Mama Mia--The movie!

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pollypollypolly
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Mama Mia--The movie!

Post by pollypollypolly »

I went to see Mama Mia! with my Nan.
I thought it would be really lame, and expected my Nan to embarrass me in the cinema by singing the Abba melodies.

But I ended singing them all..
It was AMAZING.
DVD for Christmas, yes!
“This hostage stuff is fun.”

ImBettingOnAlice
Settled in Forks

Post by ImBettingOnAlice »

i went to see it with my sister lauralovescullens and the rest of my family and thought it would be cheesey! but it was really good i want the dvd too for christmas :lol:
What if im not the superhero. What if im the bad guy?

elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I loved Mamma Mia

Excuse for one moment while I blend Twilight and Mamma Mia (Honey Honey...how he thrills me uhuh honey honey...nearly kills me uhuh honey honey)

sorry all better. Anyway, there's a cinema here where you can take wine or coffee in with you and you get free popcorn and soda so I went with my best friend and my parents (oh for pity's sake I sound like a child here...but I love my parents) anyway, I didn't notice bad singing I was having so much fun and I couldn't stop singing the songs. I really hope I get it for Christmas. :D

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I got the soundtrack for Christmas. :P
But what's weird is that there are 2 songs in the movie not on the soundtrack and then 1 song that isn't in the movie, but on deleted scenes, that's on the cd. I thought that was weird. But I like the extra song and the other two I don't really miss, so it's cool. :)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

My sister took the DVD I gave her for Christmas on our vacation and we watched it with a friend again there. Then the next day in the ski lift we were singing 'Dancing Queen' like a couple of idiots. :lol: After I got tired of it I told them to stop and then this guy who was in the lift with us starting humming it quietly to himself. :lol:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Cathrine
Settled in Forks

Post by Cathrine »

this is defo one of my new fav movies. the cast, the songs, the script, loves it!! and that dude (the one getting married, cant remember his name atm) hes hot <3 lol
Icon by me.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Cathrine wrote:this is defo one of my new fav movies. the cast, the songs, the script, loves it!! and that dude (the one getting married, cant remember his name atm) hes hot <3 lol
Are you talking about Dominic Cooper, who played Sky who was going to get married but didn't or Pierce Brosnan, Sam, who actually did get married?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Awww...I loved Mama Mia!
My favorite song was Lay All Your Love On Me. :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I've never seen the musical..and I only found out what Mama Mia was about after reading the preview/summary of what the movie was about..Having said that, it was okay..but I don't like movies or anything that leaves me hanging..and in this case, that would be finding out who EXACTLY was that girl's father (unless I totally missed it somewhere) Yeah I know her mom was madly in love with that guy and ended up marrying him in the end BUT, did they come out straight and say that the man was the girl's dad?
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

sarah! wrote:Awww...I loved Mama Mia!
My favorite song was Lay All Your Love On Me. :)
^^^That's my favorite song too :lol: !!!! I loved the movie soooooooooo much!!! I sing to all the songs all the time with my mom and it is so much fun. Its a definite girl movie cause no guy would ever like it but its fun to embarrass all the men and my family with it.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B