What are you reading?

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Lieziewiezie »

The Gemma Doyle trilogy is the correct name. So that answers your question ;)

http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/gemmadoyle/home.php

It consists out:
1. A great and terrible beauty
2. Rebel Angels
3. A sweet far thing

I haven't started it yet though, but I ordered the entire series and they should be here soon!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

LadyViolet wrote:Oops sorry about the bad language folks - what might offend you guys isn't really thought about in England so we forget to moderate ourselves.
I second that what I said is a really common and not offensive thing to say in England so I had no idea it would cause offense, but anyways I'll try to keep that in mind in future :)

Lieziewiezie- thanks a lot! That's really helped! Can't wait to read them, I hope there as good as they sound!
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

No worries guys, I know that is common difficulty on a world-wide message board. What is considered vulgar language in one country isn't in another and vice-versa. I hope no one was offended by my reminder - I only was trying to be helpful and avoid having a mod come in and "spank" us. :D

Back to books!

The Black Dagger Brotherhood is fantastic. I will say the writing is better in the Dark-Hunter series as compared to Ward's writing (and she SO needs a thesaurus). However, Ward's characters and the mythology is SO captivating, I just can not have it in my top five favorite series.

UnfreakingBelievable, another series in the genre of Twilight that I really enjoy is the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. It is a trilogy and the last book is due out March, I believe. The books are City of Bones, City of Ashes, and coming soon City of Glass.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Well I've finished reading Dark Lover and I loved it! I can't wait to get my hands on the other books! I'm not sure what to read next, I might wait till I've been book shopping Friday and read something new :)
Rainbowfairy
Settled in Forks

Post by Rainbowfairy »

I've just started reading Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast - pretty gud so far.
Image Image Image
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I finally finished Phury's book. Well, I finished it a while ago, but...
I liked his book a lot, it came really close to not being worth it, but I love the ending. He puts you through a lot of stuff and you'll get so frustrated with him, but in my opinion the ending made it worth reading.

I'm now on The Insider's Guide to BDB, page 150 or so, and I'm already soo in love with it. The Novella in it made my day. I love how Ward has a relationship like this with her characters and I love her even more because she shares it with us. Can't wait for Rehv's book!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Thank you guys for being so understanding about the language thing. I understand everyone has a different concept of what is vulgar based on their background -- I'm from "Happy Valley", if you're familiar with that term, it may explain a few things. It's refreshing to not have to worry about reading bad language -- so again, thanks!! :D

una, thanks for the Mortal Instruments recommendation. It was listed on the Twilight Mom's book of the month, so I had it on my list of books to read -- now that you recommended it as well I'm going to move it to one of the books on top of my list. Also . . . . you mentioned something about your top 5 favorite books series . . . care to share what they are??
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I have no problem sharing. Here you go!

Top 5 YA series:
1. Twilight series by SM
2. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
3. Nightworld series by L.J. Smith (this is VERY chaste & it they are wonderful short little stories).
4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
5. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

I would add the Inheritance series by Christoper Paolini to the above, but I'm not sure if it is classified as Young Adult. Now there are some other series I greatly enjoy some are very adult in nature (foul language and/or graphic violence/other situations) and others that are considered adult but are very mild in my opinion.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

una wrote:I have no problem sharing. Here you go!

Top 5 YA series:
1. Twilight series by SM
3. Nightworld series by L.J. Smith (this is VERY chaste & it they are wonderful short little stories).

I would add the Inheritance series by Christoper Paolini to the above, but I'm not sure if it is classified as Young Adult. Now there are some other series I greatly enjoy some are very adult in nature (foul language and/or graphic violence/other situations) and others that are considered adult but are very mild in my opinion.
Thanks!!
I've only read Twilight and Harry Potter of your favorites -- I've also heard good things about Nightworld and Vampire Academy. Yay! I have good reads to look forward to!

Have you read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins? I HIGHLY recommend that book -- and it is also book 1 in a series (second book comes out in Sept)
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

una wrote:I have no problem sharing. Here you go!

Top 5 YA series:
1. Twilight series by SM

ooh I really want to read the vampire academy series but i've got a few more books I want to get through first before I start yet another vampire series. Are they your favourites in order Una? The Twilight series and HP would be in my top 5 aswell.

UnfreakinBelievable- I've read the hunger games too its amazing I really enjoyed it I can't wait for catching fire. I'd recommend the hunger games to anyone