The Musical Wicked

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Muscial Wicked

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

I absolutely LOVE this musical my BFF says that I'm completely obsessed with it (and Twilight). Idina and Kristen are and will always be the best Elphaba and G(a)linda. I recently saw Kristen when she was on tour! Yay! Oh! And for those of you who didn't know they are making it into a movie!! YAYAYAYAY!!!! :D
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

alice_is_my_homegirl wrote: Oh! And for those of you who didn't know they are making it into a movie!! YAYAYAYAY!!!! :D
:o :D :D :D :!:
YAAAAAAY!!!!!
WHEN????
I'M SOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^its still in talks so probably 2011...and it will probably be more like the book from what I've heard, so they can make it a little bit darker like the book.
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

That makes sense. I don't think they could really put that on the big screen. Wicked was absolute perfection for the stage, but i don't know how i feel about a movie.
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Awww, that's sad. :( I've never read the book so I guess I can't say that it would be bad to add the darkness to it but I just LOVE the musical. It has its balance of comedy and seriousness and the music is amazing. I think they really could do a good job, even with Defying Gravity. I mean, you look at the stuff from the Tonys and the promos for it and it's really good with the shots. I hope they keep it more along the lines of the musical. I don't want it to be too dark.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^Well the book isn't terribly dark until the second half, after Fiyero (I don't want to ruin to those who haven't seen the play or read the book) I just don't think the play did justice to Elphaba's character the way Maguire wrote it. I hope the with the movie they can develop it a little bit more (I understand it is hard to do on stage versus in a book or movie).
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

I love wicked, would the movie be a musical?
Image Image
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^I sure hope not. I would hope it would be more like the book.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

But if it's not a musical and follows the book then it's not going to be Wicked the Musical, it's just going to be Wicked.
Okay so I'm just going to let everyone know that I've heard from several different people that the book is very sexual, so I have a big "I hate it" thing going on, because it's not some little innocent skim over stuff, but heavy-duty really getting into details. So I don't like the book and I'm biased toward that so I really want the movie to be the musical because I want to be able to watch the musical over and over and over and over without have to pay $200 bucks each time.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote:But if it's not a musical and follows the book then it's not going to be Wicked the Musical, it's just going to be Wicked.
Okay so I'm just going to let everyone know that I've heard from several different people that the book is very sexual, so I have a big "I hate it" thing going on, because it's not some little innocent skim over stuff, but heavy-duty really getting into details. So I don't like the book and I'm biased toward that so I really want the movie to be the musical because I want to be able to watch the musical over and over and over and over without have to pay $200 bucks each time.
Oh man I never heard that. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to see the musical. I heard it was based off of a book so I decided to buy it. (I'd never heard anything about the book.) So I hope it's not like that or I'll have to not read it or something. I would love to see the musical someday. By the time I heard it was going to be coming near me it was already sold out! And then I heard they were going to be making a movie version. I hope it's like the musical since the musical is supposed to be so amazing and just really good. Oh well maybe one day I'll make it out to NYC and get to see it on Broadway.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson