Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

My friend and I just saw it for the 4th (?) time the other night (our excuse to our families was that we had to do some research on vampire lore! LOL! they just rolled their eyes at us!), and I have to say that the movie has grown on me. Maybe because I've now read the books enough times, and, for example, know what the pained expressions on Edward's face mean, that I do like the movie. However, I still don't think that someone going to see the movie without the benefit of reading the books, would fully capture the intensity of the emotions. I REALLY hope they are able to address that in NM!

(now the movie is only playing at 1 theater in the area about 45 mins away~is that too far to go to see it again?! I don't think so! :lol: :lol: )
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

TwilightSagaAddict, of course 45 minutes isn't too far to go and see Twilight! In fact, you could say that this weekend, I travelled 4 hours to see it. I was back in my hometown for a family party. I happened to find out that Twilight was playing at the old, single-screen theater that I used to go to every Saturday growing up. It's a 65 year old historical theater that has been converted into an arts center, but they still do weekend movies for $3. My sister-in-law, her sister, my love and I all went to see it. It was amazing. The show started at 9:15. The early show (7 pm) was just letting out when we got there and it had sold out. The theater seats 225. We saw it with about 120 of our closest friends. It was so cool being in my old haunts, watching my new favorite one! Right up until this absolute moron in the row behind me decided to burst out laughing as Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella's arm. Oh My God!!!! My husband literally grabbed me around the waste, he was afraid I was going to kill her. And, I gladly would have!!!! Argh!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

That's awesome Jazz Girl! Sounds like a great place to see it in. And I know how you felt. I saw Twilight for the first time with two friends who had read the books already....anyway, one of them kept giggling when I wished she wouldn't :evil: Like that part when he sucks the venom out. Some people just....grrr! lol
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Okay, I have officially crossed over the line! That's it. Haul me to the sanitorium and get me a room for shock therapy next to Alice's. I just made a date with a really good friend of mine to go see the movie twice this week! We went two weeks ago, but she had to take her sons, who are 16 and 13. Well, the 16 year old actually loved it and is now reading the novels (Yay Me! New TwiGuy!) But, her 13 year old is really sensitive and couldn't stay, so he went into another theater and she felt the need to go with him. (Yes, I have guilt, but my 6 year old loved it so I didn't realize it would be an issue). Anyway, she wants to see it again, but knows she will have to see it twice to catch everything! And, of course, I lovingly agreed to be her TwiGuide. :lol: That's it. Check me in.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

How much money have you spent on tickets to Twilight, Jazz Girl?
We're in a recession, you know? :P
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Someone has to keep the economy going, and it may as be us Twillight fans! :lol: :lol: I'm trying to plan a "field trip" to see it again! I see nothing wrong with seeing it 2x this week Jazz Girl! ;) If I could, I would do the same. We are sick, sick, sick! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:Someone has to keep the economy going, and it may as be us Twillight fans!
Right?? lol, seriously, I have done my share since I got all obsessed in late November :lol:

Me and my best friend have started our own "Twilight Tuesday." Two weeks ago we went and saw the movie after work on Tue, then the next week it just happened to work out on the same day again. Now, I told her we have to continue this and go tomorrow too :lol: We're lucky enough that the mall about 5 mins from my house still plays it every night, starting around 4:30
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
twilightsagaaddict wrote:Someone has to keep the economy going, and it may as be us Twillight fans!
Right?? lol, seriously, I have done my share since I got all obsessed in late November :lol:

Me and my best friend have started our own "Twilight Tuesday." Two weeks ago we went and saw the movie after work on Tue, then the next week it just happened to work out on the same day again. Now, I told her we have to continue this and go tomorrow too :lol: We're lucky enough that the mall about 5 mins from my house still plays it every night, starting around 4:30
My thoughts exactly, TwilightSagaAddict!! What better way to keep this crazy system of ours going than to spend a few dollars to go to my happy place for a few hours. :)

TeamEdward1918, you truly are a lucky individual. The theater to which we will travel is only about 15 minutes from work, but a good 45 to an hour back home for me, depending on traffic. Alas, still sooooooooo overwhelmingly worth it! The most lovely thing though is that it is a theater with a liquor license. Thus, as I am well over legal age of consumption, I can kick back in a nice quiet theater with a glass of wine and the loveliness and joy that is this movie for me. Maybe there are some perks to being a grown up after all. 8-)
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Oooh, Wine + Twilight = my happy place.....

Well, actually my happy place would be Bella's happy place, but you know....don't see that happening any time soon :lol:
E<3B
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

Jazz Girl wrote:
TeamEdward1918 wrote:

My thoughts exactly, TwilightSagaAddict!! What better way to keep this crazy system of ours going than to spend a few dollars to go to my happy place for a few hours. :)

TeamEdward1918, you truly are a lucky individual. The theater to which we will travel is only about 15 minutes from work, but a good 45 to an hour back home for me, depending on traffic. Alas, still sooooooooo overwhelmingly worth it! The most lovely thing though is that it is a theater with a liquor license. Thus, as I am well over legal age of consumption, I can kick back in a nice quiet theater with a glass of wine and the loveliness and joy that is this movie for me. Maybe there are some perks to being a grown up after all. 8-)
Since the movie seems to be playing mostly in discount theaters now, our obsession is saving us money! :lol:
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love