General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I'm going to be out in the open with this. I think it's gross. Jacob stated himself that he visualized Bella naked. So someday, when the little brat gets older, he's going to sleep with HER?! Yuck! I was even starting to like Jake in the second section of Breaking Dawn(normally I would hate him); until it got to that part. I enjoy reading Stephenie Meyer's work and everything, but I have to admit. That is the sickest thing she's published.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I in no way find this disturbing!!! I think it makes perfect since. He isn't a pervert or anything. He isn't thinking about what their future relationship will be like (more adult or anything) he sees her as the other half of himself. He will be her best friend, he will comfort her, protecter her, listen, and just be there for her. And when she is ready to be with him in a "relationship" then he will be the most loving person she could imagine. I think he doesn't even think about what his feelings for Bella were. He knows he was only living for Nessie. I don't think he forced himself to imprint on Nessie because of his feelings toward Bella (not that he could). I think it is the opposite. That he felt that way towrd Bella because she was the mother of his future love. Since Nessie is part of Bella, he felt a connection toward Bella.
I love it! I am glad he got to have love. I felt bad for him. Now he can have love and keep Bella as a friend!!
ImageImage
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

trhmllr wrote:I in no way find this disturbing!!! I think it makes perfect since. He isn't a pervert or anything. He isn't thinking about what their future relationship will be like (more adult or anything) he sees her as the other half of himself. He will be her best friend, he will comfort her, protecter her, listen, and just be there for her. And when she is ready to be with him in a "relationship" then he will be the most loving person she could imagine. I think he doesn't even think about what his feelings for Bella were. He knows he was only living for Nessie. I don't think he forced himself to imprint on Nessie because of his feelings toward Bella (not that he could). I think it is the opposite. That he felt that way towrd Bella because she was the mother of his future love. Since Nessie is part of Bella, he felt a connection toward Bella.
I love it! I am glad he got to have love. I felt bad for him. Now he can have love and keep Bella as a friend!!
Thats what Ive been sayin, he doesnt control it and Nessie is okay with it, everyone is happy... now, so why hate Jacob for it, I definitely think it was meant to be.
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

At first, I thought "Ugh, that's terrible!". Not because I had issues with the fact that Nessie was just born, but because it all seemed to sudden. But after a while I got used to it....I kind of like it.

There's nothing sexual about their relationship. Edward says, at the end of Breaking Dawn, that Jacob doesn't think of her in that way at all. So why do people keep saying that Jacob is a pervert?
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

At first i had to re-read the page when he imprints on her a couple of times just to get my head around it, but then it grew on me and its like what jacob says about Quil and Claire in Eclipse? i think it is..pulling at memory strings at the moment, correct me if im wrong..how he says he'll be the best big brother, a friend then why wouldn't she want to be with him? if they're made to be together??
I think (its actually mentioned in the book) they imprinted because Jacob was suppose to be in Bella's family..thats why he loved her because it was inevitable that she was going to have Nessie..
It all works out as a happy little family - vampires and werewolves together as friends! (no virgos left..haha)
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

Uh... Jake was inches away from *murdering* Nessie when he imprinted.

And if it's not *sexual*, what's with the promise bracelet? What's with Quil being unable to date other girls? They're being "faithful" to babies they are obsessed with. Babies they have to see every day or suffer. Babies that they are attempting to RAISE, to influence, whether the parents like it or not.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Bkwrm wrote:Uh... Jake was inches away from *murdering* Nessie when he imprinted.

And if it's not *sexual*, what's with the promise bracelet? What's with Quil being unable to date other girls? They're being "faithful" to babies they are obsessed with. Babies they have to see every day or suffer. Babies that they are attempting to RAISE, to influence, whether the parents like it or not.
It isn't sexual, they explain it in the book. imprinting is completely different from having sexual attractions for someone. it's like a magnetic force between him and Nessie, and he'll do whatever he can to make her happy so he can stay with her because then it feels like half of your soul is gone when you're not with that person. So, he acts like whatever he needs to for her (if it's a parent, best friend, or soul mate when the time is right) so he won't ever have to leave her side. And (like they explain in the book) it's hard not to give in to that kind of charm.
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Bkwrm wrote:Uh... Jake was inches away from *murdering* Nessie when he imprinted.

You can't try to understand it while being close-minded.

Jake said to Bella that the imprint-er becomes whatever the imprint-ee needs them to be. Whether thats a brother, father-figure, protector, friend, boyfriend, husband. And obviously Nessie is just a "baby" so Jake is just like an over-protective brother to her. She doesn't have those feelings for him, and neither does he. And even when Jake found out that she would mature in a short amount of time (according to Ed) he still just wanted her to be happy, nothing more.
Just like inlovewithmyjasper said!

And you could say in a way the werewolves have an "obsession" with the imprintee.
But is it so different from the way Edward felt about Bella? Except Edward's feelings were a little sexual.. haha.
Not Really.
J<3B
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:At first, I thought "Ugh, that's terrible!". Not because I had issues with the fact that Nessie was just born, but because it all seemed to sudden. But after a while I got used to it....I kind of like it.

There's nothing sexual about their relationship. Edward says, at the end of Breaking Dawn, that Jacob doesn't think of her in that way at all. So why do people keep saying that Jacob is a pervert?
Agreed. He treats her as the others do. Like a child must be treated: with love, care and respect. I don't think he sees Nessie in an inpropriate way.

About Bella... well, Jacob is a teenager, guys! He was in love with her. Of course he had some fantasies. It's perfectly normal he feels that way. It's natural and healthy. This doesn't mean he looks at her baby daughter and feels the same! He's not a pervert. Edward would never let him alive if he was. I think he has a connection with her. Needs to be with her, keep her safe and happy. Like a friend or an older brother, but, of course, stronger. But this doesn't make him a sick person.
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

winchestersgirl wrote:NO. I would not have been okay with them dying.

snip

I just meant that the ending was TOO perfect, TOO neat. No one got hurt. There wasn't even a fight. Everyone got paired off. Happily ever after and all that. Very Disney ending. No losers in love, all winners. Life doesn't work that way. It just felt too convenient.
Well, I wouldn't have been okay with Jake dying. I could just as easily have seen Edward and Bella dying together in some sort of attempt to save nessie and the others, especially considering how close to death they'd come in previous books and the romeo/juliet angle of their relationship. The 'perfect' ending didn't bother me. The major thing that I was unhappy about was that I didn't get more Jake. Looks like we all had very different wants/expectations for the book.