The Dating Thread--take 2

Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by Lightwish »

samajama wrote:When it comes to dating are you guys the opposites attract type or the friends first kinds?
Friends first. Then again, that doesn't always work because guys put you in that "friend zone" and never let you out. :x Anyway..opposites attract, I just don't see how that could work. I'm not saying anything against it, I just don't think it would work. *shrugs* Who knows?

I still have no update. Sorry friends. :[
Ok, as a guy here is my answer to your questions:

Yes I believe that opposites do attract! I have always been sort of a 'baddass' but I have always been attracted to wholesome type girls for some reason. My last few girlfriends have all been oldfashioned, goodie-goodie girl next door types. Now when I say I am a badass it just means that I have always liked to walk the line when it comes to getting in trouble at both school and in my personal life. I always have gotten middle=high grades when I was in school, but I like smart girls!

To me its just more exciting to be involved with someone so different from myself! I hope this answers your question! I am sure that it doesnt apply to everyone, but it applies for me!
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

If you remeber me, raise your hand. *meekly walks in and waves* Hey guys.
I am deeply sorry I haven't been on and I am in the midst of catching up I only have about 70 or so pages to read. No biggie, two study halls=dramatically less homework/ no homework. I might as well tell you what has been going on with me and as soon as I know what the heck is happening I will jump in.
So since last time we met...
I was still loosly wrapped up with Bus Boy, dazzling Stanly, and on friendly terms with Mike.
Well, I can now proudly say I've let go of Bus Boy, I haven't seen him in months and don't have any real hope of seeing him anytime soon. So, why hang on to a ghost?
Stanly, saddly my womanly charms are no longer working on him. =[ what a pity. *shakes head*
And Mike, well nothing has changed I have history with him and sit behind him, but I'm indifferent to it. *shrug*

Now, the most "exciting" part. There is a possible new crush. Let's call him Brad. So a little background on 'Brad'. He moved to my school about a year ago from another near by school. Right away he started smiling at me in a way that made me feel uncomfortable. He's friends with most of my friends, but some think he's a creeper. Although those friends are more influenced by a self-centered, manipulative, unintelligent, backstabbing, closed-minded person. But that is a whole different topic. Fast forward to this year. I had a class with him last semester, that class was basically his fan club. Still he always smiled at me when we saw each other except now it's not so creepy. It still sends chills down my spine and is reassuring at the same time. He has superbly curly short pale blond hair and blue eyes. Brad takes all AP classes (so i'm hoping that with my two AP classes next year I'll have a class with him, lame I know), He is all the smart extraciricular after-school activities, and oddly for a teenager does not wear jeans.
The thing is I never see him. So I don't know what I could talk to him about or when. He has a facebook, as do I. (be my friendon there) Should I add him, even though we have never had a conversation together?

So, yeah that is my 'love' life thus far. Did I mention I missed you guys? *hugs all around* =]]
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

Simplymortal314 Add him! Seriously! Just make sure you have a super gorgeous display picture (which I'm sure you have anyway) and at least two comments from a male so he see's you're hot property! It shall work! He sounds super cute! I love blonde hair! (Even though it's slightly irrelevant if I like it or not! :lol: ) It's good that you finally seem to have let go of bus boy and I'm sure your womanly charms haven't gone anywhere!

Christine Why don't you want to be in the school play?! It sounds like you have a good voice though! And gutted about Patricks play although I'm sure you can make lemonade out of the lemons! You can go and watch it while perving on the entirely male cast! :D Smiles all around! :D And thank you for explaining an ice storm to me! I feel instantly more intelligent!

up-date It did stop snowing and I was in school today which was unbelievably fun. Not. Chris came around after school today which was really fun! We played loads of poker and I am getting better! I used to lose all my chips in about ten minutes, now it takes about fifteen! :lol:
O was still very friendly today although he didn't really pursue it much! Just asked me how I was and looked very pleased when I said I was well! I'm getting very close to one of my guy friends at the moment. Let's call him J. For the last couple of weeks we've been talking all the time and on Tuesday we had drama although no one turned up because of the snow so we just talked for a solid 2 hours. It was really nice. I really feel I can trust him. And today, I sat down at break today and he was with the boys and he goes: "Genny's here so I'm going to sit by her." and got up to sit by me. My friends have noticed it as well.
He's unbelievably too good for me though. He's the heir to a million pound fortune. He plays rugby for a really big club, get's A's in basically every subject, doesn't drink or smoke, and can speak 4 different languages. As you can see, way to good for me!
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Ok I have good news, in-the-middle news, and bad news:

