Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Languages

Post by LilyMorgana »

paramore wrote: I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?
That's a good question. I mostly dream in Dutch but sometimes I also dream in English. I once had a dream wherein I dreamed I spoke Dutch, English and French. When I woke up I realized I had actually formed the right sentences in French. I pronounce languages so much better while I'm asleep then in reality. :lol:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

paramore wrote: I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?
Well, my native language is Italian but I speak English, Spanish and Portuguese too. Since I work mainly with English I often dream in English. When I lived in Dublin I used to dream more in English than in Italian.
I recall just some dreams in Spanish and Portuguese but just a few...
Usually, though, the dream isn't in one language only...it's just Italian English, than Italian again, than English. :lol:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

I speak Englis as my language.But i am learning Italian at school and are quite enjoying it.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

I speak english as my first language,I'm trying to teach myself german but I'm not getting very far,and I've been learning Irish the last 11 and a half years and cant understand a word of it.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
Anahi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anahi »

I'm from Croatia and my mother tongue is croatian. I also speak english fluently. I'm studying french, spanish, german and have been studying latin. :D
paramore wrote:I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?
The odd thing is that most of the time I dream on english instead of croatian, I remember once having a dream
on spanish, now, how cool is that... 8-)
ImageImageImage
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
hannaa
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by hannaa »

My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.
And then I can speak english, getting better all the time :D
And a bit german, danish and norwegian.
I would love to learn speak spanish!

Usually I dream and think in swedish or finnish( depends on where I'm and who I'm talking to...) but sometimes I notice that I think in english too :)
Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else - Charlie
Team Edward And Team Jacob
I'm on the list
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

My language is English, but at school I am learning Spanish.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

hannaa wrote:My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.

Usually I dream and think in swedish or finnish( depends on where I'm and who I'm talking to...) but sometimes I notice that I think in english too :)
I think it's so cool that you speak 3 languages! I'd love to visit Finland and Sweden! It's such a beautiful country!

Well, I speak English but also Welsh although it's a little rusty sometimes!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

vamp na hEireann wrote:I speak english as my first language,I'm trying to teach myself german but I'm not getting very far,and I've been learning Irish the last 11 and a half years and cant understand a word of it.
There's a language called Irish? I thought that was just English!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

hannaa wrote:My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.

That's so fun that you're from Finland. I'm from Norway. We're practically neighbours :D *Waves*

So obviously I speak Norwegian. I also speak English quite fluently, since Ive learned it in school since I was 8 and I've lived in New Zealand for a year. I did take German in school but I can't remember much of it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~