Introduction: Sharenei

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Introduction: Sharenei

Post by Sharenei »

How did you pick your screen name? This is...well, okay, it's the name of my highest-level character on World of Warcraft--my first character to make it past level 10. And believe me, it's LOADS less corny than my real name. *shudder*

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite? I actually had it suggested almost a year ago by a friend of mine who was working through the series. I didn't think much of it at the time, but after seeing some of the things they were doing for the movie in a Borders clip reel, I decided to grab the first book and give it a go. The next thing I knew, my husband was asking to borrow it so he'd have reading material on a work trip. By the time he's back, we're off to pick up the rest of them...having both (surprisingly enough) fallen for the series. It's something of a guilty pleasure, on his end, but I try not to rub it in. ;)

As for my favorite...well, without Midnight Sun (I don't care if it's not OFFICIALLY part of it, I see it as part and parcel of the Twilightverse), I can't really put a dedicated answer here, but my current vote goes for "Breaking Dawn", with "Twilight" a very close second. Strictly speaking, they're at a tie, but BD wins for mixing in more of the funny with the serious.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob? Erm, Esme? Okay, okay, so I have to pick from the Big Three here...but none of them really stand above, for me. Bella's practical and dedicated, Edward's tenacious and willing, and Jacob is supportive and BALANCED. Okay, maybe not in EVERY respect, but sixteen vs. nineteen and eighty (or so...with change. Give or take a decade, I won't ask if you won't.) and some of the shenanigans they've been up to? Yeah, Jacob's pretty balanced for his age. It's almost like asking who I'd want to win in the traditional war of human vs. vampires vs. werewolves. (Traditionally, I side with the werewolves, to be quite honest, but in the Twilightverse? Something of a different story.)

Who is your favorite minor character? Okay, Esme can go here, right? ;) It's a tie between Esme and Carlisle, really. Alice was up there for a while...and then I read New Moon. I don't exactly hate her or anything; she's just not on my personal list of favorites.

What are your hobbies? Oh, goodness...reading, writing, various forms of art, tea (quitting coffee = best decision I've made), research, foreign-language collecting

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!) The Central US, "Flyover Country". Yes, believe it or not, people live here. ;) (On the other hand, it'd be a GREAT place for the Cullens to settle down, if they felt like prairie wildlife...)

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc) ...mid-20's. *suddenly feels inexplicably old*

Extras: I'm a gamer and roleplayer when I'm not reading a book (latest has been starting Mervyn Peake's "Gormenghast" trilogy, while waiting for Midnight Sun. It's a bit involved, but if you don't mind heavy, then it's love. Go find it!). I watch Prison Break (for the ex-fed, oddly enough. I know, made of fail.), but it's almost the only non-BBC-related reason I bother turning on my TV. I'm Scotch/Irish/German/English by descent, and American by default. Born a military kid (dad's now out, thankfully), now happily married (non-military--again, thankfully) to a programmer-type who's also a gamer.

Oh, and the best ice cream flavor? Neapolitan. And pirates > ninjas, any day. ;)
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Introduction: Sharenei

Post by darkrider »

Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Dark--I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question or would just like to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

Welcome to the Lexicon!!!

I'm Alaina, feel free to PM me if you need anything, and I hope you have fun here. See you around the boards. :D
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! You will love it here. It’s a lot of fun meeting all the other happily Twilight-obsessed folks. Watch out – the Lex is highly addictive! ;-)

Be sure to read the stickys at the top of the threads for important information. Also make sure to check out the Newcomer's guide for easy site navigation.

See you around the boards!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal. :D

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.