Good news: Ok, there may be this other guy I sorta like. His name's Tyler and he's not all that cute but he seems really nice and not as stupid as most of the guys here are. :] (which is a major plus ;] )

In-the-middle news: The other day Abby was having doubts about Blake. AGAIN. She's been going back and forth lately and it's starting to worry me. On Monday she told me that she gets really uncomfortable around him, and that when she's not around him, she thinks he's this really great person, but when she's around him, she notices how immature he can be, and that he jokes around a lot. I tried to tell her that ALL GUYS ARE IMMATURE, PERIOD. And she kind of agreed with me, but she still was doubting him, and whether she wants to get together with him or not. Well yesterday I called her to tell her that I was worried. And I asked her if she still wasn't sure and guess what? She had changed he mind, YET AGAIN. And she told me how she can barely talk with him about stuff, and that she's "afraid" of him(which she is). And I tried to think of something that might help her, like thinking of somewhere safe when she's with him so she'll be less afraid, and she told me that it probably wouldn't work. And evidently he didn't talk to her that much today. So she's back to liking him again, which is good. But HE STILL WON'T MAKE A MOVE, which is bad.

Bad news: The bad news goes back to the Tyler thing. I asked Joseph(my ex)if Tyler was nice, bc he's friends with him, and he got all mad bc he figured out why I asked him about it, so he was all like--- "First you dump me for Jared, and now you want to go out with one of my BEST FRIENDS? Go ahead, see if I care." So he was mad for a while, but then he came to my house(which my dad was mad about...bc he hates him)to give me his old bike, bc he had been meaning to give it to me for Christmas.

So that's pretty much it. I'll ttyl guys, see ya! :D
chr0matica
Settled in Forks

Post by chr0matica »

As usual, I'm here writing a follow-up of Chelsea's summary of my love life. Whoopee.

The thing is that I'm just really... confused... Blake and I do our fair share of talking (and MAYBE what you could call flirting... we pass notes) and joking around and he tickles me in the side and it's adorable, but just talking to him gives me this kind of negative opinion of him... I consider myself a very, erm, deep person, and he's just... not. (Or so I've figured out so far.) But he does have his moments. And I'm trying to distinguish between whether he's just acting kind of stupid for me to impress me or something... or if that's all there is to him.

The only other boyfriend I've had was for 6 days, and I barely knew the guy anyway, so he's my first real possibly-boyfriend, and I know it probably shouldn't matter that much (we're only 14, for Pete's sake, I'm not looking for my soulmate) but the reason I "broke up" with the other dude was because (from what I knew of him) he was a smart, quiet guy, but in reality he had tons to say and didn't really play piano like he said and was a huge Christian music fan and blah blah blah blah blah... I think I know Blake better than I did the other guy even now, but I want someone that won't just be trying to make me laugh or making me feel uncomfortable because I'm smarter than he is. (Which happens quite a lot with my friends, guys and girls alike... not you Chelsea. ;3)

I think right now maybe I just need someone, and I want it to be for reasons other than just being able to say I have a boyfriend (which psychologically, it might be, but I've convinced myself otherwise.)

Oh, and here's another problem: I CAN'T LOOK HIM IN THE EYE!

Whenever we're talking, as much as I want to, I just can't look at him for a long time... it's just... I don't know. It's like magnets opposing each other. And whenever he looks at me I IMMEDIATELY look away, then feel stupid because I couldn't stop myself from doing it. It used to happen before but not as bad as this. I don't exactly know why I can't, but... I just feel waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. Like I'm throwing more of myself out onto this unsteady bridge I'm already on. And maybe I'm just afraid of falling.

