Make Up

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrostyJasper
Wandering Through Town

Re: Make Up

Post by FrostyJasper »

What can't you live without?
eye shadow and mascara!

What brands do you use?
umm...any good kind. haha.

What makeup tips do you want to share?
never put on A TON of eye liner

Your worst makeup story?
well, one day i put on a ton of eye liner and my uncle said i looked like a racoon... :?

Are you having a good makup day?
yes!

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow?
nahh
ImageImage
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

What can't you live without? Great Lash Mascara, I could live with that alone.

What brands do you use? For my skin I use Bare Natural Mineral makeup by Loreal, it's good for your skin and it looks natural, and for my eyes I use Almay (eyeliner), Great Lash Mascara :D , and some brand that I can't seem to remember the name of for eyeshadow.

What makeup tips do you want to share?READ THIS: If you have problems with your eyelashes staying curly, put your eyelash curler (if metal, I haven't tried this with plastic) under the heat of a blowdrier for about 30 seconds. Make sure to test the curler on your hand so you don't burn your eye. Then once it is warm, curl away! It makes your lashes hold a curl for MUCH longer that traditional eyelash curling.

Your worst makeup story? Before I switched to Almay eyeliner, my eyeliner would always smear and one day I came out of Gym Class and I looked like a racoon...not a good day :shock:

Are you having a good makup day? YES, natural looking and polished :D

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow? Nope not an 80's child...I do want to ban blue eyeshadow though lol, Unless it works on you, then keep on rockin the blue.
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I use mark. makeup (from Avon). It's pretty cheap and it works really well. I mean, it's not the greatest (hence, it's not totally expensive), but it works well enough.
I love brown eyeshadow. I goes very well with my blue eyes. :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

srabrgr wrote: What makeup tips do you want to share?READ THIS: If you have problems with your eyelashes staying curly, put your eyelash curler (if metal, I haven't tried this with plastic) under the heat of a blowdrier for about 30 seconds. Make sure to test the curler on your hand so you don't burn your eye. Then once it is warm, curl away! It makes your lashes hold a curl for MUCH longer that traditional eyelash curling.
They make eyelash curlers with heaters in them now. It works exactly like this. I don't have one, so I don't know how well they work.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

samajama wrote:
srabrgr wrote: What makeup tips do you want to share?READ THIS: If you have problems with your eyelashes staying curly, put your eyelash curler (if metal, I haven't tried this with plastic) under the heat of a blowdrier for about 30 seconds. Make sure to test the curler on your hand so you don't burn your eye. Then once it is warm, curl away! It makes your lashes hold a curl for MUCH longer that traditional eyelash curling.
They make eyelash curlers with heaters in them now. It works exactly like this. I don't have one, so I don't know how well they work.
Mmhmm, I've heard about electiric eyelash curlers, but I don't personaly know anyone that has used one, and I saw that tip as an alternative :D I'd be cool to try an electric eyelash curler and see how it works though...unless it ends up burning your eye :shock:
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

Sephora pressed powder! love it! I also have to have mascara on at all times! I have blonde eyelashes so i look weird without it, I love pink eyeshadow...i have way to much of it and i am trying to find a new favorite. I love burts bees chapstick! I always have a tube of it handy!

What brands do you use?
I like alot of the sephora stuff, rimmel is a good grocery store brand, i have heard alot of good things about mac but havent had the chance to get any.

Always use lotion with atleast spf 15 in it! its a good easy way to protect the skin on your face.

Your worst makeup story?
none so far!

pretty good...tried silver eyeshadow today and it looks ok,not as good as pink but like i said, im trying new things! lol

Blue eyeshadow looks ok on some people i dont like it on myself but i have seen it done right and it does look good...oh and i was born in 84 so i guess im a child of the eighties lol
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Concealer, loose powder and eyeliner!

What brands do you use?
Rimmel London, Maybelline, N.Y.C., and Cover Girl.

What makeup tips do you want to share?Putting white eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes make them look bigger! Also, purple eyeshadow makes the whites of your eyes whiter. Always moisturize before putting on makeup. Don't put eyeliner all the way around our eye, or it makes your eye look smaller. If you wear a lot of eye makeup, wear VERY little on your lips. And vice versa.

Your worst makeup story?
I unsuccessfully covered up a zit with concealer and it looked ridiculous. It would have been better if I left it alone, but it was disgusting because the makeup wore off part way and...ew.

I wore no makeup today XD I have to give my face a break :P

I definitely want to ban blue eyeshadow. It's not very natural looking :P
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i don't NEED make up, but i like to wear it when/if i go out

What brands do you use?
whatever looks good

raccoon eyes don't look good on ANYBODY lol

Your worst makeup story?
well, one day i put on a ton of eye liner and my uncle said i looked like a racoon...<<<<same

i was, until i took it off a few hours ago. lol

w/e floats... their boat. lol

I usually only wear mascara or mineral powder/blush. I rarely ever HAVE to use make up for my skin but once and a while after a stressful week, makeup duty calls. loll (if ya know what i mean)

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Face primer and lip gloss

What brands do you use?
A wide varity. MAC, Urban Decay, an stila

None really. Just that everyone looks good in natural make-up

Your worst makeup story?
None that I can think of

I'm not wearing any right now, but I did.

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eye shadow?
'92 baby!
Blue looks good on certain people, but it is not for everyone
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

MASCARA, MASCARA, MASCARA. I would die without my mascara (I have blonde eyelashes)

What brands do you use?
Mary Kay and Arbonne (they have the most AwEsOmE eyeshadow!) A lot of generic stuff as well...

Your worst makeup story?
I don't have a personal one, but my mom didn't put any on one day, and someone asked her if she was sick.

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409