Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Illegal Activities

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Lightwish wrote:
renesmeecarlie wrote:Don't get me wrong...I would do my best to avoid the murder part, but I can't say that I would live for eternity and never try grand theft auto :lol:
Oh yes auto theft ftw! I think that most of the time the Cullens just buy their cars though. Apparently Alice's foresight tends to help when investing stocks in the stockmarket lol

If only I had that foresight!

Hahah i know can you imagine?? The car theft is DEFINITELY just for convenience and for the rush, but thanks to Alice they never really need to steal anything!

I love in BD when Bella is taking money from Alice and Jasper's room that she says something like she's taking more money than most people make in a year, but that they would never notice it was missing :lol:

If only...

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Yeah, really. Can you imagine- the Cullens could probably fix our economy by themselves! :lol:
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

ok if you had your pick of vampire powers which would you choose. There are quite a few nice ones from mind reading, to foresight, to pain amplification....
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

I might have answered that in another discussion, but I would either want Siobhan's power or Maggie's power--either the ability to will things to happen (if you believe Carlisle that Siobhan can do that) or the ability to know when I'm being lied to--what would you choose?

Going back to illegal activities--I wonder if over time since laws and crimes have obviously changed, if that has affected how each of them feels about committing crimes--if certain Cullens feel certain levels of guilt for certain crimes (or at least have felt that way in the past)

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

Well I would want Alices ability so I could commit all sorts of illegal activities!!!

Well the stock market ftw! Actually I dont know if that would be illegal though...foreseeing the market that is
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

hmm.. I think I would like to have Edwards talent... I love the "built in radar detector" thing about that, though I would suppose Alice's talent would do the same thing.
Seeing into peoples mind would be cool, however, you would definitly hear things you wouldn't want to!

I have to admit, it would be pretty fun to steal an amazing car and KNOW that you're not gonna get caught.
"Between the pain and nothing, I chose nothing"
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

Wouldn't knowing you aren't going to get caught defeat the purpose? Generally speaking those types of crimes are committed "for the rush" of adrenaline because the person wants to try and get away with something. If you knew it was a safe bet you wouldn't have the same reaction and the crime wouldn't have the same appeal.... That being said, there is no way to be positive that the reaction wouldn't be the same so I'd probably try and steal an awesome car as well.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

Thats true Jazzlover, but like you, I would still want to try, thats for sure!! It would still be fun to drive a car like the one Alice stole, EVEN without the adrenaline.
Laina
Settled in Forks

Post by Laina »

I can't remember if this is cleared up in the book and it's too early to check through a whole thread to find out if it's already been mentioned, so sorry if I'm accidentally being repetitive. :oops:

Do vampires have fingerprints still?

I mean, usually they leave the stolen cars in a perfectly usable state. So when the owners and the police get the car back, will they find anything? My instincts tell me no, but I'm curious. :P
CarissaCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by CarissaCullen »

I don't vampires would have any oil in their skin, so nothing to leave fingerprints