Well, that's my story. Say what you want, anything would help. <3
goymer

Post by goymer »

Well, I'm not much cop at advice giving, but here goes :D

chr0matica: Sounds to me that if Blake does have his "deep" moments, then there probably is more to him than he lets on around you. But, then again, even the shallowest, stupidest guys have their moments, so it's no guarantee. How often are they and how deep do they get? And I personally wouldn't worry about not being able to make eye contact. I can't do it with anyone. And I mean ANYONE! The only time I really try to is with customers at work, and even then it's quite reluctantly :lol:

Update
I've just texted L asking her about her V-day plans. No response yet, but I'm staying hopeful that it'll be good news. But, if it isn't, I've no reason to get myself down, we're both "free agents" so to speak, and we haven't actually made any plans yet, so it's not like I'm being cancelled on.
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* »

I am back!
Sorry I left forever ago.
I didn't mean to.

Update:
Well this past week nothing had really gone on between me and J. But lately I have been thinking about my ex more and more. Maybe becasue it has been a year sence we meet. I don't know. But the memories make me smile. But J makes me smile more and more. I just can't help but feel happy around him.

He knows I like him. I told him that a while ago. But he just broke up with is girlfriend. So he doen't want a girl friend and I'm okay with that. But I still like him. He has tried to kiss me once and he got me on the cheek. It was flirty and I liked it.

So firday was a weird day. He had been quite all week. He and I were talking and he is like. Give me a hug. I gave him a hug and when we pulled away he said. Thanks I needed that. It was amazing for me. And enjoy thsoe little moments.

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army
simplymortal314

Post by simplymortal314 »

Well I only have about fifty pages or so to catch up on. *thumbs up*

So Brad. Mini psuedo-updat on him.
On friday after school my friend and I were walking down to the lower caf, but instead stood in the middle of the landing between the upper and lower caf because we ran into some friends. Well morse so because I attacked/hugged a friend and she was talking to Brad. Since I interrupted their conversation my other friend, let's call Sue, starts talking to Brad. Now, I am not jealous of any of this because 1) they all see each other as friends and 2) the friend that was talking to Brad before is a lesbian and dated one of my other friends last year. Yes, I do have gay, lesbian, and bi friends, and they are some of coolest cats in my school.
Back to Brad, he was eating the disgusting mac and cheese from the caf and making all these moaning noises and faces when a teacher walked by. The teacher asked if he was enjoying his food and Brad replied asking if he saw his face. Well the teacher walked away. Then Brad continues talking about how god-awful the mac and chesse is and how he can't stop eating it when it splatters everywhere. When really a noodle fell on the floor in the middle of the circle we formed. More people come and, here's the exciting part, he moves across the circle carefully stepping over the cheesey noddle and stands next to me. Of course then the rest of the time is spent trying to get someone who did not notice the noodle to step on it. Eventually someone did and our group disbanded and I went home. Now here is the reason why I just told you all that POINTLESS story. It was the first time I actually hung out.spoke somewhat, at least interacted with Brad. I could have just left and gone home after hugging my friend, but I didn't. I didn't. And crap, i missed SNL. Darn. So that is basically it. =]
It is now 3:10 am, I should go to bed seeing as I have church in a few hours. Good-night my loverlies.

And no, I have not added him on FB. I am probably putting way too much thought into this, but I remain undecided.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
tiffi

Post by tiffi »

gosh its been a while.
ok sooooooooooooooooooo UPDATEEEEEE:
-ill jus sum it up, so theres this upperclassmen called JB that me and a few girl friends think is hawwwwwt and we were texting him cuz he was at one of my parties and it was really great except now we dont text anymore jus cuz the inside joke spark thing idk jus wore off.
-oh i have this really weird crush on "fred" hes smart, not hot but cute and well i guess in terms of social status hed be ranked under me. well i only told a few of my close girlies because this is shallow but im a little ashamened. especially since he hasnt asked me out or is showing any interest anymore. he used to, we texted and had inside jokes but now hes no fun. maybe the crush is wearing off, idk. im talking in circles but whatevs. soooo one of my friends (that knows my little crush on fred) waits for me outside a class i have with him, so i came out one day squeeling about JB and i know fred heard, maybe thats why he stopped showing interest. welll i mean i see him stall at his desk so he ends up standing next to me, and we talk sometimes but not as much. oh and rumors that we liked eachother were flying around (how childish ik!) the thing is i didnt really start to like him until after the rumors that i did went around, because i started to consider it and became more interested in him. we'd text eachother when this would happen and equally deny that they were true. but who knows if they are or not.
-valentines day is coming up, if i get asked out itll be the 3rd year in a row =]
but i dont think anyones gonna ask me this year =[
but who knows=]
and im going to a single ladies party =D
sooo yeah, what have you all been up to?
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D
lovemesomecullensss

