: THE MEADOW CHAPTER!!! That would have rocked my socks.
I completely agree with you, la_tua_cantante. I loved Breaking Dawn for rounding out Edward's character, but that was nothing compared to the beauty of these twelve chapters.

One bright point: if we are going to see Midnight Sun in its published form (and I suspect we will, eventually), the meadow from Edward's perspective will be exactly how Stephenie wants us to experience it. In all this mess, at least the meadow is unspoiled.

I've been waiting to understand what Edward saw in Bella, and know what his experience was like, and I'm so pleased to finally get it. How Bella looks through Edward's eyes is nothing like how she sees herself. I know we already know what happens, but seeing how Edward feels about it, what he's thinking, as opposed to Bella's side, makes it entirely different. It helps me understand Bella so much better (no, she doesn't see herself clearly!). What a wonderful companion to Twilight.

And, of course, when you're in Edward's head, you get almost everyone else's viewpoint, too, through their thoughts. I understand all of the Cullens better now. Their dynamic is fascinating. I even appreciate the better understanding of Mike, though I generally agree with Edward, that humans' thoughts are rather drab compared to vampires'.
Rosanesmee wrote: The inner workings of Edward's mind are so beautiful... I think, no wait, I know I could stay there all day!
Me too...