Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Wow..Pink Panther..hang on one second...I'm puttting on my thinking cap. The Phantom, a jewel thief, was always trying to steal a precious diamond (The Pink Panther), and Inspector Clouseau, albiet clumbsily, tried to thwart him. To Twilightize we can say that the Phantom is Edward, the smart cat burglar, and Jacob is Inspector Clouseau, the comedy relief who is always 2 steps behind. Of course, Bella is the precious jewel that the Phantom wants. The Inspector does whatever he can to prevent the jewel from falling into the Phantom's hands.

I barely even touched on the story of The Pink Panther. Dreyfuss was Clouseau's biggest threat, but I couldn't really fit him in. Perhaps he could be Caius. He wants Edward dead. He is so sick of Edward that he goes a wee bit nuts.

Twilightiize: The Time Traveler's Wife
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

So good!

I loved the Pink Panther movies when I was a kid. They were so funny and I didn't even understand most of the humor...I just kept my eye out for the (cartoon) pink panther. Ha!

The Time Traveler's Wife, I just finished reading it this month. Their love story is similar to Bella and Edward's. Claire sacrifices a normal day to day relationship to have Henry (who pops in and out of her life in various stages), just as Bella sacrifices her humanity to be with Edward. They both suffer with the issue of having children, in different ways of course. Bella is pulled by Jacob who loves her and Clair is torn by (I can't remember his name)'s love.

Next: Transformers (either cartoon or movie or comic book)
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
love2dream
Settled in Forks

Post by love2dream »

*sings* Transformers...more than meets the eye!

There is more to Edward than what meets the eye. He sees himself as a monster, but Bella sees more. Oh yeah, and the whole super strength thing.

On a different subject. Did you guys read the Breaking Dawn Q and A Stephenie posted on her site? :shock: I'm still shocked by what she revealed about Aro. I thought he just had an "I'm better than you, cuz I'm a super powerful vamp that can read your mind" complex, but the guy is down-right evil!!!! I can't believe he'd do that to his sister. I'm seeing that the Volturi could fall if Marcus ever found out. Wow!! I still can't believe it. When you find out something this shocking about a character it makes you want to read the books all over again! Too bad Edward never caught wind of this drama or he could have the Volturi fighting amongst themselves!

Twilightize: Jane Eyre
FIND BELLA'S DRESS click here----->http://www.geocities.com/belladress
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I was completely shocked when I read the BD Q&A on SM's website myself. I really didn't see that one coming with Aro.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I thought her Q&A was really interesting too. Loved the background on Aro and Marcus. Wow! And I am glad that she addressed the issue of vampire pregnancy in a bit more detail.

Jane Eyre-when I started that book I thought, I wonder what this will be like...it is so long. I really didn't know anything about the story (even though I read it as an adult). Loved it. So many interesting themes in it. So here goes.

Edward is a bit like Mr. Rochester...has everything anyone would want in a husband, but also has a dark side and a deep secret.
Bella is a bit like Jane...doesn't feel pretty, is a bit awkward, shy, but highly interested in the man above^^^^.
I love the line in the recent BBC movie (I can't remember if it was in the book) where she says that he saw her when no one else noticed her at all. Swoon.

They overcome obstacles for their love. As do Bella and Edward.

One of the great themes for me in the book Jane Eyre is making choices. Jane had choices to make that would lead her in one path or the other. She tried to keep a moral compass and choose what she thought was morally right. Bella also has many choices. She continually chooses to do what she thinks is best for Edward and her and their relationship. It is a driving force for her. Of course Edward is the moral compass in TW and is always trying to do what is best for Bella.

Should I write an essay? LOL. Sorry, I just really like both books apparently.

Twilightize: Tom Sawyer
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

My 2nd favorite thread was on the 2nd page. Folks, let's get this thing going. Books seem to kill it....which is sad really.

Jasper & Tom Sawyer were both from the South and had grand adventures that shaped their characters. Both characters were considered *bad* by society's standards.

I'm sorry this was weak.

Twilightize: Definitely Maybe (I heart this movie)
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LisaCullenAZ
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

Definitely Maybe was such a cute movie! I am blanking, though. How would it apply to Twilight? Hmmmm....

Well, I would actually call the main guy more of a Jacob than an Edward. Edward would never vascilate so much between women. :D But there is that "otherworldly" quality between Emily and Ryan Reynolds character (I'm forgetting the name) because no matter where life takes them, they just never seem to be able to shake each other. They keep meeting, something keeps pulling them together. And of course it's because they were MADE to be together. As are Bella and Edward. There. That's my best shot!

On a slightly different note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO llovetwilight! Hope your day is fantastic!

Twilightize: Jumper (such a great movie)
...masterpiece created by Chaos. Thank you!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Definitely Maybe is one of my favorite movies.

I watched Jumper the other day. I was slightly disappointed in it. I heard Jumper 2 is in production, so maybe I will be more satisfied with it.

I'm going the obvious route: Hayden Christianson is the main character and many Twilight fans chose him as their Edward. Similarly, Rachel Bilson was many fan's Bella. Rachel & Hayden play lovers on screen. Hayden's character tries to keep his secret life from Rachel, but he can't when her life gets put in danger because of it. Hayden has a sister that we meet at the very end of the movie - played by Kristen Stewart.

Twilightize: Pretty in Pink
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Thanks GNE - a movie I know! :D

Pretty in Pink - well, obviously the link between Bella and Molly Ringwald's character (Andie), both are homebodies, caring for their father, not in the popular crowd, but in love with THE most sought after boy (Edward and Blane). Both Blane (played by Andrew McCarthy - cutie) and Edward fall in love with the "mousy" girl, in the end, although others vie for her affections, they end up together in the end, very happily. :)

Next: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Well I'll give it a go.

Peter, Susan, Edward and Lucy are sent to the country during the war and enter a fantasy world through a wardrobe in the home of their benefactor. There they get to meet lots of woderful fantasy creatures.

Bella moves to Forks WA to live with her dad and enters the fantasy world of the Cullens through high school and subsequently the Quilueete pack through that.

The Pevensie children must fight the evil witch and her army to save Narnia
Bella and the Cullen and the pack must fight evil vampires (james, Victoria, newborns, etc.) to save their families and keep their true selves a secret.

Twilightize: A Chirstmas Story. My all time favorite.