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

Well goodness me, if this hasn't been the weekend of comebacks! :]

PSUGAR:
You can call me Christine. :] Haha. Seeing S randomly in the halls is always good haha. Hope you've had a good weekend. :]

LIGHTWISH:
Welcome to our thread! Thanks for your input! :]

JENNIFER:
WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! We've missed you! :] So I'm glad you got everything settled with all your guys from a few months ago. And as for Brad, you should totally add him on Facebook! I add people I've never even seen before in my life... Or they add me. It's a social networking site, so NETWORK! Just add him. No big deal. And hopefully you'll get to chat with him in passing sometime or something. You've got to make an effort to say hey or introduce yourself or compliment him or SOMETHING! Take control, girlfriend! Haha. :] PS- You can add me on Facebook, too! (Any of you can!) http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... ef=profile

GENNY:
I don't want to be in the school play because my director is a total WEEEEEEEEEEEE-OTCH. (AKA witch haha.) So I'm glad you had fun playing poker with Chris! And O is still being a little weird... But J sounds really cool! Don't ever think he's too good for you! Girls never give themselves enough credit. :] But really, he sounds amazing and he seems to really be singling you out, so that's definitely good. ;] Talk and flirt all you can! ;] :]

CHELSEA:
So Joseph's jealous... Well, he'll get over it. Haha. Tyler sounds cool and it sounds like he could be very compatible with you. (How match.com did that sound... Haha.) But really, I think you should try talking to him, maybe flirting with him, just generally getting to know him on a casual level. If you like him, you've got to put yourself out there, you know? :]

ABBY:
Wow, you DO sound confused. It sounds like you want to date someone and you've had your eye on Blake for a while, so you feel like you should want to be with him. (Maybe that's wrong, I don't know.) And if you know him pretty well but you're not sure if you really like who he is all that much, maybe that's not a good thing. If you can't look him in the eye and you feel like he's playing dumb or something and he makes you feel uncomfortable, can you imagine dating him? Doesn't sound like that would work out so well, you know? So I'd try and figure out if all these feelings are because you're nervous about getting in too deep or because you're really not as compatible with him as you think. It doesn't look like he's making a move anytime soon (maybe he's too nervous) so maybe just back away a little bit and evaluate how you feel. Good luck! :]

GOYMER:
That's a really good outlook! So, did she text you back? :]

TIA:
Sounds like things are going well with J! So he doesn't want a girlfriend right now... Okay, that's fine, but be careful. Flirting and talking and chumming around with him is fine. But don't over-flirt because, not that it wouldn't mean anything, but it wouldn't lead anywhere, if you know what I mean? Not just yet, anyway. So don't get too attached to flirting with him, etc. Just be his friend for right now and when he's ready for a girlfriend, you'll be there. :]

TIFFI:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee've missed you! :] So I'm sorry things with JB and Fred have kind of fizzled out. At least you can still gawk at JB's hotness, right? ;] And it sounds like there's a possibility that Fred might still be interested... Maybe you could text him and try to see if you can have a good conversation or if it just fizzles out. If you might like him, don't count him out just yet. I'm glad you're doing well, though! :]

Update:
Not too much on the boy front. Friday afternoon was acting auditions for Emperor's (I got a callback :/) and callbacks for New Works which were really fun. I got like ten callbacks and I was running around reading for everyone. And I sat in on Patrick's callbacks... Haha I love him to death. I spent the night at my friend Megan's house Friday night with our friend Jessica and her boyfriend Andrew. Andrew and I like to have very intellectually stimulating conversations (lol) while Jessica and Megan sit by and go "Huh?" So yeah. And then last night I spent the night at my best friend Rachael's house for her birthday celebration with our other best friend Jordan. It was... Okay. I feel like they're totally becoming different people and... I don't know, we just don't have that much fun anymore... It totally sucks... And I just texted Andy for a while yesterday and... yeah, that was just same ol', same ol'. So that's about it basically. Very unexciting. But hey, that's my life. Right now I'm doing homework and laundry and I'm probably going to go watch my brother blow (glass) later. Tomorrow's more New Works callbacks and my Emperor's callbacks. Weeeeeeeeeee fun...